PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3/27 3 round mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on board with Beatty at 34. At first I was kind of worried about him not having enough strength to play the position and thought he may put up a lousy bench press. But 27 is not too shabby which put him in the upper portion of lineman. So not only does he have some of the best feet in the draft,but he also has long arms and some strength to go with it. I would be ok with not getting him if he we were able to score Eric Wood with the first pick in the 3rd. I think he is also Patriot worthy.

He put up 30 reps at his pro day. When you consider that he had the 2nd longest arms among all OTs at the combine (after Andre Smith, who put up 19 reps at his pro day) that's really not very week. Jason Smith did 33 with shorter arms.

I have no doubt that Eric Wood is Patriot worthy. He's a solid 2nd rounder who could go anywhere from 38 (Cincinnati) to 63 (Arizona), but will probably go around in the late 40's/early 50's. I doubt he lasts to 58. I'd jump all over him if he did. In my latest mock scenario above, he was available at 45, but I felt that a 2010 1st round pick was too good to pass up. With OLB, DE and S addressed on the first day and an extra 2010 pick we would be in great position next year to target DE (with a bumper crop of 3-4 prospects coming out), SILB, and WR or RB. Ndamukong Suh, Brandon Spikes and either Marshawn Gilyard or Brandon LaFell is a nice fantasy for 2010. As good as Eric Wood is, I don't think I would pass up on a 2010 1st round pick for him. Koppen is more than adequate.

He put up 30 reps at his pro day. When you consider that he had the 2nd longest arms among all OTs at the combine (after Andre Smith, who put up 19 reps at his pro day) that's really not very week. Jason Smith did 33 with shorter arms.

I have no doubt that Eric Wood is Patriot worthy. He's a solid 2nd rounder who could go anywhere from 38 (Cincinnati) to 63 (Arizona), but will probably go around in the late 40's/early 50's. I doubt he lasts to 58. I'd jump all over him if he did. In my latest mock scenario above, he was available at 45, but I felt that a 2010 1st round pick was too good to pass up. With OLB, DE and S addressed on the first day and an extra 2010 pick we would be in great position next year to target DE (with a bumper crop of 3-4 prospects coming out), SILB, and WR or RB. Ndamukong Suh, Brandon Spikes and either Marshawn Gilyard or Brandon LaFell is a nice fantasy for 2010. As good as Eric Wood is, I don't think I would pass up on a 2010 1st round pick for him. Koppen is more than adequate.

So would you be ok with Barwin23 Delmas 34 and Wood 47?

So would you be ok with Barwin23 Delmas 34 and Wood 47?

I'd be absolutely fine with it, but I prefer Beatty because of the importance of a potential franchise LT.

Barwin drafted ahead of Maualuga? I think BB would see value in Maualuga over Barwin. The only way Barwin is the pick at 23 is if BB likes him as the top rated TE in the class, not as a LB. Barwin is not ready to play D for us.

Aye, but Beatty wont get to #34 - Pittsburgh would take him if no-one else did

I like the trade to NYG but at #29 I would take Beatty over Barwin based on my view of team need, positional value and priority. I would then take an OLB at #34 (Barwin may still be there), trade that #47 into 2010 and then take either Moore/Chung later in the second

Aye, but Beatty wont get to #34 - Pittsburgh would take him if no-one else did

I like the trade to NYG but at #29 I would take Beatty over Barwin based on my view of team need, positional value and priority. I would then take an OLB at #34 (Barwin may still be there), trade that #47 into 2010 and then take either Moore/Chung later in the second

I doubt Moore/Chung will last to 58. Miami at 43, the Giants at 45, Houston at 46, Denver at 48 and Dallas at 51 can all use safety help. Which is why I can see us trading up if we really like one of the safeties.

My personal preference is to go after 3/4 of Barwin, Beatty, Delmas and Gilbert with a trade-up, but that's just me.

Barwin drafted ahead of Maualuga? I think BB would see value in Maualuga over Barwin. The only way Barwin is the pick at 23 is if BB likes him as the top rated TE in the class, not as a LB. Barwin is not ready to play D for us.

I'm with you. I'm pretty confident if Maualuga is there at 23 we are taking him. I wouldnt be suprised to see them take Barwin at 34 and I wouldn't be suprised if they passed on him either and took Delmas or the best available tackle/guard.

I will say if they don't take Barwin and he is available I will feel alot better because BB was the one making the decision. He is a very boom type of player and I can see why a lot of people want him on the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes