PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Free Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.
With likelyhood that Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris gone - and our beloved Kevin Faulk at age 35, you can be sure that NEP will be shopping for a new FA RB. As Bill doesnt like going into a draft HAVING to draft a certain position to fill a hole. Still I would like one good Vet (under 30) RB who is good at blitz pickup (gotta keep TB upright) and also a 2nd / 3rd round RB via the draft.

Did the redskins extend Santana Moss?:D

With likelyhood that Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris gone - and our beloved Kevin Faulk at age 35, you can be sure that NEP will be shopping for a new FA RB. As Bill doesnt like going into a draft HAVING to draft a certain position to fill a hole. Still I would like one good Vet (under 30) RB who is good at blitz pickup (gotta keep TB upright) and also a 2nd / 3rd round RB via the draft.

why does everyone think sammy morris is gone? he plays on all our special teams and is our fullback. He has laid key blocks in both the running game and ST for big gains and touchdowns and if injuries hit he can run the ball... sounds like a BB player to me. Only guy i can see going is Taylor... only because he has been Oft injured and is getting reps behind Faulk and Woodhead ATM

Logan Mankins LG (Hopefully Resign to 5-6 yr deal) Yep i agree (what ever the long term deal is that they are discussing do it.

Matt Light OT (Should try to resign to 2-3 yr deal) Yep agree i think we need him he creates stability

Fred Taylor RB (He'll be 35yrs old next year. Let him go) Fair enough although keeping him i can see as well

Kevin Faulk RB (35yrs old next year. Coming off injury sadly time to let him go) I think we'll keep kevin if he doesn't retire. Just my hunch but it won't be for alot of $$

Jarrod Page S (Traded a draft pick for him. Sign to 2-3 yr deal) agree

Sammy Morris RB (34yrs old next year. Invisible except on ST this year. Let him go) Invisible? he is on all St units and is our starting FB has made alot of good blocks i'd say keep him unless he wants to much $$$

Gerard Warren DL (33yrs old next year. Sign him to 1 year deal and bring him to camp) Agree But my gut is he is gone next year just because of the numbers game. you have Deadrick, G warren, Brace, Prior, Wright and Richardson fighting for limited spots and this isn't including draft picks

Quinn Ojinnaka OG/T (Sign him to 1 year deal and bring to camp.) Not to fussed with Kakzur back next year and maybe a draftee

BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB (Resign to 3-4 year deal) Starting RB should be rewarded for his solid year

Tracy White LB/ST (Resign to 1-2yr deal ST beast) yep ST contract

Ryan Wendall OL (Resign to 1 yr bring to camp) yep

Kyle Arrington CB/ST (Resign to 1 yr bring to camp) Definitely resign... he has done a good job as our starting corner... next year he will be our number 3/4 and is a great special teamer

Danny Woodhead RB (Resign to 3-4 year modest deal. The new Faulk) We have already signed him to a deal

Anyone know if last years rules apply to this years free agency? I forget exactly how it worked but the deeper you get in the playoffs the less chance you had signing free agents. I'm hoping for a deep run even though it may hurt our chances of signing anyone from another team.

Woodley and Avril would be nice. But the prize that I would be willing to give up franchise consolation is Haloti Ngata. I'd give our 1st this year and next year to make him a Patriot.

I hate Ngata. As soon as he gets paid, he's going back to half-sloth mode. He'll be a stud on a third of the plays, be JAG on a third, and be on the sideline for the other third. Until this season, that's how he operated. This year, in his contract year, he decided that he better try hard more often so he gets paid more, but he hasn't even been able to keep that up this far into the season.

why does everyone think sammy morris is gone? he plays on all our special teams and is our fullback.

I've said that I expect the Patriots to look for a Sammy Morris type in FA -- a versatile mid-career back who can block a little, catch a little, carry a little. Sammy Morris is an obvious candidate for a Sammy Morris type. :) The catch is that he'll be 34 years old.

I hate Ngata. As soon as he gets paid, he's going back to half-sloth mode. He'll be a stud on a third of the plays, be JAG on a third, and be on the sideline for the other third. Until this season, that's how he operated. This year, in his contract year, he decided that he better try hard more often so he gets paid more, but he hasn't even been able to keep that up this far into the season.

Wow! I must be watching a different player named Ngata. Because the guy I see is a beast.

Anyone know if last years rules apply to this years free agency? I forget exactly how it worked but the deeper you get in the playoffs the less chance you had signing free agents. I'm hoping for a deep run even though it may hurt our chances of signing anyone from another team.

Unless they get a new CBA there are no rules after early March. The Final 8 rule was unique to this year since there was no Salary cap it's doubtful that they would keep it going forward since there is already parity in the NFL.

Unless they get a new CBA there are no rules after early March. The Final 8 rule was unique to this year since there was no Salary cap it's doubtful that they would keep it going forward since there is already parity in the NFL.

Not being a wiseass but is that a guess? I haven't been able to find anything on the net. Can you tell me where you read/heard this?

Just my guess but I would think the same rules apply and being that a new CBA might not be implmented til July/August the Pats may not be eligible to get any free agents that were not Patriots this year. Assuming a deep playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back