PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Season Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that is a hard one....I do know that we had Plunkett, Grogan and then Eason for at least a 20 year span. I do remember my favorite player ever in the CFL Doug Flutie had to have led the Pats in passing for one season....so that is my final answer Doug Flutie. I remember Hugh Millen having a great season...but I though he was the starter for 2 or 3 seasons....so he is my back-up pick.
Excellent recollection, and very, very close - but not quite. Flutie did indeed lead the Pats in passing once, and only once - in '88, two years after the Pats made it to their first Super Bowl. Highlight may have been the Pats getting a bit of revenge against Da Bearz in a 30-7 rout, with Flutie throwing four touchdowns against the team quarterbacked by Jim McMahon, who had publicly ridiculed Flutie when they were teammates with the Bears.

Trivia Time #5

Matt Cassel led the Pats in passing yardage for the first time, with 3693 yards. If he is traded - or even if he's not - 2008 could be the only time he leads the Pats in passing yardage.

Who was the last Pats QB to lead the team in passing yardage only once?​
Answer: Marc Wilson with 1625 yards in 1990.

This was a tough question, because it was such a forgettable player in a season Pats fans would rather not think about. The 1990 Patriots went 0-for October, November, and December, losing 14 in a row. The only win evolved in to the Lisa Olsen incident. Former Raider Marc Wilson took over from injured Steve Grogan before being replaced by rookie Tommy Hodson from LSU. Wilson and Hodson both started and lost six games, with Wilson leading all three in passing with 1625 yards, throwing for 6 touchdowns while being intercepted 11 times.

Answer: Marc Wilson with 1625 yards in 1990.

This was a tough question, because it was such a forgettable player in a season Pats fans would rather not think about. The 1990 Patriots went 0-for October, November, and December, losing 14 in a row. The only win evolved in to the Lisa Olsen incident. Former Raider Marc Wilson took over from injured Steve Grogan before being replaced by rookie Tommy Hodson from LSU. Wilson and Hodson both started and lost six games, with Wilson leading all three in passing with 1625 yards, throwing for 6 touchdowns while being intercepted 11 times.

I did not get this one until I did some research. Take it easy on the new guy:):)

Trivia Time #6
In the 2008 season, what player led the Pats in touches (with 'touches' being defined as rushing attempts, pass receptions, kickoff returns, and punt returns)?

I would say either Welker or Faulk of the top of my head...I just got home from work and a few beers so I am going to go with Faulk. Time to do some research.

Trivia Time #6

In the 2008 season, what player led the Pats in touches (with 'touches' being defined as rushing attempts, pass receptions, kickoff returns, and punt returns)?

Morris, Sammy

I would say either Welker or Faulk of the top of my head...I just got home from work and a few beers so I am going to go with Faulk. Time to do some research.

Answer: Sammy Morris
Congratulations PatsChamp88

CPF, I thought it would be Faulk also, considering Morris missed a few games and Faulk gets more receptions and returns.

175 - Sammy Morris (156 rushes, 17 receptions, 2 kick returns)
153 - Kevin Faulk (83 rushes, 58 receptions, 2 kick returns, 10 punt returns)
139 - Wes Welker (3 rushes, 111 receptions, 1 kick return, 24 punt returns)

After that it was LaMont Jordan (80), BenJarvus Green-Ellis (77), Matt Cassel (73), and Randy Moss (71)

Last edited:
Wow he had 2 kick returns did not know that

Wow he had 2 kick returns did not know that

It was in the return game that I thought he would have passed Morris but I was wrong. I will dust myself off to redeem myself on another day;)

Trivia Time #7
How many Pats caught touchdown passes in 2008, and who were they?

Welker, Moss, Gaffney, Watson, Faulk, all I can think of

Trivia Time #7

How many Pats caught touchdown passes in 2008, and who were they?

Welker, Moss, Gaffney, Watson, Faulk, all I can think of

I would guess these 5 but would add Sammy Morris who I think caught a TD this year but not totally sure.

Answer: Moss, Welker, Faulk, Gaffney and Watson
Congratulations once again to PatsChamp88!

Moss (11) had more than everyone else combined: Welker (3), Faulk (3), Gaffney (2) and Watson (2). The number of different players with a touchdown reception was much lower than what Pats fans have seen in recent years: 8 in 2007, 11 in 2006, 12 in 2005, and 10 in 2004. The last time there were fewer players with a touchdown reception was in 1989, when there were only four: Cedric Jones, Hart Lee Dykes, Irving Fryar and Stanley Morgan.

Answer: Moss, Welker, Faulk, Gaffney and Watson
Congratulations once again to PatsChamp88!

Moss (11) had more than everyone else combined: Welker (3), Faulk (3), Gaffney (2) and Watson (2). The number of different players with a touchdown reception was much lower than what Pats fans have seen in recent years: 8 in 2007, 11 in 2006, 12 in 2005, and 10 in 2004. The last time there were fewer players with a touchdown reception was in 1989, when there were only four: Cedric Jones, Hart Lee Dykes, Irving Fryar and Stanley Morgan.

Terrific Tom loves to spread the ball around.

Trivia Time #8
Matt Cassel led the Pats in pass attempts, completions, and yardage in 2008.

Who was second in these categories?​

Tom Brady! *Edit the reason for this answer is I had him on my fantasy team remembered what his stats were on that terrible day :( and I can't recall when OC played in a regular season game

Last edited:
Tom Brady! *Edit the reason for this answer is I had him on my fantasy team remembered what his stats were on that terrible day :( and I can't recall when OC played in a regular season game

Yes I am on the same page as PatsChamp88 but did not pick Brady on my fantasy team:p:p I remember Kevin O'Connel getting into a game but still think he threw less then Brady did in that Quarter and a half.

Brady is my final answer

Trivia Time #8

Matt Cassel led the Pats in pass attempts, completions, and yardage in 2008.

Who was second in these categories?​

Yes I am on the same page as PatsChamp88 but did not pick Brady on my fantasy team:p:p I remember Kevin O'Connel getting into a game but still think he threw less then Brady did in that Quarter and a half.

Brady is my final answer

Answer: Tom Brady

Congratulations to both PatsChamp88 and CanadianPat'sFan, you are both correct.

Brady in one quarter did (slightly) more than Kevin O'Connell did all year, as the Pats were rarely in a position to get KOC on the field - and when they did, it was to hand the ball off to a RB.

Brady's final 2008 stats were 7/11 for 76 yards, while O'Connell finished with 4/6 for 23 yards in the two games he got on the field. The only other player with a pass was Kevin Faulk, who finished 1/1 with -2 yards.

Trivia Time #9

There has been much debate about trading Matt Cassel, and how much the Pats might get in return, based on the current quarterbacks available in this year's draft.

When was the last time there were no quarterbacks drafted in the first round of an NFL draft?​

Well my guess would be sometime in the 90s, however I never watched any drafts until the 2000s because I'm only 20 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back