PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Off-Season Additions for the Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not sign an Andrew Quarless, Dennis Pitta, Scott Chandler, Marcedes Lewis?? None of them will break the bank. Lewis is an ASJ clone.
How do you know what the market value will be for tight ends in unrestricted free agency for the 2014 League Year?

As an example, tight end Dustin Keller signed an one year contract for the 2013 NFL Season with a salary cap hit of $4.25 million.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Dustin Keller&Position=TE&Team=Dolphins

You also expect Aqib Talib to re-sign for chump change? Ditto Edelman.

Outside of Eric Ebron, I just don't see a rookie tight end coming to New England's system and making an early impact.
To each his own.

Curious why you think TE is a lesser need considering it was the single biggest factor behind our under performing offense last year. To my mind TE is the biggest need on this team by a comfortable margin.

1.) I don't agree with your premise regarding the biggest factor

2.) I see more high/mid level TE depth than I see high level DT depth

Neither does your opinion when comes to evaluation of draft prospects.

Then you shouldn't have bothered responding to me, and there's certainly no need for you to respond to this post. My record with draft picks is certainly not worse than yours, and you using only one site for reference is an example of a reason why that's the case.

How do you know what the market value will be for tight ends in unrestricted free agency for the 2014 League Year?

As an example, tight end Dustin Keller signed an one year contract for the 2013 NFL Season with a salary cap hit of $4.25 million.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Dustin Keller&Position=TE&Team=Dolphins

You also expect Aqib Talib to re-sign for chump change? Ditto Edelman.

To each his own.

True...but that was the Dolphins who paid him that.

I didn't say I expected Edelman and Talib to sign for chump change.

But I do feel the veteran market for tight ends are strong, and it's a good chance we get a veteran without over-paying, and veterans tend to re-acquaint easier than rookies (Ochocinco being the exception).

Eric Ebron is so physically good that even if he doesn't know where to be he'll simply outplay the coverage at least half the time...I just don't see that with anyone else, so I feel we should go O or D line early.

Then you shouldn't have bothered responding to me, and there's certainly no need for you to respond to this post. My record with draft picks is certainly not worse than yours, and you using only one site for reference is an example of a reason why that's the case.

Buh bye.
Frankly, I don't give a damn about YOUR OPINION whether the New England Patriots draft a tight end in the first round.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england.../10/1093404-our-4-5-wide-receivers-page2.html

Post #11

You initially responded to my post Today, 01:48 AM

You can take your pompous attitude elsewhere.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about YOUR OPINION whether the New England Patriots draft a tight end in the first round.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england.../10/1093404-our-4-5-wide-receivers-page2.html

Post #11

You initially responded to my post Today, 01:48 AM

You can take your pompous attitude elsewhere.

This line started because you called someone the voice of reason about drafting particular TEs. I simply noted that they're not expected to be around. You jumped from there. Again, there was no need for you to respond to my last post, particularly when discussing draft slotting prior to the combine. And, since you can't seem to grasp the obvious, I'll just put you on ignore so that it's not an issue. There's no reason for me to deal with the level of ridiculousness you're bringing to the table about this in the offseason.

They have him on contract for another season.

I know but with the playing time he get, Broncos could easily trade him for a late draft pick..

FA Chandler and Pitta are good but both likely 5m players. Pitta may be worth it.

True...but that was the Dolphins who paid him that.
Tight end Anthony Fasano received a 4 year, $16 million contract from the Kansas City Chiefs.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Anthony Fasano&Position=TE&Team=Chiefs

I didn't say I expected Edelman and Talib to sign for chump change.

But I do feel the veteran market for tight ends are strong, and it's a good chance we get a veteran without over-paying, and veterans tend to re-acquaint easier than rookies (Ochocinco being the exception).

Eric Ebron is so physically good that even if he doesn't know where to be he'll simply outplay the coverage at least half the time...I just don't see that with anyone else, so I feel we should go O or D line early.
There are only so many salary cap dollars to go around. I would prefer the New England Patriots re-sign their own unrestricted free agents than dwell with the unknown and flush more salary cap dollars down the drain.

I know but with the playing time he get, Broncos could easily trade him for a late draft pick..

FA Chandler and Pitta are good but both likely 5m players. Pitta may be worth it.

By keeping him they have better depth and deny him to us, that could make the difference between us winning and them winning, if they let him go they'll demand a bunch.

By keeping him they have better depth and deny him to us, that could make the difference between us winning and them winning, if they let him go they'll demand a bunch.

Yeah that's a good point. But not sure they will keep him at 3m$ with current playing time, money they could use to re-sign Decker.

Yeah that's a good point. But not sure they will keep him at 3m$ with current playing time, money they could use to re-sign Decker.

I didnt know he was making that kind of money, yeah, freeing that up for Decker makes sense but if they're smart they'll ship him to a weak team.

Decker probably isn't leaving Denver

Chandler's much closer to a veteran minimum player than a $5m one. He's like a rich man's Matthew Mulligan, not a poor man's Rob Gronkowski.

I think someone will pay for Pitta. I suspect it will be the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST