PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

Collins is starting to intrigue me, mainly because he's the only top CB that we haven't been reported as having had contact with. Considering the Pats' love of secrecy and misdirection, I find myself wondering whether there's more to that omission.

If Collins falls past 32 into that Jamie Collins range then I think he's a good trade back candidate.

This intrigue might be fairly short lived. Albert Breer says that sources within four teams say that Jalen Collins had multiple failed drug tests at LSU. Repeat offenders concern me.

The corners appear to be rising in this draft. While I think peters has the best tape in this draft class, I can not believe bb has him on his draft board.

In my mind that leaves Williams of fsu as the next best option for the pats.

Bill might not have PJ Williams on his board either.

The corners appear to be rising in this draft. While I think peters has the best tape in this draft class, I can not believe bb has him on his draft board.

In my mind that leaves Williams of fsu as the next best option for the pats.

Wow. P.J. Williams is now the safest character choice available? :confused:

What a weird year for cornerbacks. You want the guy who has trouble with authority and gets kicked off the team? Or the guy who can't turn in a clean urine sample? Or the guy with habit of causing and fleeing accidents and picking up DUIs in the wee hours of the morning? Or for bonus points, the guy who jumped out a window to avoid a domestic violence charge and claimed he was saving a child from drowning? Take your pick, they're all 6'0"-6'1" with press man skills! :(

Byron Jones and Eric Rowe must be dancing a happy jig right about now.

This intrigue might be fairly short lived. Albert Breer says that sources within four teams say that Jalen Collins had multiple failed drug tests at LSU. Repeat offenders concern me.
I heard Breer say the same. What struck me was the term "multiple". Even the guys at NFLN see him now sliding n they never saw a draft pick they didn't like

@nfldraftscout: Per @BKSportsTalk, Missouri defender Shane Ray cited for marijuana possession this morning outside Columbia, MO. https://t.co/dDYR1aIhKg

Wow! Great sense of timing...NOT! He's gonna drop like a rock.

I think it's fair bet that both Shane Ray and Randy Gregory will be available at #32. Which makes it all the more likely that OLs, CBs etc. will be gone. :mad:

Geeeeeeez Ray....couldn't wait one more week to get caught with the pot...as my old high school coach would call us...what a mo.

Still feel that both of them will be gone by 32, but I don't think that either of them fits our 4-3 dimensions
for DE now anyway.
I think it's fair bet that both Shane Ray and Randy Gregory will be available at #32. Which makes it all the more likely that OLs, CBs etc. will be gone. :mad:

Can someone explain to me why Chris Conley isn't shooting up the boards? He's tall, fast, and produced reasonably (1st rounders have produced less before) with great character. Just going off what I can get from a Google search, I'd be thrilled if they took him in the second round and I had no idea who he was.

Still feel that both of them will be gone by 32, but I don't think that either of them fits our 4-3 dimensions
for DE now anyway.

I don't think they fit either, which is why I want them taken early. :)

IMO the question marks are piling a little high for both players. They're undersized and have drug strikes against them and Ray is struggling to recover from a foot injury and Gregory struggles with anxiety which was intensified by the pressure of college football. That's a lot of risk for 1st-round picks.

I also like Conley, though I wouldn't consider him until our bottom 3rd-/top 4th-round picks.
He reminds me in a way of Ben Watson: great kid, smart, very athletic but inconsistent hands.
If it isn't Conley, then it should be somebody with one of those picks. The WR class is wicked deep,
and there will still be some good ones available there who would help us.
Can someone explain to me why Chris Conley isn't shooting up the boards? He's tall, fast, and produced reasonably (1st rounders have produced less before) with great character. Just going off what I can get from a Google search, I'd be thrilled if they took him in the second round and I had no idea who he was.

Didn't conley play cb in high school? Interesting cb conversion candidate.

Didn't conley play cb in high school? Interesting cb conversion candidate.

Thats why I really like him as a prospect. If he doesnt work at WR, he could be converted.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back