PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

From Rapoport:

Given Brees’ struggles, #Saints are preparing for life after Brees. Expect them to draft a QB high this draft. They wish they did last year

Bryce Petty feels like a good fit.

The only bust I really see is Trent and most likely Milliner, can't evaluate draft classes this early

My original post said over-rated. Not busts. There's a difference. Top 10 picks who don't really cut it with the team that drafts them are over-rated. Like McClain and Barron. Ingram was mediocre for 3 years despite being the top back picked in his draft. Over-rated. OL like Warmack, Smith and Fluker aren't busts. But, they were over-rated because they were Bama guys.

What the hell happened to them in 2009 (3 picks) and 2010 (4 picks)? And a kicker as their first pick in 2005. Jeez!
Tannebaum traded all of our picks. That guy was terrible, he sold out for 09 and 2010 and hurt us in the long run.

I found a Marcus Hardison video. Now it's a highlight video, it's of his time in JUCO and it's poor quality so you might not think it too instructive and for the main part you'd be right. But watch a) his speed at the snap (it's Easley-esque at times) and b) his athleticism once he gets into the backfield. Both of those skills are translatable to the NFL regardless of the level of competition in the video.

But one reason I've posted this video is to answer a question posed by @mayoclinic , namely who does Hardison compare too. Initially I said a more athletic Stephon Tuitt but on watching this vid, I was put in mind of another video I once watched. This one:

So....

Any great pass rushers we can possibly take in the 1st round?

Let me know your guys opinion on this idea.

What do you guys think of taking bud Dupree with our 1st pick assuming he's there, maybe even a slight trade up. He's an athletic freak who doesn't look to be a big liability in run support. And I'm not sure it was him or not but i read in an article that he doesn't even rush the passer as much as he could or should be ause he's asked to other things. We need that player to consistently rush the passer from the outside and that was proven against GB; plus I think he's great.

If not him then I'm all in for going after tj clemmings or any linemen available at the time and possibly picking aj?( not sure if thats his first name Sorry lol) cann in the second round.

What do you guys think of taking bud Dupree with our 1st pick assuming he's there, maybe even a slight trade up. He's an athletic freak who doesn't look to be a big liability in run support. And I'm not sure it was him or not but i read in an article that he doesn't even rush the passer as much as he could or should be ause he's asked to other things. We need that player to consistently rush the passer from the outside and that was proven against GB; plus I think he's great.

If not him then I'm all in for going after tj clemmings or any linemen available at the time and possibly picking aj?( not sure if thats his first name Sorry lol) cann in the second round.

Dupree or Dante Fowler with a small trade up has been on my list for a while. I still haven't decided which of those 2 guys I prefer, or Danielle Hunter. I'm hoping one of those guys slips, and then trade up for an OL in the 2nd.

I was thinking about Bud Dupree when Ninkovich was getting burned by Randall Cobb on that wheel route. If the DE has a responsibility to cover the RB, a DE that can cover like Dupree seems like a good option.

I was thinking about Bud Dupree when Ninkovich was getting burned by Randall Cobb on that wheel route. If the DE has a responsibility to cover the RB, a DE that can cover like Dupree seems like a good option.

Randall Cobb's not a rb though. We got out-schemed on that. When Lacy is off the field. We have to go to a dime package 3-2-6. Or a 3-3-5 with Casillas as one of the lb's. Not a 4 man front IMO. I wouldn't place a priority on being able to cover Randall Cobb on my de's responsibility list. Got no problem taking one or Dupree. Haven't seen a lot of him. I've seen Mizzou a few times now and am coming around on Golden. He's listed at 6'3" 260lb. Doesn't look it. But, if he's that big. He can play Ninko's role in that scheme.

For those with access to the Huddle Report (a pay for view site), Drew Boylhart's first 5 2015 scouting reports are up, with 1st round grades on Melvin Gordon, Amari Cooper, Kevin White, Rashad Greene and Shawn Oakman.

Rashad Greene reminds me of Terry Glenn. Really, smooth running his routes and making pretty difficult catches look easy. Like you. I wouldn't go wr there. But, just comparing him to someone. Seems like one of FSU's more consistent players the last couple of years. Not the chest-thumping, trash-talking type they usually have at wr. Good player.

Randall Cobb's not a rb though. We got out-schemed on that. When Lacy is off the field. We have to go to a dime package 3-2-6. Or a 3-3-5 with Casillas as one of the lb's. Not a 4 man front IMO. I wouldn't place a priority on being able to cover Randall Cobb on my de's responsibility list. Got no problem taking one or Dupree. Haven't seen a lot of him. I've seen Mizzou a few times now and am coming around on Golden. He's listed at 6'3" 260lb. Doesn't look it. But, if he's that big. He can play Ninko's role in that scheme.

I'm aware that Randall Cobb isn't a RB thanks.

Oh crap! DeAndre Smelter has a torn ACL.

I love watching Ga Tech play. It's a refreshing change of pace from the spread, read-option style nearly everyone else plays. Success is determined by their crispness of execution. Play looks like nothing. Bam. 8 yards. Love it. I give them a reasonable shot at upsetting Florida St this week. They should have beaten Georgia by 10 points. A couple of flukey plays kept the Dawgs in the game.

I know this will never happen becaus bill has to trade up into the top 5, but I want Amari Cooper so bad. I think this kid is the real deal...

I wonder if BB is targetting CARL DAVIS, DT IOWA. May be. Seems like a high character guy...has the size...maybe even too tall. What thinkest?

Hardison had an interesting write up. Says he's a warm weather guy. I wonder how he'd acclimate to the NFL. Former QB.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...hardisons-journey-leads-success-asu/18560803/

My issue with Carl Davis is that he's not especially athletic and not much of a pas rusher. I really like Hardison but then he's probably not as stout as ideal but is a good pass rusher.

My issue with Carl Davis is that he's not especially athletic and not much of a pas rusher. I really like Hardison but then he's probably not as stout as ideal but is a good pass rusher.

I really would like the NFL to go with a 53 man active roster on gamedays. I think it would impact the DL position most. Would allow you dress 8-9 and rotate them. Maybe, have a kid who's not an ideal scheme fit for you on your roster. Because, he can get after the qb. One rule change to help defenses wouldn't hurt, would it??

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back