PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Season Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
3??

Jets, Oakland and Arizona??

My guesses are Miami (round two), Oakland, and Arizona because they were the games we scored the most. As for the most yards I had to go with the Miami game because the offense was unstoppable that game.

Trivia Time #20

Did the Pats offense go over 500 total yards in any one game in 2008? Answer: Yes
If so, how many times? Answer: Three
Who was the opponent for the most total yards of offense by the Pats in 2008? Answer: Miami Dolphins

Im thinking 2 times, with the most being against the JEST
The Jesters were indeed one of three teams the Pats went for over 500 yards against. I hadn't thought of them till I saw the stats; probably because I was focusing on games the Pats won.

3??

Jets, Oakland and Arizona??
That is correct, there were three teams - and Oakland would have been one of my guesses. Although the Pats scored a season-high 49 points against the Raiders, the total yardage against them ranked just 4th, with 487 yards.

My guesses are Miami (round two), Oakland, and Arizona because they were the games we scored the most. As for the most yards I had to go with the Miami game because the offense was unstoppable that game.
Good memory: Miami was the victim of the Pats highest output in terms of total yards last year as the Pats rolled for 530 yards. The Pats also had a season-high 30 first downs, and the game had the most points combined with 76.

Highest offensive total yardage games by the Pats in 2008:
530, week 12 at Miami (48-28)
514, week 16 vs Arizona (47-7)
511, week 11 vs NY Jets (31-34)
487, week 15 at Oakland (49-26)
404, week 7 vs Denver (41-7)
377, week 5 at San Francisco (30-21)
370, week 10 vs Buffalo (20-10)

The Jesters were indeed one of three teams the Pats went for over 500 yards against. I hadn't thought of them till I saw the stats; probably because I was focusing on games the Pats won.

Yep I second that! Completely forgot how well the offense (not defense) played in that game, hell that 3rd and 15 conversion still pisses me off :D

I forgot about Miami :)

Forgot how unstoppable the O was! :)

Trivia Time #21

In which season did the Pats have more offensive possessions: 2008 or 2007?

In which season did the Pats punt the ball more often: 2008 or 2007?

I will jump back in on this.

1) 2008 - Brady kept the ball and drove the field in 2007 which is not a bad thing if you look at it.
2) 2007 - The hardly punted in 2007 I am surpised they had a P on the roster:D:D

1) 2007 The defense held other teams to low scores allowing for Brady to you know only throw for 50 TDs
2) 2008 Cassel and company didn't drive and score on every possession like in 2007

Trivia Time #21

2007 more possessions.
2008 more punts.

Trivia Time #21

I will jump back in on this.

1) 2008 - Brady kept the ball and drove the field in 2007 which is not a bad thing if you look at it.
2) 2007 - The hardly punted in 2007 I am surpised they had a P on the roster:D:D

1) 2007 The defense held other teams to low scores allowing for Brady to you know only throw for 50 TDs
2) 2008 Cassel and company didn't drive and score on every possession like in 2007

2007 more possessions.
2008 more punts.

Answers:
The Pats had 164 offensive possessions in 2007, and 159 in 2008.
The Pats punted the ball 50 times in 2008, and 44 times in 2007.

I figured it would stand to reason that the number of possessions would be about the same, but I was very surprised at how close the number of punts was.

Trivia Time #22

Okay, it's not from the 2008 season, but hopefully this one is recent enough that everybody has a chance to answer it.

Question: What player had both a sack and an interception in Super Bowl 39 (Pats - Eagles)?

Trick question, not going to answer since I didn't know.

Trivia Time #22

Question: What player had both a sack and an interception in Super Bowl 39 (Pats - Eagles)?

I would say Harrison.

Trick question, not going to answer since I didn't know.

Mea culpa, I really screwed up on this one. Going forward I really need to double check my sources, however reliable I had previously thought they were.

My answer was going to be Tedy Bruschi, and then I was going to expand on that with the fact that in the first series he also had a fumble recovery - but the play was appealed, reversed - and on the next play Bruschi got his sack. What I missed - which indeed makes this a 'trick question' - was that along with his two interceptions (including the one at the end to seal the victory), Rodney Harrison also had a sack in the first quarter.

So the bottom line is the correct answer is either Rodney Harrison and/or Tedy Bruschi.

Another trivia question tomorrow, but I'll need to do a little more fact-finding research first beforehand to make sure my answer is correct.

Trivia Time #23

How many Patriots are in the NFL Hall of Fame, and who are they?

I can only think of Tippett and Hannah. Can't remember if there is anymore.

So, I'm saying 2 :) As that all I can think of :)

Trivia Time #23

How many Patriots are in the NFL Hall of Fame, and who are they?

I can only think of Tippett and Hannah. Can't remember if there is anymore.

So, I'm saying 2 :) As that all I can think of :)

Answer: four; Nick Buoniconti (2001), John Hannah (1991), Mike Haynes (1997) and Andre Tippett (2008)

In retrospect this wasn't really a very good question because only Hannah and Tippett are clearly 'Patriots'. Buoniconti was a very good player for the then Boston Patriots, but it was his play on two championship Dolphin teams that got him in to the HOF. Ironically both he and Haynes played seven years with the Pats and then seven years with another team, winning at least one championship with the 'other team'; he and Lester Hayes with the Raiders formed what some consider to be the best cornerback tandem in NFL history.

Trivia Time #24

Who are the thirteen members of the Patriots team Hall of Fame?
Bonus Question: Who were the original members?
Bonus Question: What numbers did they wear?​

Answer: four; Nick Buoniconti (2001), John Hannah (1991), Mike Haynes (1997) and Andre Tippett (2008)

In retrospect this wasn't really a very good question because only Hannah and Tippett are clearly 'Patriots'. Buoniconti was a very good player for the then Boston Patriots, but it was his play on two championship Dolphin teams that got him in to the HOF. Ironically both he and Haynes played seven years with the Pats and then seven years with another team, winning at least one championship with the 'other team'; he and Lester Hayes with the Raiders formed what some consider to be the best cornerback tandem in NFL history.

Well I was thinking of players who made their name playing here ;);)

Again, nice one jmt57 :)

Trivia Time #24

Who are the thirteen members of the Patriots team Hall of Fame?
Bonus Question: Who were the original members?​

Bonus Question: What numbers did they wear?​

No takers? Okay, here are some hints:

The thirteen members include seven who played offense and six from the defense. There are two quarterbacks, two wide receivers, two offensive linemen, two defensive linemen, three linebackers, one defensive back, and one who played two positions.

The first bonus question is a bit of a trick question as it is improperly worded.

I wouldn't expect anybody to get more than one or two of the second bonus question right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes