PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3/27 3 round mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of agree with your reasoning. Ayers is a "popular" pick for the Titans right now, with many people assuming that Tennesee will load up on more DE help and make up for Haynesworth sort of "by committee". I'm not sure it makes sense. On the other hand, I'm not sure I consider Jason Jones really a DT either, and Tennessee has used him there. Ayers is stout against the run for a DE and has moved around a lot, including playing some DT for Tennessee. So I sort of put him there because I thought that was about where he rated, I wasn't sure where to put him, and I wasn't sure what to do for Tennessee. But your point is well taken.

I see Ron Brace more as a run-stuffing 3-4 NT. I think he will be a hot commodity with all the 3-4 teams, but I'm not sure that he fits for Tennessee. They seem to value more of a disrupting presence than Brace would provide.

I had toyed with the idea of having Tennessee reach for Jarron Gilbert. Gilbert has freakish athleticism, and with another 20 lbs. (which his frame could easily carry) he could be a freakish DT. But I'm not sure if I see him as a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE, so I held off.

Thanks for the feedback, Mayo..

You have the vikings and the chargers swap positions, with the vikings picking a WR, and the chargers picking a DE. I dont see that as a possibility.

The chargers have a QB in Rivers, RBs in sproles and LT, Shawn Merriman will be back so their only need would probally be at WR. Rivers is a pretty good QB, adding another WR to the group of Gates, Jackson and chambers would help their offense. Orginially where the chargers sit, they're first inline to pick from maclin, harvin, and that other WR darius breyward, I dont think they will trade out of this position.

The Chargers are very high on Chris Davis and Malcolm Floyd. The two WRs they have behind Chambers and Jackson. Merriman's injury was pretty severe and tends to have long term implications. As the OP pointed out, they lost their best guy off the bench in Igor Olshansky. So, I can definitely see the Chargers going with a DE.

As for the vikings. Well their passing attack is not that great, and trading up to the 16th spot to land a mid 1st round WR will not greatly improve their passing attack. If they traded up into the top 5, to grab Crabtree, then I can see that as a possible move. You have a better chance of improving your really bad passing attack by grabbing the best WR in the draft. Also, the vikings QB is not that good, so why spend the 1st round upgrade on a WR that has to depend on a good QB.

Who is the Vikings QB?

Brad Childress is an offensive coach. He's got the RBs. He's got an O-line. He's got TEs. What he doesn't have is good WRs. All one has to do is look to Detroit 2 years ago to see that even a mediocre QB like Kitna can look good when he's passing to Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey.

The Vikings adding a WR to develop behind Bobby Wade and Bernard Berrian would make a lot of sense. Especially if its someone who can compliment Sidney Rice allow Derius Reynaud to develop as the slot receiver.

Although I can accept that Belichick loves his Tight Ends, with Watson, Thomas and Baker I really don't want to use a highish draft pick on a tight end.

I had dropped Casey for a while after we signed Chris Baker, agreeing with you. However, I can still see some value to Casey:

1. Watson and Thomas are in their contract years, and neither has played up to expectations. I could see letting both go (Thomas now, and Watson after 2009) and play with an H-back (Casey) and a traditional blocking TE (Baker). Listorti and DeVrees could fight it out for #3, or maybe Connor Barwin could fill in occasionally. :D

2. Casey is more than just a TE. He can play WR as a flanker, can play fullback. He even has backup QB capability in a pinch, and showed some of his throwing prowess at his pro day. I would see him as a much more attractive Wildcat option than Pat White, not that I am a big Wildcat fan. He is one of the most versatile players in the draft, a high character kid, very bright and coachable.

Also, in my mock, my other main candidates of interest at #58 were gone, especially Jarron Gilbert and Eric Wood. So I thought Casey represented reasonable value.

I had dropped Casey for a while after we signed Chris Baker, agreeing with you. However, I can still see some value to Casey:

1. Watson and Thomas are in their contract years, and neither has played up to expectations. I could see letting both go (Thomas now, and Watson after 2009)

I don't think we'd let David Thomas go. He doesn't cost much and will be an RFA for two (?) seasons if we go uncapped. He has shown flashes of competance.

I don't think we'd let David Thomas go. He doesn't cost much and will be an RFA for two (?) seasons if we go uncapped. He has shown flashes of competance.

Probably not, though I doubt we would keep 4 TEs. As I said earlier, I had dropped Casey from my mocks after we signed Chris Baker, and I just wanted to revisit him as a potentially worthwhile possibility. But it probably doesn't make the most sense right now.

I liked the draft. I'd be happy with those top flight players.

I personally would of taken Rey Maualuga with 23 if he was there and rolled the dice with Barwin at 34.Delmas or best available safety at 47 and exchange the TE at 58 into Trevor Canfield OG. To me that would be ideal.

I personally would of taken Rey Maualuga with 23 if he was there and rolled the dice with Barwin at 34.Delmas or best available safety at 47 and exchange the TE at 58 into Trevor Canfield OG. To me that would be ideal.

Perfectly reasonable. I've heard rumors that Parcells is very interested in Barwin, and I suggested in my OP that the Pats were worried about this. If you had to choose between Maualuga or Barwin, with neither lasting till 34, who would you choose? I chose Barwin, but I expect the board will be divided, particularly as there are more OLB prospects than ILB prospects. If I were 100% sold on Maualuga as the 3-down solution at SILB then I would have taken him at 23.

Great job on the mock, must have took a lot of time.

I think if the Pats took James Casey, it would be to use him as an H Back type role. Line him up in the backfield in goal line situations. He would offer good contributions on special teams. Good pick. I think it would mean that one of our RBs wouldn't make the roster though.

As far as Sammie Lee Hill goes, besides the size, does he do anything else to prove that he could play NT in the 3-4? He couldn't handle double teams at an awful level of college football and had to be moved outside. How is he going to handle it in the NFL? I'm not saying he can't, I just don't see why everyone is hyping him up as a can't miss NT prospect. I hope I am wrong.

Perfectly reasonable. I've heard rumors that Parcells is very interested in Barwin, and I suggested in my OP that the Pats were worried about this. If you had to choose between Maualuga or Barwin, with neither lasting till 34, who would you choose? I chose Barwin, but I expect the board will be divided, particularly as there are more OLB prospects than ILB prospects. If I were 100% sold on Maualuga as the 3-down solution at SILB then I would have taken him at 23.

Truth is I like them both a lot so it is very hard for me to get into these heated discussions this board has had involving the two players. Both are a need. Either one would make us better and both would make this team a wrecking crew for years to come.

I'm probably on record as saying I don't like USC players all that much but I will admit I like Rey because his motor is higher than Keith Rivers and other USC players of the past and I think he could be a very vocal leader of this team for years to come.

I certainly don't under estimate the physical talent and abilities of Connor Barwin. He has a lot going for him and seems eager to soak it all in. If Belichick thinks this guy is special and is convinced he he can make this kid his next protaje then I'm all over this pick. Either way I won't be disappointed.

As far as Miami and Parcells. I don't think they pull the trigger on Barwin. They still need Oline wr rb issues and are not in a position to gamble or wait for a player to develop. I don't care if they are the division champs. We all know that was due partly to a weak schedule and a large injury bug to the Pats. I just don't think Parcells will do it imo.

7 Round NE draft:

23: Connor Barwin, OLB, Cincinnati. A Vrabel-Ware hybrid?
34: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut. Potential 10 year franchise LT.
47: Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan. Close call with other safety prospects.
58: James Casey, TE, Rice. Incredible versatility and upside.
89: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman. Finally a true 3-4 DT backup for Wilfork.
97: T.J. Lang, OL, Eastern Michigan. Kaczur-like verastility.
124: Mike Wallace, WR, Mississippi. 6', 199#, 4.33. Athletic WR and return man a bit reminiscent of Greg Jennings.
170: Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU. 6'1" 240#. With 10 lbs. of muscle could be a solid SILB. Falls because of his injury. Jasper Brinkley is also an option here if he lasts this long. Nick Reed from Oregon is a sleep possibility here.
199: Devin Moore, RB, Wyoming. 5'9", 190#, 4.35. Possible successor to Kevin Faulk.
207: Kevin Huber, P, Cincinnati. 6'1", 220#. Can fight it out with Chris Hanson. Graham Gano and Thomas Morstead are also options here.
234: Ladarius Webb, CB, Nicholls St. 5'10", 179#, 4.40.

As always -- an A for effort Mayo. For your future mocks, here's a couple of considerations to ponder:

I'm sensing that BB won't wait too long to grab a CB. Webb is a good pick, but he may be rising from round 7. If you're not stuck on Webb, as you know, I've tossed around Mickens and Burnett as possibilities. Once Mickens heals up -- he's a solid cover corner. Burnett timed slow, but does have some ball skills. One other to keep an eye on is vying for my official sleeper title at CB -- Christopher Owens (maybe round 4). Just thought I'd throw some names out to give you more options.

Also, we both like Sammie Lee Hill, and I'm glad you addressed the DL position early. I have a feeling BB will do the same.

Truth is I like them both a lot so it is very hard for me to get into these heated discussions this board has had involving the two players. Both are a need. Either one would make us better and both would make this team a wrecking crew for years to come.

I'm probably on record as saying I don't like USC players all that much but I will admit I like Rey because his motor is higher than Keith Rivers and other USC players of the past and I think he could be a very vocal leader of this team for years to come.

I certainly don't under estimate the physical talent and abilities of Connor Barwin. He has a lot going for him and seems eager to soak it all in. If Belichick thinks this guy is special and is convinced he he can make this kid his next protaje then I'm all over this pick. Either way I won't be disappointed.

As far as Miami and Parcells. I don't think they pull the trigger on Barwin. They still need Oline wr rb issues and are not in a position to gamble or wait for a player to develop. I don't care if they are the division champs. We all know that was due partly to a weak schedule and a large injury bug to the Pats. I just don't think Parcells will do it imo.

That all sounds very level-headed and rational, so it probably doesn't belong on this board. :D

I guess for me, the 4 biggest areas I would like to see addressed on the 1st day are (in no particular order) OLB, SILB, S and OL. I would be thrilled to get top players in those 4 areas, but I kind of doubt that we will be able to hit on all 4, even with our abundance of picks.

For SILB Maualuga is the obvious choice, but I do have concerns about his instincts, intelligence, and ability to play in the Pats complex schemes. If I were convinced, then he would be a lock at 23 (but then, he would probably be gone earlier). Robert Ayers is intriguing, and Larry English and Clint Sintim have SILB potential too, but none is a lock. So do I take one at 23 or go with Barwin, who I think is the best Pats 3-4 OLB candidate in 4 years?

The other issue is that I really like Louis Delmas at S and I think William Beatty has the best feet of any OT prospect in a long time. So who do I go for first? In my mock I pretty much passed on SILB and went OLB, OT and S given the number of alternatives at S and OT generally being a position of higher demand. But I could easily see going for Delmas at 34. I could also see trading our 89 to move up (89 + 47 gets us to around 35, so perhaps we could get 3 of the 4 areas covered with top choices, like Barwin/Beatty/Delmas, or Maualuga/Barwin/Delmas, or some similar combination, depending on what the FO prefers).

Lots of choices. The dilemma of having lots of early picks in a very deep draft. :)

As always -- an A for effort Mayo. For your future mocks, here's a couple of considerations to ponder:

I'm sensing that BB won't wait too long to grab a CB. Webb is a good pick, but he may be rising from round 7. If you're not stuck on Webb, as you know, I've tossed around Mickens and Burnett as possibilities. Once Mickens heals up -- he's a solid cover corner. Burnett timed slow, but does have some ball skills. One other to keep an eye on is vying for my official sleeper title at CB -- Christopher Owens (maybe round 4). Just thought I'd throw some names out to give you more options.

Also, we both like Sammie Lee Hill, and I'm glad you addressed the DL position early. I have a feeling BB will do the same.

Thanks.

I had Mickens and Burnett both going round 3. I like both. I don't know much about Owens.

What about these 2 guys as late round possibilities:

- Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St. Big CB who's had some off field issues and came out too early, but has a lot of talent. Had the highest vertical of the combine.
- Wopamo Osaisai, CB, Stanford. A track athlete with the classic BB build, billed as a possible 1st round pick a year ago, hasn't really developed. Is he worth a late round flyer?

Just thoughts.

I personally see DE being addressed in 2010 unless we can't pass up on the value (such as Gilbert slipping to #58). Otherwise, I'd much rather focus on a 3-4 DT possibility. Besides Chris Baker and Sammie Lee Hill, Dorell Scott from Clemson could possibly be interesting, but I don't know much about him. I had had my eye on Boo Robinson from Wake Forest, but he stayed in school for his senior year.

Interesting draft. My comments:

- Surprised you don't have the Pats trading any of their pics
- I believe Miami traded C Sampson Satele. Alex Mack would be a natural fit in round 1.

Interesting draft. My comments:

- Surprised you don't have the Pats trading any of their pics
- I believe Miami traded C Sampson Satele. Alex Mack would be a natural fit in round 1.

Good points.

In reality, I expect at least a couple of trades - at least one within the draft, and probably one into 2010. The most likely possibilities I see are (1) trading up or down from 23, (2) packaging 89 with one of our other picks to move up, and (3) trading #58 into 2010 if we don't find sufficient value. I deliberately used all of our picks because I wanted to push some ideas out for discussion, such as the possibility of James Casey at #58. But your suggestion is more likely.

You're 100% right about the Phins needing to upgrade at center. Both Mack at 25 or Eric Wood/Max Unger at 44 (or with a small trade up) would probably be strong options for them. Maybe you should take over the reins on the next go around, as I whiffed entirely on that one. :)

Who is the Vikings QB?

Brad Childress is an offensive coach. He's got the RBs. He's got an O-line. He's got TEs. What he doesn't have is good WRs. All one has to do is look to Detroit 2 years ago to see that even a mediocre QB like Kitna can look good when he's passing to Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey.

The Vikings adding a WR to develop behind Bobby Wade and Bernard Berrian would make a lot of sense. Especially if its someone who can compliment Sidney Rice allow Derius Reynaud to develop as the slot receiver.

The vikings top TE got like 40 catches, and 7 touchdowns. The other TEs suck. I think the top TE brandon petigrew might be a good pick for the vikings, versatile TE that can block and catch.

thank god we have a good FO becuase this **** gives me a headache.

That's a great shout too. Maualuga and Mayo at ILB for the next 10 years .. what a prospect that is. He's probably ready to play and addresses a need with Guyton in rotation and Bruschi ending his career. We got a lot better last year when a big ILB like Seau came back

If he does drop to us at #23 then there is a definite case to take him there and hope Barwin lasts to #34 (I think he will) and then as you say pick up one of the safeties and an OG. We can always move up in the second to get who we want with one of the 3rd or 4th picks

Nice job! Very entertaining and interesting. You obviously put a lot of time into it. Hope the Pats get those players.

Here's a quick 2 round variant of the above draft, with a few changes:

Round 1:

1. Detroit: Matt Stafford, QB. Detroit can't pass up the QB. Big mistake.
2. St. Louis: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor. St. Louis goes for the replacement for Orlando Pace to anchor their line.
3. Cleveland: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest. Pioli gets the cornerstone for his defense.
4. Seattle: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC. With the top 2 tackles gone Seattle goes for Hasselbeck's replacement, but Sanchez is their guy for their version of the WCO.
5. Cleveland: Brian Orapko, DE/OLB, Texas. Mangini decides that Orapko is not Vernon Gholston II.
6. Cincinnati: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia. Bengals can't pass one of the top 2 tackles left.
7. Oakland: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech. Al Davis can't resist getting the "next Fred Belitnikoff". A steal at #7.
**Trade: Jacksonville trades #8 to Denver for #12 and #79.
8. Denver: BJ Raji, DT, Boston College. Denver gets the DT to anchor their 3-4 defense.
** Trade: Green Bay trades #9 to the Jets for #17 and #52.
9. Green Bay: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St. With Raji off the board and Al Harris and Charles Woodson aging, Capers goes for a big CB.
10. San Francisco: Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn St. Maybin is rising fast, and with the QB's gone SF goes for a pass rusher at OLB. Andre Smith and Rey Maualuga would also be options.
11. Buffalo: Everett Brown, DE/OLB, Florida St. Buffalo gets the pass rusher they crave. Robert Ayers is also an option.
12. Jacksonville: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi. Del Rio coached Oher at the Senior Bowl. Jags fill their biggest need.
13. Washington: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama. Washington jumps at the chance to get the talented Smith to anchor the right side of their line.
14. New Orleans: Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, Ohio St. Saints get their version of Thunder to go with Reggie Bush's Lightning.
15. Houston: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC. Houston gets a versatile LB who can play inside or out. Knowshon Moreno would also get some consideration.
** Trade: San Diego trades #16 to Minnesota for #22 and #86. With no 2nd, SD trades back a bit believing they can still get one of their guys.
16. Minnesota: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri. Vikes hope he's not another Troy Williamson.
17. NY Jets: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas. NY gets a young QB with a big arm. Rex Ryan is emboldened by Flacco's success in Baltimore.
18. Chicago: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee. Chicago badly needs DE help.
19. Tampa Bay: Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi. With Freeman gone, the Bucs get a pass-rushing DT in the Warren Sapp mode.
20. Detroit: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut. Lions get the best LT left to protect Stafford.
21. Philadelphia: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St. They wanted Beanie Wells, but settle for a versatile TE.
22. San Diego: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU. SD trades back, and still gets the top 3-4 DE to the gap left by Igor Olshansky. Rey Maualuga and Knowshon Moreno are also options.
** Trade: New England trades #23 and 58 to the NY Giants for #29 and 45.
23. NY Giants: Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina. Giants hear that Parcells loves Nicks, and the Giants trade up for the big WR they need to replace Plaxico Burress.
24. Atlanta: Clay Matthews, OLB, USC. With Pettigrew and Jerry gone, Falcons get a LLB to replace Keith Brooking.
25. Miami: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois. With Nicks gone, Miami goes for the most physically talented CB in the draft. Connor Barwin is an option here.
26. Baltimore: Rey Maualuga, ILB. Baltimore gets a physical ILB to replace Bart Scott and learn under Ray Lewis. Hakeem Nicks and Darius Butler will also get serious consideration.
27. Indianapolis: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida. Imagine what Peyton Manning can do with Harvin in addition to his other weapons, at both WR and out of the backfield. Nicks is also an option.
28. Philadelphia: Eben Britton, OT, Arizona. Eventual replacement for William Thomas at left tackle. Philly picks Britton over William Beatty because he is more physical, fitting their style.
29. New England: Connor Barwin, OLB, Cincinnati. With Parcells rumored to be enamored of Barwin, the Pats don't wait until #34 to get their 3-4 OLB. Rey Maualuga and William Beatty are also possibilities.
30. Tennessee: Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland. Tennessee gets a speedy, big WR.
31. Arizona: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia. The Cardinals get their choice to replace the Edge. Moreno slips a bit because of his 40 time, and is a steal here - another Emmit Smith.
32. Pittsburgh: Alex Mack, OG/C, California. Steelers get a powerful, smart anchor for it's biggest area of need.

Round 2:

33. Detroit: James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio St. With QB and OT filled, Detroit goes defense. Laurinaitis will fit in nicely with Julian Peterson and Ernie Sims.
34. New England: Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan. Pats get their version of Troy Polamalu.
35. St. Louis: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut. Wanted Laurinaitis, but settles for the best pure CB in the draft.
36. Cleveland: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest. Mangini gets a ballhawking CB for his backfield.
37. Seattle: Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut. The Hawks get their replacement for Shawn Alexander to go with their new QB. UConn is on a roll.
38. Cincinnati: Max Unger, OG/C, Oregon. Bengals get a versatile interior lineman to block for Beanie Wells and Carson Palmer. Eric Wood from nearby Louisville is also an option.
39. Jacksonville: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers. Jaguars hope this big WR works out better than Matt Jones and Reggie Williams.
40. Oakland: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech. Al Davis gets a physical freak on the DL.
41. Green Bay: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College. Green Bay misses on Raji but gets his teammate to be their 3-4 DT anchor.
** Trade: Buffalo trades #42 to Indianapolis for #61, 92 and 127.
42. Indianapolis: Evander "Ziggy" Hood, DT, Missouri. As in 2007, Indy moves up to cover a need when a player they covet is still available.
43. San Francisco: Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina. SF wanted Brace, but settles for a versatile OT who can bookend Joe Staley.
44. Miami: Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St. Miami gets the big, smooth WR they need.
** Trade: New England trades #45 and a conditional 2010 pick to New Orleans for the Saints 2010 1st round pick
45. New Orleans: William Moore, S, Missouri. With no 2nd or 3rd round pick, the Saints trade up and get their pick of the remaining 3 top safeties.
46. Houston: Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah. Another safety fills a big need.
47. New England: Jarren Gilbert, DE, San Jose St. Pats get line help in case Seymour leaves after 2009.
48. Denver: Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois. Broncos gets a pash rusher with a great motor for their 3-4. Patrick Chung is also an option here.
49. Chicago: DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt. The Bears get an immediate upgrade at DB. Moore slips because of his slow 40 time and size.
50. Cleveland: Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia. Versatile 3-4 LB can play inside or out.
51. Dallas: Patrick Chung, S, Oregon. Replaces Roy Williams at SS. Big hitter, but better coverage ability.
52. NY Jets: Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa. Big bruising runner to go with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.
53. Philadelphia: LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh. "Shady" falls a bit, and will share time with Westbrook.
54. Minnesota: Philip Loadholt, Oklahoma. Massive road grader to help pave the way for the best running team in the NFL. Nice fit opposite Bryant McKenzie.
** Trade: Atlanta trades #55 and #125 to Arizona for #63 and #95. With several talented TE's still available, Atlanta trades back.
55. Arizona: Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Arizona fills their other big need on offense with a smart 4 year starter at center. They don't think he'll last to 63, and they're right.
56. Miami: Pat White, QB, West Virginia. Parcells hears rumors that Belichick loves White, and snatches him up.
57. Baltimore: Coye Francies, CB, San Jose St. The Ravens love big CBs.
58. NY Giants: James Casey, TE, Rice. Giants get a smart, versatile athletic player who can help make up for the loss of Jeremy Shockey.
59. Carolina: Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn. Carolina gets an athletic, penetrating DT.
60. NY Giants: Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio St. LB is the Giant's biggest need left.
61. Buffalo: Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina. Buffalo trades down and still gets a the most athletic TE in the draft.
62. Tennessee: Paul Kruger, DE, Utah. Tennessee loads up on lineman.
63. Atlanta: Shawn Nelson , TE, Southern Mississippi. Atlanta trades back and still gets an athletic TE for Ryan.
64. Pittsburgh: Fili Moala, DE/DT, USC. Big athletic 3-4 DE.

The 3rd round would go mostly as previously listed. For the Pats, getting Barwin, Delmas, Gilbert, a DT and OT in the 3rd round and a WR in the 4th, and an extra 2010 1st rounder would be a great haul.

Sorry, on the previous post I forgot to delete the trade between GB and the Jets (since Stafford is off the board on this version). GB stays at #9 and the Jets at #17 and 52.

Ending up with Barwin, Delmas and Gilbert plus a 2010 1st round might be the nicest 1st day so far. It's not impossible. We miss out on OL on the 1st day, but there's plenty of talent in the 3rd round (we could trade up for Troy Kropog at OT; TJ Lang, Andy Levitre, Trevor Canfield and Keith Urbik are all available at OG as well as Caldwell at C) and it's not an immediate need. And with two 1sts in 2010 we could conceivably get a top OT like Brian Bulaga, Ciron Black, Trent Williams, etc. Other 2010 day 1 options might include SILB (Brandon Spikes, Rolando McClain, Eric Norwood) or WR (Aurelius Benn, Dez Bryant, Brandon LaFell, Marshawn Gilbert).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST