PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Season Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet I remember this.

2006 Season
After starting 6-1 and a tough loss to Indy to make it 6-2, the pats lost 2 in a row to the JESTS!!! This started the "mangenius" bullcrap.

We then kicked the crap out of the Packers as Favre was PATHETIC!

Trivia Time #17
The Pats are often commended for being a team that does not lose twice in a row.

In what year did the Pats last lose back-to-back games?
Whom did they lose to?
Whom did they defeat to stop the losing streak?

2006, Indy and Miami??

Don't know who they beat to end it! Buffallo???

2006, Indy and Miami??

My god I am wrong!!!! Just looked it up!

The Miami game was few weeks later!!!

Trivia Time #17

The Pats are often commended for being a team that does not lose twice in a row.

In what year did the Pats last lose back-to-back games?
Whom did they lose to?

Whom did they defeat to stop the losing streak?
Answers:
2006 (weeks 9 and 10, November 5th and 12th)
Colts and Jets
Packers

Sweet I remember this.

2006 Season
After starting 6-1 and a tough loss to Indy to make it 6-2, the pats lost 2 in a row to the JESTS!!! This started the "mangenius" bullcrap.

We then kicked the crap out of the Packers as Favre was PATHETIC!
Congratulations, excellent memory!

2006, Indy and Miami??

Very good memory as well, but as you figured out, the Miami 'stolen audibles audio' game was later in that season.

I vividly remembered each of these games but had completely forgotten that this was the last time the Pats lost back-to-back games. The Pats were 6-1 after beating the Vikings 31-7 and then lost two close home games. The Colts won 27-20 and then the Jets won 17-14 before the Pats traveled to Green Bay and pummeled the Packers 35-0. Interesting to note the Pats were 7-1 on the road but just 5-3 at home in 2006.

Manning, Vinatieri, defense down Patriots
Jets gain ground, beat Pats 17-14
Pats blank Pats 35-0; snap two-game skid

Trivia Time #18
Every year dislocated Pats fans in eight different areas get a chance to see their favorite team play locally in a regular season NFL game.

Question: Which NFL team(s) fans have gone the longest without having seen the Patriots play there in a regular season or playoff game? And which will have gone the longest at the conclusion of the 2009 season?

So are you asking which team(s) the Patriots haven't played @ in so long?

For example New England hadn't played @ Seahawks for a while until last year if I recall correctly.

So are you asking which team(s) the Patriots haven't played @ in so long?

For example New England hadn't played @ Seahawks for a while until last year if I recall correctly.
Yes, what has been the longest time since they played there: for example @Seattle, @Chicago, @Tennessee, etc. Pre-season games don't count. And then, (a) which has been the longest through last season, and (b) which will be the longest after this season.

Hmmm.... I'm not quite sure.

Houston?? - did we have them away in '03??

New Orleans?? or Tampa???

And if it is Tampa, then Tampa Bay area Pats still won't get them in their area!!!

Some AFC that come to mind @Cleveland @Houston

Some NFC @Philly @Washington @Detroit @Carolina @Tampa @New Orleans (Play @NO in 2009) @Arizona

I think it has to be @Detroit or @Tampa

Trivia Time #18

Every year dislocated Pats fans in eight different areas get a chance to see their favorite team play locally in a regular season NFL game.

Question: Which NFL team(s) fans have gone the longest without having seen the Patriots play there in a regular season or playoff game?
- Answer: Tampa Bay

And which will have gone the longest at the conclusion of the 2009 season?
- Answer: Tampa Bay

Hmmm.... I'm not quite sure.

Houston?? - did we have them away in '03??

New Orleans?? or Tampa???

And if it is Tampa, then Tampa Bay area Pats still won't get them in their area!!!
Good logical reasoning there Cal. Houston is the longest among all AFC teams; Saints and Bucs are the longest of all NFL teams - or so I thought (see below.)

Some AFC that come to mind @Cleveland @Houston

Some NFC @Philly @Washington @Detroit @Carolina @Tampa @New Orleans (Play @NO in 2009) @Arizona

I think it has to be @Detroit or @Tampa

What made me think of this was mostly related to the second part of the question. NFC teams visit AFC teams (and vice-versa) only once every eight years in the regular season under the current scheduling format. However, with this year's game in London, the Pats don't go to Tampa so Pats fans in this area will have to settle for another preseason game or a road trip to Miami.

The current format was set up in 2002 with the guarantee that all teams would play every other team on a regular basis. Teams play both home and away against each division teams, so that eliminates the Jets, Bills and Dolphins from this question.

Teams play each of the teams in a single division within the conference every three years on a rotating basis, so they are both home and away against every other AFC team once every six years. This may be more frequently due to two games each year based on standings (first place vs first, second vs second, etc. - which is why the Pats seem to play the Colts and Steelers so often.)

The last four games are against each time in a single division in the other conference every four years; once at home and once away every eight years. So the answer would have to be the teams in the NFC that the Pats are playing this year: the NFC South. The home games against NFC South teams are versus Atlanta and Carolina, so those are the two teams that Pats season ticket holders have gone the longest without seeing them play live in Foxboro.

The away games are New Orleans and Tampa Bay, so that would be the answer to the first half of this trivia question. But since Tampa Bay is the 'home' team in London, after the end of this season the Pats will still have not played a regular season game at Tampa Bay in front of their fans, and that is the answer to the second part of the question.

That's what I figured when I posed this question but I forgot one thing.

Eight years ago would be 2001; this current scheduling format started in 2002. 2009 would be the final year of the eight-year rotation. In 2001 there were still three divisions in each conference and 31 NFL teams. In that season the Pats were at two other teams that are now in the NFC South, Carolina and Atlanta, played New Orleans in Foxboro, and did not play Tampa Bay (who was then part of the NFC North.) The last time the Pats played the Saints in New Orleans was October 4, 1998, when the Pats won 30-27 in a game with five picks: three by Drew Bledsoe and two by Danny Wuerffel. The last time the Pats played a regular season game in Tampa Bay was November 16, 1997 with the Bucs winning 27-7; the Pats were limited to 10 first downs and 168 total yards, while being sacked five times and turning the ball over three times.

Sorry about the question not being as clear as it should have been and a bit ambiguous. I had some trouble wording the question because I didn't want to bring in new stadiums (such as the one in Dallas) in to the question; but at the same time I didn't want to give away the hint to the answer (the London game) either. Ironically as it turns out the answer would be the same even if the game was being held in Tampa.

Hmm interesting thanks for the info

Nice one JM57 :)

I do love the trivia :)

Trivia Time #19

This is somewhat of a follow up to the last trivia question.

Who was the Pats coach the last time New England won a regular season game in Tampa Bay?

I specified regular season because preseason games are meaningless, and I asked for the coach because I figured that asking for the exact year would be too difficult.​

Did Parcells leave '96??

So would it be Carrol??

Last edited:
Parcells was who first came to mind though since this game took place in the mid-late 90s I wasn't even 10 so it's just a guess.

Parcells was who first came to mind though since this game took place in the mid-late 90s I wasn't even 10 so it's just a guess.

Mine is a guess aswell:)

I was about 6 when this game would have happened, so I had no idea what football was then, never mind followed it ;)

Trivia Time #19

This is somewhat of a follow up to the last trivia question:

Who was the Pats coach the last time New England won a regular season game in Tampa Bay?

I specified regular season because preseason games are meaningless, and I asked for the coach because I figured that asking for the exact year would be too difficult.​

Did Parcells leave '96??

So would it be Carrol??

Answer: Raymond Berry
I had to go all the way back to October 27, 1985 to find the last time the Pats won at Tampa Bay. It was in the midst of a six-game winning streak that propelled the Pats to an 11-5 record, and their first Super Bowl appearance. Tampa Bay jumped out to a 14-0 1st quarter lead but the Pats came back with three Tony Franklin field goals. Craig James threw for a TD to Tony Collins and then ran for two more scores in the 4th quarter. The Pats had more than double total yards (420-209) as the Bucs, who fell to 0-8 on the year, en route to a 2-14 season.

I was also considering wording the question as 'who was the QB', and the answer would have been Tony Eason. Interesting to note how seldom these two teams have played each other: six times even though Tampa bay has been around since 1976. The Pats lead the series 4-2.

Interesting stuff only six times..

Trivia Time #20

Okay, let's get the topic back to this past season.

Did the Pats offense go over 500 total yards in any one game in 2008?
If so, how many times?
Who was the opponent for the most total yards of offense by the Pats in 2008?

Im thinking 2 times, with the most being against the JEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes