PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 Draft: Top 5 Picks re-done

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the rookies from the 2010 class have had almost two years to show what they have, I think it would be an interesting exercise to see what people's top 5 picks would be?

2010 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Original Top 5:

1. Rams- QB Sam Bradford
2. Lions- DT Ndamukong Suh
3. Buccanears- DT Gerald Mccoy
4. Redskins-OT Trent Williams
5. Chiefs- S Eric Berry

Two years later

1. Rams- DE Jason Pierre-Paul - The former offensive rookie of the year Quarterback Sam Bradford looks lost in his 2nd season, he's been injured, and when he's played, he's looked awful with a 72qbr, his team is 2-10 and looks like they could have the #2 pick in the 2012 draft, I say they go BPA here with Paul, who has been a monster with 12.5 sacks and made a hell of an impact in the game against the Cowboys. (This QB class is awful)

2. Lions- DT Ndamukong Suh- Lions stay pat here with their nutcase, amazing rookie campaign, average sophmore campaign with major fines, dirty player, and suspension.

3. Buccanears- TE Rob Gronkowski- The stud TE goes from #42 overall to #3, with a case as the #1 draft pick in a do over. Amazing start so far, I don't even know if the Bucs needed a TE but he's clearly BPA at this point.

4. Redskins- WR Victor Cruz- An undrafted player in the top 5! This local Umass product has exploded in his 2nd year with 68 catches, 1,150 yards, and 7 TDs. He's had amazing plays with a few boneheaded plays. For an FCS player to do this well in his 2nd year, I only see room for improvement. (Best rookie WR from class, I like him better than out of shape Dez)

5. Chiefs- TE Jimmy Graham- They needed a TE, having an amazing season that is very close to Gronk's, but not the endzone threat or block he is. Gronk and Graham are taking the TE position by storm.

Consideration: Joe Haden, Legarrete Blount, Eric Berry (if he played this year he could have really became great), Muarkice Pouncey,

Amazing how you can argue Gronk for the #1 overall pick, hope I didn't miss anyone obvious, the Giants did pretty good, lol.

Last edited:
It crazy how nobody would ever take a TE in the top-5, but in a redo, there would definitely be two of them in the top-5. I think everyone overanalyzes positional value. If you're getting an absolute monster (Gronk) at a less valuable position, it's better than getting an average QB or LT.

If the Rams had to do the #1 pick all over again...

...don't you think they'd take Tebow?

:rofl:

It crazy how nobody would ever take a TE in the top-5, but in a redo, there would definitely be two of them in the top-5.

I think everyone overanalyzes positional value.

If you're getting an absolute monster (Gronk) at a less valuable position, it's better than getting an average QB or LT.

"Nobody"??..."Everyone?" :cool:

But your point is a tremendous one.

Admittedly, I'm biased towards Grizzlies, but I can promise you:

The reason I'm fixated on Dave DeCastro isn't because he's on O Guard ~ and I love Brian Waters, after all.

It's because he's there.

I've said it before:

When you can get a Once in a Decade Talent without breaking the bank...GET him.

And ask what position he plays afterwards.

The reason I'm fixated on Dave DeCastro isn't because he's on O Guard ~ and I love Brian Waters, after all.

It's because he's there.

I've said it before:

Absolutely. And particularly when you are perenially picking towards the bottom of the draft where we never get a sniff at an elite level prospect. If he's still there 5-7 spots above us, I say go get him.

Solder-Mankins-???-Decastro-Vollmer :eek:

It's because he's there.

I've said it before:

Decastro is the best OG prospect I have seen since Hutchinson.

Speaking of stanford, OT Martin started the year as the the #1 OT on my board, but the kid from Iowa (Reilly Reif?) is out playing all college O line guys.

If you're getting an absolute monster (Gronk) at a less valuable position, it's better than getting an average QB or LT.

It's because he's there.

I've said it before:

Decastro is the best OG prospect I have seen since Hutchinson.

Speaking of stanford, OT Martin started the year as the the #1 OT on my board, but the kid from Iowa (Reilly Reif?) is out playing all college O line guys.

AMEN, Brother!! :rocker:

And I agree with you on Riley Reiff, as well. :cool:

Who wants to take a Guard in the 1st when we have Cannon? DeCastro sounds like he'll fit as a LG.

Who wants to take a Guard in the 1st when we have Cannon?

I do!!

caption-this-picture6.jpeg

Who wants to take a Guard in the 1st when we have Cannon? DeCastro sounds like he'll fit as a LG.

Cannon seems like a RT to me. Anyway, there's no reason DeCastro can't be groomed to play Center, which is a bit of a need.

Cannon seems like a RT to me. Anyway, there's no reason DeCastro can't be groomed to play Center, which is a bit of a need.

He's a bit tall for center. But if we did have him at center, I would love to see him and Cody go at it for a full 60 minutes.

Considering that Cody destroyed the Pouncey twins single handedly a few years ago and they were both first rounders, but not nearly the talent that Decastro is, this would be a true battle for the ages.

The kid's a beast, with a jaw-dropping combination of size, toughness, intelligence, and strength. John Hannah 38 years latter.

Watching him dominating is a sight to behold. One of the collated negatives against ND has him pulling and he blocks the LBer, but the Stanford RB cut inside when the opening was on the outside. David DeCastro NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season - YouTube

I think teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh would draft him in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back