PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49 Touchdown passes in a season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do some of these posters think those guys will have a big impact on the offense,but I hear those same guys called patriots pro shop to order their Super Bowl 42 championship merchandise already :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Those were smart guys!

I love the old thread bumping. Too bad I already bumped up that "I see 11-5 in a Realistic Look at This Team" thread a few weeks ago. I should have waited a few more weeks, it would be even funnier now.

Shattered by Tom Brady anyone?

Let's see. You know he threw 38 in 10 games at a 3.8 per game average.

Do you think he can possibly manage 11 more in 6 games at a 2.0 average against pathetic secondaries like Philly and the Jets and the Dolphins? Do ya think?

Do you think he can possibly manage 11 more in 6 games at a 2.0 average against pathetic secondaries like Philly and the Jets and the Dolphins? Do ya think?

You do know this a thread bump from March, right?

Check the time on the original post captain cool-aid.

Thanks for the humor, Frontseven! :D

Last edited:
I think he will crush Peyton's mark. However, I think Peyton could have crushed Peyton's mark in 04 if he and the Colts were so inclined. Believe it or not, if Brady has a "slump" and "only" throws for 3 touchdowns on Sunday, he and Manning will have had the same number of touchdowns through 11 games (41). Manning only threw 8 touchdowns over the last 5 games (including none in the last game).

Brady's touchdown tracker

Yeah, your right. Brady had to get that critical 5th TD against the Bills. Otherwise they could have cut the lead to 42-7.

And lets not forget the clinching TD in the Redskin game. Gave the Pats breathing room at 45-0. After that they could coast.

Oh I see you're still here. How unfortunate.

On another note, I predict Brady throws 148 TDs with 11,648 yards next year. The Pats will go 19-0 again with 19 consecutive shutouts and everyone will quit playing football. Well maybe not, but this season has proven that no prediction can be too high so why not shoot the moon and resurrect my comments next year :rocker:

Last edited:
Not me. The Pats are a balanced team. Run up a good lead, let the defense do their job (I've heard we might actually have a good defense this season!) and handoff to the RB to run out the clock and win the game.

If Brady needs to strap the team on his back and win by breaking the TD record we're going to finish that season the same way Manning did when he set the record.

I've referenced my own comment here many times during the season, admitting that I never imagined that Brady could be so prolific AND WE'D STILL have a balanced offense.

E.) Brady is not skilled enough to pass for 49 TDs

What Stallworth and Welker potentially provide are receivers who can compensate for Brady's recent tendency to make poor throws.

haha_simpsons.jpg

:rofl:

The most he's ever thrown is 28. I don't think Stallworth and Welker are going to make that total double. Funny thread man.

Love this post.

I just like threads that are prone to get flamed that I might get a chance to bump down the road and laugh at people.

Damn, what an awesome thread bump!!

E.) Brady is not skilled enough to pass for 49 TDs

What Stallworth and Welker potentially provide are receivers who can compensate for Brady's recent tendency to make poor throws.

Holy shyt, how is this guy still allowed to post here? I'd go hide in a cave if I was him. I feel bad enough I doubted Moss before the trade was made, but this kind of crap is really embarassing.

Even with a mediocre defense, Manning had to pass A LOT in garbage time to get 49. No way Belichick or Brady resort to stat-padding.

Nope they'd never resort to that ... :rolleyes:

They laughed at dreamers like us, they are not laughing anymore!

Doubtless, laughter from the same people who were claiming that Caldwell and Gaffney were "good enough" and that the Patriots didn't need to go out and get new receivers after the 2006 AFCCG meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back