PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I do not want to be a downer with this thread but I have to ask the question. Am I wrong to think that the 2014 draft class was the worst of Belichick’s tenure?

Dominique Easley - cut
Jimmy Garoppolo - backup QB
Bryan Stork – starting OC
James White - backup 3DBRB
Cameron Fleming - cut/practice squad/active roster
Jon Halapio - cut
Zach Moore - cut
Jamea Thomas - cut
Jermey Gallon - cut

I hope we never see Garopollo start a game in a Patriots uniform because that would mean Brady was suspended or hurt. That means Stork is the best player drafted, and he has only started 17 regular season games in 2 seasons with the team. White was decent in Lewis absence last season but he is cannot run the ball, he is only good as a receiver.

The good news is we pulled Butler as an UDFA.

In my opinion it is the worst class we have had by a good amount.

Garappolo has a lot of upside. May never play a full game here though (i hope so).
Stork is the best pick by far. White is decent.
But in general, this was a weak class, arguably the worst of BB, but we will only see what garappolo can make when he actually plays.

I do not want to be a downer with this thread but I have to ask the question. Am I wrong to think that the 2014 draft class was the worst of Belichick’s tenure?

Dominique Easley - cut
Jimmy Garoppolo - backup QB
Bryan Stork – starting OC
James White - backup 3DBRB
Cameron Fleming - cut/practice squad/active roster
Jon Halapio - cut
Zach Moore - cut
Jamea Thomas - cut
Jermey Gallon - cut

I hope we never see Garopollo start a game in a Patriots uniform because that would mean Brady was suspended or hurt. That means Stork is the best player drafted, and he has only started 17 regular season games in 2 seasons with the team. White was decent in Lewis absence last season but he is cannot run the ball, he is only good as a receiver.

The good news is we pulled Butler as an UDFA.

In my opinion it is the worst class we have had by a good amount.
Not commenting on your overall point, but I wouldn't put Garopollo in the negative column.

They drafted Gostkowski in 2006 he is the best kicker in the game.

When your best pick in the entire draft is a kicker you took in the 4th round, you know you're in trouble. LOL.

Yes, 2014 was a poor draft class. Stork and Garoppolo look like the best picks from there. Stork was a 4th rounder and JG was taken in the 2nd as our backup QB.

They drafted Gostkowski in 2006 he is the best kicker in the game.
xpmiss.0.gif

You should consider mentioning that we got Butler Undrafted that year. Makes up for it just a little bit no?

You should consider mentioning that we got Butler Undrafted that year. Makes up for it just a little bit no?

I agree. Butler should be included as part of the '14 draft class. Not as an aside. But it hurts his argument so he won't do it.

I agree. Butler should be included as part of the '14 draft class. Not as an aside. But it hurts his argument so he won't do it.
I didn't even see that mentioned, I see where he mentioned it now and it seemed to be mentioned like a footnote. I would definitely not call getting Butler a footnote.

First of all I did mention Butler as a positive. Second Butler was UNDRAFTED so why the F would I include him in a draft class? Do you know what UNDRAFTED means? Not part of the draft.

JMC ran right to the phone booth to put on your super fan uniforms... Dundun he defies all logic, he ignores all facts... He is SUPER FAN..

Last edited:
I didn't even see that mentioned, I see where he mentioned it now and it seemed to be mentioned like a footnote. I would definitely not call getting Butler a footnote.
Yes I should mention someone UNDRAFTED as part of a assessment of players selected in the draft. That makes a "wicked" lot of sense Joey..

Yes I should mention someone UNDRAFTED as part of a assessment of players selected in the draft. That makes a "wicked" lot of sense Joey..
But you don't consider Undrafted guys as part of the rookie class?

But you don't consider Undrafted guys as part of the rookie class?
Not when I'm assessing the draft picks because Butler has zero impact on the result of those 9 selections.

Not when I'm assessing the draft picks because Butler has zero impact on the result of those 9 selections.
But what's the point of just assessing only the draft picks? Just to prove a point with what we obtained in the draft? Does it really matter in the big scheme of things when we obtained Butler undrafted in that class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back