PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never too early. After all, BB is already onto 2016.

That's the beauty of being a fan. We get to keep celebrating being champs while they have to get back to work.

I'm not scared. I remember 2011 and that team had worse S, LB and DL. I mean Mark Anderson and "On his last leg" Andre Carter were the the DEs.

True...I am just comparing to last year mostly and the huge change over

Can we have one thread about football? There's twenty about the obvious topic.

Can't wait for the first game... and that by-now familiar feeling of "Wait now if the Old Woman reaches the end of the board, she becomes the Grand Empress, combining the powers of the Queen, the knight, and the serpent? When can we use the Jet Pack?"

Rule tweaks need to freaking stop.

What I meant is has potential to be great but I can't really look at it as anything more than "decent" until there is a proven improvement in the pass rush. Just a poor choice of words.
The pass rush was good last year, and it has been improved by additions.

I agree man, our offense has a lot of wild cards(Dobson,Boyce,Davis,wright,cadet) and to think absolutely none of them will emerge is dumber than the notion that a pats fan roots for Tom Brady to end up with the bills. Not saying that they all are gonna be pro bowlers but to think none of them will make plays is just as stupid

Why is that stupid? What did any of these players show you to think that any of them are 100% garaunteed to produce?
Dobson and Boyce did nothing last year.
Wright disappeared late in the season.
Cadet has yet to show he can pick up the patriots playbook, even produce, or even see the field at all.
Sure, there's a good chance that at least one will come up with a few catches. But to think none of them will make plays is also a possibility. Not a stupid thought at all.

Why is that stupid? What did any of these players show you to think that any of them are 100% garaunteed to produce?
Cadet has yet to show he can pick up the patriots playbook, even produce, or even see the field at all.
Sure, there's a good chance that at least one will come up with a few catches. But to think none of them will make plays is also a possibility. Not a stupid thought at all.

I agree, though that doesn't mean other late pickups won't fill those spots. When it comes to proven veterans, our receiving corps is actually looking quite good. Start with Gronk and Chandler and add a healthy, battle tested Amendola to Edelman and LaFell and there aren't really a lot of snaps left for receivers. My binky is Brandon Gibson. Wild athleticism and very consistent production on the stat sheet.

Of course, I haven't studied him and some have negative opinions, so we'll see.

I never said its 100 percent gaurunteed that they all will produce. I think it's more probable than not one of those will emerge as a solid role player. Dobson, Davis, wright, and cadet have all had seasons where their production is on par with a 4-5th option in the nfl

are we actually worried about the offense?

if you guys want to jump off the ledge how did you get past the secondary?

Aha boom roasted!

When did I say I was worried about the offense?

Because of their talent level, barring any catastrophic injuries to TB12, Gronk and possibly Collins, they should still at a minimum make it to the AFCCG.

image.jpg

I never said its 100 percent gaurunteed that they all will produce. I think it's more probable than not one of those will emerge as a solid role player. Dobson, Davis, wright, and cadet have all had seasons where their production is on par with a 4-5th option in the nfl

BASE OFFENSE
Brady
Blount
Gronkowski, Edelman, LaFell, Amendola

If all are healthy, this is one of the best base offenses in the NFL. And we have a blocking tight end and fullback when that is needed

MORE PASSING OPTIONS
Folks are fussing about the need for players to step up as our #5 target f0r Brady. I suppose that's really important when the 5th option is even on the field. It could be very important if there is an injury.

The only "need" I see in the passing game is the need for someone to step up as the 3rd down running back, able to block and be a receiver.

As far as another receiver being critical, I suppose we might check to see how many catches the 5th option at WR/TE gets in most years. Folks can check, but the number is usually small. As has already been noted, someone will likely step up, if there are enough reps. The list of possibilities is long: Chandler, Dobson, Gibson, Tyms, Boyce, Wright, Davis.

BOTTOM LINE
I think that we need a 3rd down RB in the passing game. Anything else is gravy or injury insurance.

Last edited:
BASE OFFENSE
Brady
Blount
Gronkowski, Edelman, LaFell, Amendola

If all are healthy, this is one of the best base offenses in the NFL. And we have a blocking tight end and fullback when that is needed

MORE PASSING OPTIONS
Folks are fussing about the need for players to step up as our #5 target f0r Brady. I suppose that's really important when the 5th option is even on the field. It could be very important if there is an injury.

The only "need" I see in the passing game is the need for someone to step up as the 3rd down running back, able to block and be a receiver.

As far as another receiver being critical, I suppose we might check to see how many catches the 5th option at WR/TE gets in most years. Folks can check, but the number is usually small. As has already been noted, someone will likely step up, if there are enough reps. The list of possibilities is long: Chandler, Dobson, Gibson, Tyms, Boyce, Wright, Davis.

BOTTOM LINE
I think that we need a 3rd down RB in the passing game. Anything else is gravy or insure insurance.
Basically, everyone who is worrying about our offense should be hit in the head with a tack hammer(hyperbole so no sensitive Sally on this board gets their panties in a bunch and takes my post literally)

The two biggest question marks for the 2105 season is the CB situation and the Brady suspension. The offense is trending to look as good or better than last year. Healthy competition at the RB, Guard and TE positions. Our defensive line and linebackers seem to be solid. We are set at safety. I have absolutely no clue what is going on at CB.

I think the key to this year's defense is the pass rush. Not many QB's can read a defense and pass the ball as quickly as Brady. If the pass rush can get there quickly enough, it will cover up alot of deficiencies in the secondary.

The two biggest question marks for the 2105 season is the CB situation and the Brady suspension. The offense is trending to look as good or better than last year. Healthy competition at the RB, Guard and TE positions. Our defensive line and linebackers seem to be solid. We are set at safety. I have absolutely no clue what is going on at CB.

I think the key to this year's defense is the pass rush. Not many QB's can read a defense and pass the ball as quickly as Brady. If the pass rush can get there quickly enough, it will cover up alot of deficiencies in the secondary.
Absolutely, I'm hoping Easley makes the leap and our new edge guys can keep chandler and nink fresh. Our added depth at linebacker will also help free Hightower and Collin up for some pass rushing opportunities as well. Don't want to keep banging this drum but the two giants teams that beat us in the Super Bowls had mediocre secondaries at best.

...Fleming might be more physically talented than any guard we've had with the exception of Logan Mankins. I want to see him play before I write him off. He played pretty good in the two Indy games when he came in as the 3rd tackle in run formations.

I'm not concerned with Fleming at RG, where I feel that he can succeed. My concern is LG.

and shaq mason is an outstanding run blocker. i would love to see him at LG.

LG is more of a pass-blocking position than is RG, and Mason has had very, very little experience/success
at pass-blocking.

My concerns with the 2015 Pats, besides the obvious Brady suspension:
CB - we currently have the Worst collection of CBs in football;
LG - we currently have only one player - Solder - athletically capable of playing ANY Left-of-Center position;
Vereen replacement - both Cadet & Lil' Jimmy White suck.

I'm not concerned with Fleming at RG, where I feel that he can succeed. My concern is LG.

LG is more of a pass-blocking position than is RG, and Mason has had very, very little experience/success
at pass-blocking.

My concerns with the 2015 Pats, besides the obvious Brady suspension:
CB - we currently have the Worst collection of CBs in football;
LG - we currently have only one player - Solder - athletically capable of playing ANY Left-of-Center position;
Vereen replacement - both Cadet & Lil' Jimmy White suck.

cadet sux?

what's that based on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back