PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy (update: Andre Gurode)' Thread

Been reading the Dallas site, bloggingtheboys.com , and I think most Dallas fans wish him luck but they agree that he should have been cut last year. Looks like he has been losing his skills.

At least he has skills to lose.

Re: 2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy (update: Andre Gurode)' Thread

Wendell has been hurt. Ohrnberger has been a disaster. Has anyone ever seen Rich O. make a play?

Gurode brings flexibility. Connelly is a supersub but not the next John Hannah. He earned his shot this year from his success in 2010, Can he be upgraded?....yes. Kopen is mediocre. Let's not for one minute consider him the better of Gurode and only slightly younger.

I think Gurode was a CAP cut more than talent diminish. He also had a late knee procedure that left him behind. Am I a fan?....eh! but much better than Wendell and Rich O. (who's Draft at even a 4th rounder is still a head scratcher!). Again flexibility to play Guard and Center is a plus for Gurode. Who is the Pats back up Center?.....Ohrnberger...yech! Ohrnberger almost got Brady killed.

But for my money, Brian Waters is the right guy for now. All Pro twice and Pro Bowl five times. Solid community guy. Pioli will give BB the skinny if he has not already. I understand a good locker room guy as well. He can hold the fort for a year or so until Cannon is ready. He has some miles but is in relatively good physical health and has that 'sperience BB likes. Waters would not reconstruct so he and the Chiefs mutually parted.

Austin might be a consideration over Wendell and Rich O.. Seems to be having a good camp and is mean.

DW Toys

Very informative post. I agree that Ohrnberger was a blunder of the highest order. At this point, Gurode on NO legs would be better than anything the pats have. I wonder if he would be allowed to play in a wheelchair, it would at least be some impediment to the opposition.

Re: Andre gurode

HUH???? Gurode doesn't suck. Clearly you've not actually watched him play. He was the only GOOD O-lineman that the Cowboys had last year.

Gurode would be a good guy to bring in for the RG position and he could easily be a back-up at center.
You're right, that was a knee jerk reaction from me. I actually did some research now, and I'll take that comment back.

If he can play G, then work him out and see what he's got.

Re: Andre gurode

Ohrnbust has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes