PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW:
NE-Defense.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/06/01/2015-depth-charts-update-new-england-patriots/

The fact that they have Spikes ahead of Mayo is puzzling, and obviously isn't just taking current injury status into account seeing as how they have both Siliga and Hightower as present starters.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Spikes is ahead of Mayo any longer....

What I don't understand is why Bill sees the need to add useless trash at TE while subtracting Tim Mister Wright, who only caught Every Damn Ball thrown to hm. I wouldn't even have added Chandler, or kept HooHah, if it meant losing Wright.

The AFU Off-Season continues...

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Spikes is ahead of Mayo any longer....

What I don't understand is why Bill sees the need to add useless trash at TE while subtracting Tim Mister Wright, who only caught Every Damn Ball thrown to hm. I wouldn't even have added Chandler, or kept HooHah, if it meant losing Wright.

The AFU Off-Season continues...

1) How many catches did Wright have over the last half of the season. How many offensive reps did he have? Obviously, the coaches has no faith in his skills.

2) Belichick signed Davis who he judges to have a better chance to beat out Hooman as the blocking TE. You seem to think that Wright is a better blocker than Hooman.

3) The staff has years of tape on Chandler and evaluated him during the OTA's. Also, he was given a significant bonus. Wright's chances of beating out Chandler was exactly zero. Even so, Belichick kept Wright until Chandler was evaluated in the OTA's.

4) Personally, I would have kept Wright until August, in case of an injuries, rather than have three UDFA's on the squad. Belichick doesn't work that way. He tends to gives players a shot to make it elsewhere, especially if he knows the player will go the NFC. So, Belichick did another favor for TB, as he has often done.

TIGHT ENDS
Gronkowski, Chandler, Hooman

Competing for the Practice Squad: Derby, Young, Mundine, Stokes
Has a chance if there is an injury: Davis

BOTTOM LINE
If healthy, this is the best set of tight ends the patriots have had, except for one season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore