PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

Winston also throws four picks against inferior competition. He's a terrible decision maker, and if he doesn't clean that aspect of his game up, he'll be out of the league quickly. He's more polished than Mariota, but if Mariota sits out for the first eight games of his rookie season he will be better than Winston in the long run.
Florida defense is inferior competition? Would be the best in Pac 12. Winston is a year younger than Mariotta. He's the one who will get more polished because he doesn't mind being in the pocket. QB's like Mariotta who like to run never get comfortable in the pocket

Last edited:
Amari Cooper is just unreal

I wish we could somehow draft him

Been reading that a number of NFL execs would have him fourth behind Watkins, Evans and OBJ last year. Says a lot about last years class.

Florida defense is inferior competition? Would be the best in Pac 12. Winston is a year younger than Mariotta. He's the one who will get more polished because he doesn't mind being in the pocket. QB's like Mariotta who like to run never get comfortable in the pocket
Florida's defense has been poor for the last two years. I'm actually a Gators fan, and I can confidently say that Muschamp has ruined our program. The Gators are unranked for a reason and whether the Gators are a top defense is irrelevant, because Winston made terrible reads.Winston has done this against Louisville , NC State, and multiple teams. He turns the ball over to way too often, and if there's one thing NFL coaches can't fix it's decision making . If Mariota sits out for eight games, he will be a better QB than Winston, mark my words.

Last edited:
Florida's defense has been poor for the last two years. I'm actually a Gators fan, and I can confidently say that Muschamp has ruined our program. The Gators are unranked for a reason and whether the Gators are a tip defense is irrelevant, because Winston made terrible .reads,Winston has done this against Louisville , NC State, and multiple teams. He turns the ball over to way too often, and if there's one thing NFL coaches can't fix it's that. If Mariota sits out for eight games, he will be a better QB than Winston, mark my words.

Reading defenses can be easily fixable. Dedication to the film room and learning can get a qb the understanding of a defense.

Winston also throws four picks against inferior competition. He's a terrible decision maker, and if he doesn't clean that aspect of his game up, he'll be out of the league quickly. He's more polished than Mariota, but if Mariota sits out for the first eight games of his rookie season he will be better than Winston in the long run.
Just my opinion, I would start both immediately in this league if I was the HC of QB needy team

Wright's targets/touchdowns ratio is positively Vrabelesque. :)

His hands are clearly solid...perhaps he's just not getting open as easily in plays outside the 10? Maybe some work to be done in route-running?
Most of his snaps come inside the red zone or maybe it just appears that way

Been reading that a number of NFL execs would have him fourth behind Watkins, Evans and OBJ last year. Says a lot about last years class.
I think he'll be better than them all

I think he'll be better than them all

I'm afraid I disagree. I think Cooper is very good and as smooth as hell but I think he lacks the explosion that OBJ and Watkins have and lacks the dominant size of Evans. He'll still be a fine receiver in the NFL but I think OBJ and Evans in particular can be great.

I'm afraid I disagree. I think Cooper is very good and as smooth as hell but I think he lacks the explosion that OBJ and Watkins have and lacks the dominant size of Evans. He'll still be a fine receiver in the NFL but I think OBJ and Evans in particular can be great.
I think Watkins, OBJ, and Evans are stars and already stars in this league but Cooper can be an Elite Star, not that Watkins, OBJ, and Evans won't be (I think they all can be), but Cooper is coming into this league as the best WR prospect I've seen in quite some time

The Bama players are over-rated individually, because there is so much talent around them. Cooper's not a better prospect than Watkins. He has the best power-running game in the country on his side, making it a nightmare for defensive co-ordinators to give their cb help. Very good player, not as good as Watkins IMO.

The Jets will draft him, and then trade up for Mariota after he slips!

One can dream right?
it doesn't matter who the jest pick, who ever it is will most likely crash and burn like so many others have. the jest are like a black hole where great college players go to disappear.

it doesn't matter who the jest pick, who ever it is will most likely crash and burn like so many others have. the jest are like a black hole where great college players go to disappear.

Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson are pretty darn good. Beyond those two and Demario Davie and Kenrick Ellis who are OK, things get a little sketchy though.

Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson are pretty darn good. Beyond those two and Demario Davie and Kenrick Ellis who are OK, things get a little sketchy though.
i was going to start a list of all the players taken early by the jest....but no i'm not getting involved with that. :)

i was going to start a list of all the players taken early by the jest....but no i'm not getting involved with that. :)

What the hell happened to them in 2009 (3 picks) and 2010 (4 picks)? And a kicker as their first pick in 2005. Jeez!

The Bama players are over-rated individually, because there is so much talent around them. Cooper's not a better prospect than Watkins. He has the best power-running game in the country on his side, making it a nightmare for defensive co-ordinators to give their cb help. Very good player, not as good as Watkins IMO.
Overrated like Julio Jones, Marcell Dareus, Hightower, Upshaw, Lacy, Mosely, or Dix? You're generalizing, Watkins played with Ellington, Bryant, Hopkins, and Dwayne Allen in his college career, yet he's obviously producing in the NFL, can't always generalize

Overshadowed by guys like Wilson, Coples, Hill, Ducasse, Sanchez, Geno, Milliner, Pryor, love seeing NYJ suck

Overrated like Julio Jones, Marcell Dareus, Hightower, Upshaw, Lacy, Mosely, or Dix? You're generalizing, Watkins played with Ellington, Bryant, Hopkins, and Dwayne Allen in his college career, yet he's obviously producing in the NFL, can't always generalize

Interesting you didn't mention guys like; Milliner, Warmack, Fluker, Trent Richardson, Mark Barron, James Carpenter, Andre Smith, Kareem Jackson. Ingram finally has a decent year in his 4th year. Rolando McClain resurfaces after a diasasterous first 5 years. Too early to call Dix a good player yet. Took Dareus a while to get it too. How good is Upshaw? Julio Jones was a Top 5 pick and everyone knew he was going to be good. Hightower is prob the best defensive player they produced. I'll stand by what I said.

Interesting you didn't mention guys like; Milliner, Warmack, Fluker, Trent Richardson, Mark Barron, James Carpenter, Andre Smith, Kareem Jackson. Ingram finally has a decent year in his 4th year. Rolando McClain resurfaces after a diasasterous first 5 years. Too early to call Dix a good player yet. Took Dareus a while to get it too. How good is Upshaw? Julio Jones was a Top 5 pick and everyone knew he was going to be good. Hightower is prob the best defensive player they produced. I'll stand by what I said.
The only bust I really see is Trent and most likely Milliner, can't evaluate draft classes this early

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back