PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Clements is getting cut

Barry Coefield to the Redskins

49ers cut a corner who had 82 total tackles, a sack and three INT's last season, after signing the biggest CB contract in history in 2007..they did this because the Rats are getting Asomugha..makes perfect sense

Last edited:
Nate Clements is getting cut

49ers cut a corner who had 82 total tackles, a sack and three INT's last season, after signing the biggest CB contract in history in 2007..they did this because the Rats are getting Asomugha..makes perfect sense

The team and the agent are now claiming that it's not true and he hasn't been cut.

then the Jets are CERTAINLY getting Asomugha now?

sounds sketchy

The seahawks have agreed to a 5 year deal with wr sidney rice. Still not signed but 2 sides have agreed to terms

Twitter

I'm very interested in Rice's deal. Did he get the $10M premium for WRs, or did his one-year production scare teams off?

Great move for the Chiefs

Jim Trotter
SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter
i'm told cardinals wr steve breaston is headed to kansas city. has agreed to a 5-year deal that includes $9 million guaranteed.

SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter
correction: breaston has $9.5 million in guarantees
2 minutes ago

Twitter

Last edited:
I'm very interested in Rice's deal. Did he get the $10M premium for WRs, or did his one-year production scare teams off?

Here are WR Sidney Rice's numbers with Seattle: fivr years up to $44 million including $18.5 million guaranteed.

Twitter

Sidney Rice - He would be our deep threat. He would also help get Welker open for receptions.

Then we should sign some pass rushers! Please BB!!

Remember the greatness that was going to be DRC?

Az will surrender DRC, a No. 2 pick & a new contract for kolb that likely includes AT LEAST $30 million guaranteed. i'd rather have orton.

Twitter

If the Jets end up getting ask, it makes sense that we not waste our money on WR. Even if we were to get a guy like Sidney Rice he would be shut down by either Revis or Aso. Obviously this wouldn't be the case for the other 14 games, but I figure we'll see the Jets in the playoffs which is all that matters. With TB I would rather have a very good depth so we can prey on their dime backs and safeties/lb's.

More importantly, I think the key to beating the Jets anyway is to shut down their offense and force Sanchize into mistakes. In this way, putting our money towards defensive players is more important than putting money towards offensive players if the end goal is to beat the Jets.

Last edited:
Remember the greatness that was going to be DRC?

Twitter

Miami was the smart one here for going after Orton instead of Kolb. Holy **** Kolb is such an unproven QB, has thrown more picks than TD's, lost more games than he's won, and they are giving him 30m just like that on top of the pick + DRC?

edit: holy typos batman

Last edited:
Report after day 2: ZzzzzZZzzzzZzzZzz

Just like the draft, wait til the field clears then sign the FA scrubs.

Great move for the Chiefs

Twitter
Breaston to the Chiefs is a great move to compliment Bowe. They're building some sort of offense around Cassel and Charles.

QB - Matt Cassel
RB - Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones
WR - Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Chris Chambers, Dexter McCluster
TE - Tony Moeaki, Leonard Pope

That's a very good starting point for the skill positions on offense.

Report after day 2: ZzzzzZZzzzzZzzZzz

Just like the draft, wait til the field clears then sign the FA scrubs.

There are 31 other teams in the league you can root for, should you please.

If the Jets end up getting ask, it makes sense that we not waste our money on WR. Even if we were to get a guy like Sidney Rice he would be shut down by either Revis or Aso. Obviously this wouldn't be the case for the other 14 games, but I figure we'll see the Jets in the playoffs which is all that matters. With TB I would rather have a very good depth so we can prey on their dime backs and safeties/lb's.

More importantly, I think the key to beating the Jets anyway is to shut down their offense and force Sanchize into mistakes. In this way, putting our money towards defensive players is more important than putting money towards offensive players if the end goal is to beat the Jets.

I don't think it's wise to build your team based on another team.

Like being one n done in the playoffs?

LOL I thought the same thing.. then I read your post

it really pays off in January when the raven and jets make brady look like cutler

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes