PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 NFL MVP Debate (merged several times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick Stirs Debate in the M.V.P. Vote

an argument can be made for either one, Vick provides so much for his team and so does Brady. Vick also has a handful of explosive play makers to utilize as well as a good defense. Brady has a young defense to work with and not as many explosive play makers if any. I wouldn't have any problem giving it to Vick though.

I understand the support for Vick's MVP candidacy, but if Manning were in the same position as Brady in this race, Manning's victory would be sealed and delivered already.

Last edited:

I will say this. If Vick has another one or two games like last weekend, he will win it.

If he plays normally, Brady will win it.

I will say this. If Vick has another one or two games like last weekend, he will win it.

I would agree with this.

I hope vick wins it. MVP is just a distraction. The only real goal should be super bowl victory.

I don't think Vick has a shot because he has missed too much time. Brady isn't going to fall on his face, and Vick has missed 1/3 of the Eagles season.

I don't think Vick has a shot because he has missed too much time. Brady isn't going to fall on his face, and Vick has missed 1/3 of the Eagles season.

Vick has a great shot. Look at the big picture.

Statistically, he'll have played in 13 games. He'll have over 3k yds passing, over 20 Tds throwing and a Qb rating of over 100. He'll also have ran for 700 yds with 8-10 rushing TDs.

He'll also have on his resume some pretty incredible comeback wins for a 11-12 win team.

By any measure, that is an MVP worthy season.

With that said, Brady deserves it more.

Last edited:

My picks for Players of year:

MVP - Brady
Offensive - Vick
Defensive - Mayo, Matthews or Wake
Offensive Rookie - Bradford
Defensive Rookie - McCourty or Suh
Comeback - Welker
Coach - Belichick

Better take a picture of that article because it might be different by next weekend depending on how the games turn out. That author is a known fraud.

As someone noted (Florio?) the big factor in this is that it's an all-or-nothing vote: each of the 50 voters gets one vote, although they are allowed to split it (as some moron did in 2007, IIRC).

Apparently the key to getting MVP is to suck for half the game so you win in an exciting fashion.

Brady has done it against the best defenses the league has to offer.

This seems like the right place to post this article. It is perhaps the dumbest argument to date for Vick for MVP. He says its like a movie where Brady is the rich preppy kid and Vick is the kid from the wrong side of the tracks (and thats why Brady will win the MVP). He also says that Vick wins games because he has the heart (like Brady hasn't been willing the team to win the last month or two). Additionally he says it doesn't matter anyway because Vick will surely get his revenge in the Super Bowl, as if New Orleans and Atlanta did not exist.

Michael Vick Won’t Be NFL’s MVP | The Philly Post

I don't have a problem with someone thinking Vick should win it over Brady, but this writer's argument is baseless. He quickly glosses over the fact that Brady has better stats as if they don't matter. Then rambles on about how the award is for most valuable player not most valuable quarterback.

Last edited:

I, for one, would love to see Brady win the MVP and I couldn't disagree w/you more. Brady should win the award running away if you sit down and look at the body of work over the course of the season. His stats are better; completion percentage (66.6-percent to 63.2-percent), touchdowns (31 to 20), interceptions (4 to 5), yards (3,561 to 2,755) and fumbles (3 to 9).
I know it's only my personal opinion, but screw the fact that Vick is coming back from an "extended vacation" and being a starting QB. That should have nothing to do with it. So what, he paid his debt to society and has the right to play in the NFL, IMO he's still a capital "DOUCHEBAG" for what he did. The case of which player means more to their team is a mute discussion because both the Pats and the Iggles would be screwed if they didn't have either one. I would actually daresay, that the Pats with all of the distractions and young players would be the worst-off if they didn't have Brady. The Eagles would've probably done decently with Kolb under center.

Brady has done it against the best defenses the league has to offer.

Vick vs the top 1/2 in the league scoring defense

vs GB- #1- 20 points
vs CHI-#2- 26 points
vs NYG-#13-31 points

Overall, not too bad.

With that said, Brady has faced better defenses more frequently and been vastly superior.

Last edited:

The only MVP award that means anything to Brady is SuperBowl MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back