PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 NFL MVP Debate (merged several times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right Vick-chez...it ain't about the dog in the fight, it's about the fight in the dog...and I shudder to imagine how many poor courageous dogs fought like hell as YOU had them MURDERED you piece of excrement...sorry...enough worship of this cretin by the sports "press" and the rest of the gaggling hero worshippers.

Last edited:
Re: Should be sealed: Tom Brady as MVP

..199th you say? Vikings might just be on to something.

CRAP, I'M ALREADY HEARING VICK SUPPORTERS BLAMING HIS BAD PLAY On the game being pushed back to Tuesday.

CRAP, I'M ALREADY HEARING VICK SUPPORTERS BLAMING HIS BAD PLAY On the game being pushed back to Tuesday.

You seem so surprised by this. Apologists gotta reach for excuses...

This discussion is over after Vicks performance today. He still runs with the ball out. Now every team is going to strip him, like we used to.

Grats TB, time to celebrate
YouTube - Los Straitjackets: Tempest

both ben and vick get a lot of credit because their olines are bad but these guys make them look bad too by starting to scramble

I could swear my dog is smiling right now. :rolleyes:

Vick is a turd..... He shouldn't have even been in the discussion for MVP. Glad tonight's crap-showing proves it.

Very cool stuff too:

Nice... that's some select company right there. Brady and Montana. :D

Last edited:

I guess I'm just not that good at separating person from player. Aside from this obvious aspect of the Vick debate, I've found that his popularity remains high with the video game generation because he's flashy and showy and (lately) a good fantasy football pick. NOT MVP material, especially having missed roughly a quarter of the season and certainly not after tonight's debacle.

I don't disagree with you at all, I just find the non-football arguments about Vick's supposed martyrdom to be nauseating. They never posited a shred of logic, and the joke of drawing any comparison on field is now over with. Everybody just sit back, relax, and enjoy the next 17 days or so. That Pats worked hard for their breathing room. :cool:

Thinking back on that Philly reporter that cast the vote already. Yes, it was stupid, but does anyone wonder if someone in the Boston media would dare show that much homerism for the Pats? I don't.

Hope King didn't send his ballot in this AM...

If you're talking about Peter King, he's had Brady as #1 for a while now.

MVP discussion is over now.

Brady (13-2)
35 total TDs
5 total turnovers
3,731 total yards (66.0%)
109.8 Rating

Vick (8-2)
30 total TDs
9 total turnovers
3,696 total yards (62.6%)
100.2 QB Rating

Thinking back on that Philly reporter that cast the vote already. Yes, it was stupid, but does anyone wonder if someone in the Boston media would dare show that much homerism for the Pats? I don't.

Anyone from anywhere sending a ballot in before all of the meaningful games have been played is an idiot. If people did it now I could understand since the Pats and Eagles have nothing to gain through playing starters this weekend. Yes, Belichick will have them out there, but nothing they do this week will have any impact on this regular season. The Eagles are essentially going to take their bye week now since they got three games in 12 days.

A jets fan at work said to me today that if we sit Brady he shouldn't get MVP if he can't play all the games and that's why Vick should get it. I mentioned Vick wasn't playing at the start of the year and got that makes his achievement better as he was a back up at this point I gave up arguing an said at least the jets will be SB champs soon and walked away laughing to myself.

A jets fan at work said to me today that if we sit Brady he shouldn't get MVP if he can't play all the games and that's why Vick should get it. I mentioned Vick wasn't playing at the start of the year and got that makes his achievement better as he was a back up at this point I gave up arguing an said at least the jets will be SB champs soon and walked away laughing to myself.

He obviously hasn't been paying attention to how little the final week tends to mean to MVP voting, particularly in cases where there is no incentive for a #1 seed to have a star player taking every snap. Manning would play very little in situations where Indy had a bye wrapped up, or in the case a few years ago where they knew losing to the Broncos in the last week of the season meant kicking the Broncos in the ass in the wild card round.

Even with the NFL's attempt to get people fired up about week 17 with division games, the ones that could even matter depend on extreme long shots (if the Falcons actually come even close to losing to the Panthers with what is on the line, they are screwed in the playoffs). The Bears got what they want, which means any NFC team needing the Packers to lose is screwed. It is inevitable and one of the many reasons I find an 18 game season to be laughable (what the hell happens when a 14-1 team that has home field wrapped up doesn't want to risk injuries in games that can't benefit them?)

There is some remote upset potential in the NFC, but the AFC playoff picture is pretty well set and the MVP candidates have taken their last meaningful snaps of the regular season. Brady won. Anybody expecting otherwise with how he has been playing is crazy.

If Vick even shares this award with Brady, its a travesty ... after that performence last night he does not even deserve 2 votes.. you cant lift your team to a victory over a non play off team, with a bye on the line... Vick is not the mvp even on the eagles, its Deshaun Jackson.. Tom Brady is and deserves the 2010 mvp all by himself...

That's right Vick-chez...it ain't about the dog in the fight, it's about the fight in the dog...and I shudder to imagine how many poor courageous dogs fought like hell as YOU had them MURDERED you piece of excrement...sorry...enough worship of this cretin by the sports "press" and the rest of the gaggling hero worshippers.

We are one and the same on this Vick should never get any awards, and should just be happy to be playing. We dealt with Vick for years and are still of the mind he is putting on an act until he gets a contract. Its our opinion, and we don't buy it.

What he did, takes a super human disrespect for life. Im not sure how you reach that point in your life were the suffering becomes "matter of fact", Im sure most of us could not even approach the cruelty it takes, it mind numbing. To think prison reformed him or that he ok now, is naive. Anyone that does this has mental damage.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

There are better people and candidates, that have not gone to Vicks extremes.
Brees really deserved a decent shot at the MVP in 2008,2009, didn't get it. Hes just not doing it this year and dosnt deserve it. Our vote is with TB. It would be a crime again if he didn't get it, and person like Vick was even considered. And thats not Pats homerish to us the list is

1. T.Brady
2. M. Cassel
3. T. Polamalu
4. Rivers
5. J. Mayo
6. A. Samuel
7. D. Brees ( only reason hes on this list, is he played with a mcl injury)
8. C. Johnson
9. C. Mathews
10. shoot out between M.Turner and M. Ryan

Last edited:

Vick is a turd..... He shouldn't have even been in the discussion for MVP. Glad tonight's crap-showing proves it.

Call me cynical. Call me old-fashioned. But Vick remains a sad creation of handlers and enablers ($$$ vampires and the ADD video-game/fantasy football crowd) who have blown enough smoke up the public's arse to convince folks that this soulless creep has "rehabilitated and redeemed himself." Even our own damn president stupidly and naively has bought in. I don't buy it for a second. And thank goodness that his true colors as a player were laid bare on the national stage last night for all to see. The charade is over. Meet Michael Vick, same as the old Vick.

Last edited:
Everybody wants to redefine the QB position. They want the easily identifiable athletes and quantifiable measurables guys whose bandwagons they climbed on from college to shine. It took a while for the NFC (which tends to be a day late and a dollar short by and large) to catch on to the blueprint or formula for marginalizing these guys to highlight tape stars. Hit 'em, confuse 'em, watch them self destruct. The more you "respect" what they bring, the longer they get away with bringing (or in the case of the gunslinger slinging) it. Three or four games a season like that and Vick won't be so dangerous... While he has modified his style somewhat, they can almost all do that if sufficiently motivated to. Drew did it once for half a season in Buffalo. Favre did it for three quarters of a season in NY and even a full regular season in Minnesota. But it's a short term solution as eventually they all return to form. Be they the scrambler or the mindnumbing gunslinger, when the pressure mounts and the season or post season is on the line, nine times out of ten they fall back on what they believe got them there, athleticism or a laser rocket arm... Unfortunately the competition at this level is a lot more equally athletic and way better coached than what they faced in HS and college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News