PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Picker 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

deters

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There's been enough news and updates from camp to kinda gauge how players are doing so far and i decided to pick my roster prior to our first preseason game next week. Obviously it will change slightly, but i'm curious to see what other people are thinking the final 53 will look like. I carried 54 since Brady being out 4 games should allow an extra player on the roster (QB Brissett). I had tough decision between DJ Foster and James White, but went with experience of White. Don't know much for backup TE, so i just threw Derby on there until i have preseason games to see how they perform. Just glancing at the roster, it seems like a very talented and young group. Worried about OL again this year but if they stay healthy we should be ok. I expect something to happen with Stork. Either he is cut, placed on IR or retires so we must find a backup from one of our guards (likely Kline).

QB (3) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (5) D.Lewis, B.Bolden, J.Develin, J.White, L.Blount
WR (6) J.Edelman, C.Hogan, M.Slater, D.Amendola, M.Mitchell, K.Martin
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, A.Derby, M.Bennett
C (1) D.Andrews
G (5) S.Mason, T.Jackson, J.Thuney, J.Cooper, J.Kline
T (4) N.Solder, C.Fleming, L.Waddle, S.Vollmer
DE (5) R.Ninkovich, C.Long, T.Flowers, R.Johnson, J.Sheard
DT (4) M.Brown, A.Branch, T.Knighton, V.Valentine
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(4) J.Collins, S.McClellin, K.Grugier-Hill, J.Freeny
CB (5) M.Butler, L.Ryan, D.Roberts, C.Jones, J.Coleman
SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

Total players: 54
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2015

There's been enough news and updates from camp to kinda gauge how players are doing so far and i decided to pick my roster prior to our first preseason game next week. Obviously it will change slightly, but i'm curious to see what other people are thinking the final 53 will look like. I carried 54 since Brady being out 4 games should allow an extra player on the roster (QB Brissett). I had tough decision between DJ Foster and James White, but went with experience of White. Don't know much for backup TE, so i just threw Derby on there until i have preseason games to see how they perform. Just glancing at the roster, it seems like a very talented and young group. Worried about OL again this year but if they stay healthy we should be ok. I expect something to happen with Stork. Either he is cut, placed on IR or retires so we must find a backup from one of our guards (likely Kline).

QB (3) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (5) D.Lewis, B.Bolden, J.Develin, J.White, L.Blount
WR (6) J.Edelman, C.Hogan, M.Slater, D.Amendola, M.Mitchell, K.Martin
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, A.Derby, M.Bennett
C (1) D.Andrews
G (5) S.Mason, T.Jackson, J.Thuney, J.Cooper, J.Kline
T (4) N.Solder, C.Fleming, L.Waddle, S.Vollmer
DE (5) R.Ninkovich, C.Long, T.Flowers, R.Johnson, J.Sheard
DT (4) M.Brown, A.Branch, T.Knighton, V.Valentine
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(4) J.Collins, S.McClellin, K.Grugier-Hill, J.Freeny
CB (5) M.Butler, L.Ryan, D.Roberts, C.Jones, J.Coleman
SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner

I'd be disappointed if Jonathan Jones doesn't make the team. I'm intrigued by his upside. I'd also be disappointed to miss out on Brandon King's special teams ability. BB has some tough decisions to come.

Highly doubt BB will take only 5 linebackers. 5 running backs seems a bit much also.
Also hearing good things for Dobson so he might make it, too.
What happened to Slater?

I hope you're not implying that Brissett, our 3rd round pick, will be cut after Brady comes back.

So how long will Ebner be gone? Bernard King can take his slot.

Not sure about Cooper making the roster either. That plantar fascia issue sounds like one that could hinder him for a while. Maybe IR and renegotiate his contract at the same time?

Cooper's spot could go to Dobson until Brady returns, by then we should know if he is worth keeping it.

I agree with Manx on Jonathan Jones, gotta find a spot for him. Maybe move Ryan.

Pats will have to move some bodies for picks if they can, otherwise they will be having to cut some real assets.

Oh, and Bryce Williams......
Stay down! You're hurt d%#*!@t! Off to IR with you until next year when we have a spot for you!

Last edited:
life_booth_0.jpg

"d%#*!@t! We're at 54... who's getting out?!?!?"

So how long will Ebner be gone? Bernard King can take his slot.

Not sure about Cooper making the roster either. That plantar fascia issue sounds like one that could hinder him for a while. Maybe IR and renegotiate his contract at the same time?

Cooper's spot could go to Dobson until Brady returns, by then we should know if he is worth keeping it.

I agree with Manx on Jonathan Jones, gotta find a spot for him. Maybe move Ryan.

Pats will have to move some bodies for picks if they can, otherwise they will be having to cut some real assets.

Oh, and Bryce Williams......
Stay down! You're hurt d%#*!@t! Off to IR with you until next year when we have a spot for you!
Olympics are only a few weeks, so Ebner should be back at practice probably by the 3rd preseason game.

I put Cooper on just because he was getting top reps if I'm not mistaken before the injury. If so, seems they believe he is valuable and he can also play multiple positions iirc.

Someone will get DR-IR, maybe Cooper, so like you said someone could replace him until he returns.

I do like Jones as a replacement for Ryan, however I wanna see him in a preseason game first. Ryan while not 100% consistent is still a decent CB for us. If Jones or any other guys play very well in preseason, I can see Ryan being traded for picks.

This is just a starting point. I'll change it probably after each game until final cutdowns.

I hope you're not implying that Brissett, our 3rd round pick, will be cut after Brady comes back.
I'm confused with how he fits into the team. I get he's #2 until Brady is back, but we've consistently carried 2 QB before. I just don't see how he is more valuable than other players down the chart once Brady returns. His draft position still mystifies me.

To me the top issues are

Karras - This kid looks like a find. IDK if he make it to the PS. I think we go 9 OL men so either we cut one of Cannon or Waddle or let one of our other guards go... maybe Cooper due to injury or Kline :/ Personally I say cut Cannon and use him cap money to help the team elsewhere

5th WR - Not going there (slater counts as STs in my mind)

Foster vs White

Jones v Roberts
- I would love to keep both. If up to me i would but i don't see it.

Branch vs Kuhn - Yes this is gonna be a battle... very hard to keep both.

Reflecting today's activations from PUP:

QB (3) J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett, T.Brady
RB (5) L.Blount, B.Bolden, J.White, T.Gaffney, J.Iosefa
WR (6) J.Edelman, C.Hogan, K.Martin, N.Washington, M.Mitchell, A.Dobson
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, M.Bennett, C.Harbor
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) J.Thuney, S.Mason, J.Kline, T.Karras
T (4) N.Solder, S.Vollmer, L.Waddle, K.Kerbyson
DE (5) R.Ninkovich, J.Sheard, C.Long, T.Flowers, R.Johnson
DT (4) M.Brown, T.Knighton, A.Branch, V.Valentine
ILB(2) D.Hightower, E.Roberts
OLB(4) J.Collins, S.McClellin, R.Humber, K.Grugier-Hill
CB (5) M.Butler, L.Ryan, C.Jones, J.Coleman, D.Roberts
SS (2) P.Chung, J.Richards
ST (4) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona, Slater

- Assuming that Amendola & Dion Lewis remain on PUP, and that Vollmer is removed from it (because we have nobody worthy of replacing him).

- This team is desperate for fresh legs at RB; so Gaffney & Iosefa stay (for now) and Donald Brown & Develin go. If Iosefa out-performs Blunt, then Develin stays and Blunt goes. DJ Foster to PS, if he clears waivers.

- Aaron Dropson is merely a place-holder until Amendola's return. Lucien to PS.

- Stork, Tre Jackson, Cooper all IRed; Cannonfodder & Cam Fleming waived.

- Rufus Johnson has an infinitely better chance of contributing than GeeNo Grossem.

- The athleticism of Humber, Elandon Roberts & KGH all far outweigh the experience but complete suckitude of Jonny Freeny. KGH might also contribute in a Big Nickle package.

- The numbers might be against Jonathan Jones if everybody stays healthy & performs to their capabilities. He would be a great PS candidate if he could clear waivers.

Success on first try with Brady and Ebner not counting.

I'm sure I have one too many RB. Would have liked Derby but with the young TE we should get at least one on the PS. Think Bill will keep Martin over Dobson. Dumped Cannon, doubt Bill will. Probably need to dump a DL in favor of ILB but maybe McClellin could play there in a pinch.

QB (2) J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (6) D.Lewis, J.Develin, J.White, D.Brown, L.Blount, T.Gaffney, M.Slater
WR (5) J.Edelman, D.Amendola, M.Mitchell, C.Hogan, A.Dobson
C (2) D.Andrews, B.Stork
G (5) S.Mason, J.Thuney, J.Cooper, T.Karras, J.Kline
T (3) N.Solder, L.Waddle, S.Vollmer
DE (5) R.Ninkovich, J.Sheard, C.Long, G.Grissom, T.Flowers
DT (5) M.Brown, A.Branch, T.Knighton, V.Valentine
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(3) J.Collins, K.Grugier-Hill, S.McClellin
CB (5) M.Butler, L.Ryan, J.Jones, C.Jones, J.Coleman
SS (3) P.Chung, B.King, J.Richards

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2016

Last edited:
From what I'm reading, here are the skill position players doing well enough to stick. Add the OL and it looks like we will be able to come close to filling the 53 man roster from the offense. Now what do we do about defense?

Seriously, I'm not worried about the roster. My biggest concern right now is whether any of the cuts make it to the PS, or if they all get picked up by other teams as better than their back of the roster scrubs...

WR

Edelman
Amendola (PUP?)
Hogan
Harper
Mitchell
Dobson
Martin (?)
Carter (?)

TE

Gronk
Bennett
Derby
Williams
Harbor

RB

Lewis (PUP?)
Blount
Bolden
White
Brown
Foster
Gaffney

I'm confused with how he fits into the team. I get he's #2 until Brady is back, but we've consistently carried 2 QB before. I just don't see how he is more valuable than other players down the chart once Brady returns. His draft position still mystifies me.

When was the last time Belichick cut a 3rd round patriot rookie?

NEVER!

Brisset will make the 53.

Mine has finally changed since the spring.

QB (2): Garoppolo, Brissett
RB (5): Blount, White, Brown, Bolden, Develin
WR (6): Edelman, Hogan, Martin, Dobson, Mitchell, Slater
TE (3): Gronkowski, Bennett, Derby
OL (9): Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Cooper, Cannon, Waddle, Kline, Mason, Karras
DL (5): Brown, Branch, Knighton, Kuhn, Valentine
DL/LB (5): Sheard, Ninkovich, McClellin, Long, Flowers
LB (4): Hightower, Collins, Freeny, Grugier-Hill
CB (5): Butler, Ryan, Coleman, C. Jones, J. Jones
S (6): McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards, Ebner, King
ST (3): Gostkowski, Allen, Cardona

• QB thoughts: **** Goodell.
  • RB thoughts: Don't know about this RB group.
    • Don't like it without Lewis, and don't like the idea of relying on Lewis' health.
    • Hearing that Brown has been better than expected, which is the only reason he makes it here.
    • Positive reports on Gaffney read more like "he's finally getting a chance!" than "he's doing well"; I'm just not sure he's got it in him to be an NFL player. Hope he proves me wrong. We need RBs to step up.
    • Develin's return should be a big deal.
  • WR thoughts: Looking like a boom or bust group.
    • I haven't been hearing much about Martin lately, but he got a lot of chances last year and looked decent and in my opinion has a roster spot to lose.
    • Dobson news has cooled down lately; he wasn't on my roster before TC and I'll be quick to switch him out if Carter/Harper impress (I hear Carter has already, and Harper a bit too). Amendola's return will push someone off, though.
  • TE thoughts:
    • Derby finally gets a spot on my team. I never really bought into him, but all signs indicate he is currently the #3 TE on this roster.
    • Harbor got a decent bonus and 2 years and seems like the type who would stick around here at least for a season. But right now, he simply hasn't earned a spot.
    • Heard good things about Bryce Williams. I think he'll end up on the PS or IR (if his injury is serious).
  • OL thoughts:
    • I'm terrified about that tackle depth. Cannon is currently a starter. He wasn't particularly good with Scar either, but he was serviceable in 2013.
    • At least Waddle seems to be having a good camp. I think Fleming and the others at the position behind him just aren't good enough.
    • Such a large group of guards that could all either start or be cut (except it looks like Thuney is a keeper).
    • Cooper was the starter at RG when camp started, so he might have a long leash. He could end up on IR and get recalled later in the season.
    • Karras seems too good to cut, especially with how tenuous the OL is and how it could need a spark any given week. Remember that everything changed when Stork entered the lineup in 2014. Which leads me to...
    • I hate to see Stork practice again. When it happens more frequently, you should probably take that as a signal to get out. He won us a Super Bowl as a rookie, but I think the injuries may have derailed his career and made him a mixed bag when healthy in 2015. I'm leaving him off the roster, especially because I considered him a bubble player before the concussion.
    • Has Jackson practiced yet?
    • Mason is the biggest wild card of the OL. It will sink or swim with both his play and the tackle depth.
  • DL thoughts: Not much to say here, except that I'm excited to see what this line can do.
    • Brown developed very fast last year and should become an essential piece sooner rather than later, if that hasn't happened already.
    • I have this possibly irrational hunch that Branch could be one of those players (sorry, none immediately come to mind) that takes a huge step up as a player in his 30s. He's always been a quietly great starter on this team and it only takes a couple games to get lucky with sack statistics to get on the national radar.
    • Kuhn has been the biggest surprise of the group, if not the only surprise, and it's a positive one. I hope he is much more than the player he allegedly was in New Jersey.
    • I think Valentine could be one of those picks you didn't even consider draftable going in and then turns out to be an impressive pro very early on. Harmon of DTs?
  • DL/LB thoughts: Logjam, or rotation?
    • Sheard and Ninkovich are the top 2. I can't see any getting around that.
    • Long has never been the player some people think he currently is. He'll probably make this team but have a Trevor Scott-like impact. Couple sacks, couple spot starts, mostly a liability as a starter.
    • I really hope McClellin plays LB, unless it happens to be by far a worse scheme fit, because there's so many more viable edge players than linebackers on this roster.
    • Flowers looked amazing last camp and preseason, and has been strong by many accounts this year, so I give him the last spot over Johnson and Grissom, both of whom I've kept until now.
  • LB thoughts:
    • I feel like BB just doesn't care about this position anymore, or considers the number of starters at the position on the field at any given time to be 1.5-2. Behind Hightower and Collins are a bunch of ST-type linebackers and Elandon Roberts, arguably the least impressive draft pick of the Pats class so far.
    • I can't justify keeping only 3, considering not long ago in this league you generally put 3 on the field at any given time, so I give Grugier-Hill the last spot for making some plays in TC and having potential to be a good positional player.
    • I think Freeny is the clear frontrunner for the #3 spot, if it isn't considered his already, after last year and his extension. I don't agree with it, but that's the signal the coaches are sending.
  • CB thoughts:
    • This is either going to go very well or very badly. These are a lot of young guys who played well early in their careers, but some of those players turn out to be duds. Hopefully none of Butler (yeah, right--but FAR crazier things have happened than the idea of him being a one year wonder), Ryan (last year was by far his best season), Coleman turn out to be frauds.
    • I like that there's a strong competition for the #3 spot. Means the #4 spot will be in good hands as well.
    • I hate to leave Roberts off because he looked so good last summer, but seems like things are changing around here. Jonathan Jones seems to be outperforming him.
  • S thoughts:
    • It's less of a competition here, more about trying to justify keeping 6 valuable players on the roster.
    • Of these 6, I think Richards (he's the most unproven and only has near-lock status because he was a 2nd round pick who didn't do anything wrong) is the most vulnerable.
    • I can't cut Ebner or King. I just can't. Both are too good at ST.

From what I'm reading, here are the skill position players doing well enough to stick. Add the OL and it looks like we will be able to come close to filling the 53 man roster from the offense. Now what do we do about defense?

Seriously, I'm not worried about the roster. My biggest concern right now is whether any of the cuts make it to the PS, or if they all get picked up by other teams as better than their back of the roster scrubs...

You don't have to worry. This is “reportedly“ the least talented U-25 roster in the league.

Mine has finally changed since the spring.

QB (2): Garoppolo, Brissett
RB (5): Blount, White, Brown, Bolden, Develin
WR (6): Edelman, Hogan, Martin, Dobson, Mitchell, Slater
TE (3): Gronkowski, Bennett, Derby
OL (9): Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Cooper, Cannon, Waddle, Kline, Mason, Karras
DL (5): Brown, Branch, Knighton, Kuhn, Valentine
DL/LB (5): Sheard, Ninkovich, McClellin, Long, Flowers
LB (4): Hightower, Collins, Freeny, Grugier-Hill
CB (5): Butler, Ryan, Coleman, C. Jones, J. Jones
S (6): McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards, Ebner, King
ST (3): Gostkowski, Allen, Cardona

• QB thoughts: **** Goodell.
  • RB thoughts: Don't know about this RB group.
    • Don't like it without Lewis, and don't like the idea of relying on Lewis' health.
    • Hearing that Brown has been better than expected, which is the only reason he makes it here.
    • Positive reports on Gaffney read more like "he's finally getting a chance!" than "he's doing well"; I'm just not sure he's got it in him to be an NFL player. Hope he proves me wrong. We need RBs to step up.
    • Develin's return should be a big deal.
  • WR thoughts: Looking like a boom or bust group.
    • I haven't been hearing much about Martin lately, but he got a lot of chances last year and looked decent and in my opinion has a roster spot to lose.
    • Dobson news has cooled down lately; he wasn't on my roster before TC and I'll be quick to switch him out if Carter/Harper impress (I hear Carter has already, and Harper a bit too). Amendola's return will push someone off, though.
  • TE thoughts:
    • Derby finally gets a spot on my team. I never really bought into him, but all signs indicate he is currently the #3 TE on this roster.
    • Harbor got a decent bonus and 2 years and seems like the type who would stick around here at least for a season. But right now, he simply hasn't earned a spot.
    • Heard good things about Bryce Williams. I think he'll end up on the PS or IR (if his injury is serious).
  • OL thoughts:
    • I'm terrified about that tackle depth. Cannon is currently a starter. He wasn't particularly good with Scar either, but he was serviceable in 2013.
    • At least Waddle seems to be having a good camp. I think Fleming and the others at the position behind him just aren't good enough.
    • Such a large group of guards that could all either start or be cut (except it looks like Thuney is a keeper).
    • Cooper was the starter at RG when camp started, so he might have a long leash. He could end up on IR and get recalled later in the season.
    • Karras seems too good to cut, especially with how tenuous the OL is and how it could need a spark any given week. Remember that everything changed when Stork entered the lineup in 2014. Which leads me to...
    • I hate to see Stork practice again. When it happens more frequently, you should probably take that as a signal to get out. He won us a Super Bowl as a rookie, but I think the injuries may have derailed his career and made him a mixed bag when healthy in 2015. I'm leaving him off the roster, especially because I considered him a bubble player before the concussion.
    • Has Jackson practiced yet?
    • Mason is the biggest wild card of the OL. It will sink or swim with both his play and the tackle depth.
  • DL thoughts: Not much to say here, except that I'm excited to see what this line can do.
    • Brown developed very fast last year and should become an essential piece sooner rather than later, if that hasn't happened already.
    • I have this possibly irrational hunch that Branch could be one of those players (sorry, none immediately come to mind) that takes a huge step up as a player in his 30s. He's always been a quietly great starter on this team and it only takes a couple games to get lucky with sack statistics to get on the national radar.
    • Kuhn has been the biggest surprise of the group, if not the only surprise, and it's a positive one. I hope he is much more than the player he allegedly was in New Jersey.
    • I think Valentine could be one of those picks you didn't even consider draftable going in and then turns out to be an impressive pro very early on. Harmon of DTs?
  • DL/LB thoughts: Logjam, or rotation?
    • Sheard and Ninkovich are the top 2. I can't see any getting around that.
    • Long has never been the player some people think he currently is. He'll probably make this team but have a Trevor Scott-like impact. Couple sacks, couple spot starts, mostly a liability as a starter.
  • I really hope McClellin plays LB, unless it happens to be by far a worse scheme fit, because there's so many more viable edge players than linebackers on this roster.
    • Flowers looked amazing last camp and preseason, and has been strong by many accounts this year, so I give him the last spot over Johnson and Grissom, both of whom I've kept until now.
  • LB thoughts:
    • I feel like BB just doesn't care about this position anymore, or considers the number of starters at the position on the field at any given time to be 1.5-2. Behind Hightower and Collins are a bunch of ST-type linebackers and Elandon Roberts, arguably the least impressive draft pick of the Pats class so far.
    • I can't justify keeping only 3, considering not long ago in this league you generally put 3 on the field at any given time, so I give Grugier-Hill the last spot for making some plays in TC and having potential to be a good positional player.
    • I think Freeny is the clear frontrunner for the #3 spot, if it isn't considered his already, after last year and his extension. I don't agree with it, but that's the signal the coaches are sending.
  • CB thoughts:
    • This is either going to go very well or very badly. These are a lot of young guys who played well early in their careers, but some of those players turn out to be duds. Hopefully none of Butler (yeah, right--but FAR crazier things have happened than the idea of him being a one year wonder), Ryan (last year was by far his best season), Coleman turn out to be frauds.
    • I like that there's a strong competition for the #3 spot. Means the #4 spot will be in good hands as well.
    • I hate to leave Roberts off because he looked so good last summer, but seems like things are changing around here. Jonathan Jones seems to be outperforming him.
  • S thoughts:
    • It's less of a competition here, more about trying to justify keeping 6 valuable players on the roster.
    • Of these 6, I think Richards (he's the most unproven and only has near-lock status because he was a 2nd round pick who didn't do anything wrong) is the most vulnerable.
    • I can't cut Ebner or King. I just can't. Both are too good at ST.
QB - Agree.

RB - Agree. Very disappointing that Bill didn't acquire fresh legs at RB, either via the draft or free agency, or preferably both.

WR - Agree. Don't discount Nate Washington, either. My hope is that he will be able to make catches whenever targeted, provided that he can still avoid coverage long enough to be in position to make said catches. He would be a nice part of a transitional group of vets holding the fort while the scramble to find a consistent core of WRs for what have now become Brady's final years continues apace, and unquenched.

OL - Agree, especially about the OT situation.

DL - Agree, though not as enthusiastic about Kuhn & Valentine. I question the quality of the DT depth behind Brown, Knighton & Branch. And Ninko's possible season-ending injury will cripple the pass rush.
Replacing his spot on the roster with somebody like GeeNo Grossem, in addition to the loss of Chandler Jones, is a major talent downgrade.

LB - Agree.

CB - Agree. There's a reason why I had hoped that the Tarrell Brown signing would work.

S - I believe that Richards is the 4th Safety behind McCourty, Chung & Harmon. Everybody else is competing for what ideally would be 1 spot, 2 at the very most. I don't know if there should be room for both Ebner & Brandon King; depth issues elsewhere, on both offense & defense, could force trimming from a deep Safety group. The STs slack will have to be taken-up by other backups, as it always has been.

Pats Picker is depressing this year...too many GOOD cuts.

QB (2) J.Brissett, J.Garoppolo
RB (5) D.Lewis, L.Blount, B.Bolden, T.Gaffney, J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, D.Lucien, D.Amendola, K.Martin, M.Slater, C.Hogan
C (2) B.Stork, D.Andrews
G (5) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Jackson, J.Cooper, J.Kline
DE (4) R.Ninkovich, G.Grissom, C.Long, J.Sheard
DT (4) M.Brown, A.Branch, V.Valentine, T.Knighton
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(4) J.Collins, J.Freeny, K.Grugier-Hill, S.McClellin
CB (6) M.Butler, E.Biggers, D.Roberts, C.Jones, J.Jones, L.Ryan
SS (3) N.Ebner, J.Richards, P.Chung

Gonna miss that Brady guy.

Lucien beats out Mitchell at rookie WR. My big surprise is Grugier-Hill at LB. I went deep at DB with six CBs - good overall group depth-wise. It would be ideal to have a vet like Revis in that group at a rational cost.

Last edited:
QB (2) J.Brissett, J.Garoppolo
RB (5) D.Lewis, L.Blount, B.Bolden, T.Gaffney, J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, D.Lucien, D.Amendola, K.Martin, M.Slater, C.Hogan
C (2) B.Stork, D.Andrews
G (5) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Jackson, J.Cooper, J.Kline
DE (4) R.Ninkovich, G.Grissom, C.Long, J.Sheard
DT (4) M.Brown, A.Branch, V.Valentine, T.Knighton
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(4) J.Collins, J.Freeny, K.Grugier-Hill, S.McClellin
CB (6) M.Butler, E.Biggers, D.Roberts, C.Jones, J.Jones, L.Ryan
SS (3) N.Ebner, J.Richards, P.Chung

Gonna miss that Brady guy.

Lucien beats out Mitchell at rookie WR. My big surprise is Grugier-Hill at LB. I went deep at DB with six CBs - good overall group depth-wise. It would be ideal to have a vet like Revis in that group at a rational cost.

What on earth has Lucien done better than Mitchell?

I'd be disappointed if Jonathan Jones doesn't make the team. I'm intrigued by his upside.

I think they'll find a way to keep both Roberts and J. Jones. Promising young CBs are too valuable a commodity to let go.

Here's my first pass, which assumes Amendola, Ebner and Brady remain ineligible, Vollmer and Lewis activated:

QB (2) J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (5) D.Lewis, L.Blount, T.Gaffney, D.Brown, J.Develin
WR (5) J.Edelman, C.Hogan, M.Mitchell, D.Carter, K.Martin
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) J.Thuney, S.Mason, J.Kline, T.Karras
T (4) N.Solder, S.Vollmer, L.Waddle, M.Cannon
DE (4) R.Ninkovich, T.Flowers, J.Sheard, C.Long
DT (5) M.Brown, A.Branch, T.Knighton, M.Kuhn, V.Valentine
ILB(2) D.Hightower, J.Freeny
OLB(3) J.Collins, S.McClellin, K.Grugier-Hill
CB (6) M.Butler, L.Ryan, J.Coleman, C.Jones, D.Roberts, J.Jones
SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards, B.King
ST (4) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona, Slater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back