PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats have drafted the #5 (Mayo), the #29 (Wheatley) and the #47 (Crable) on my Pats board. pretty good.

Congrats! And their all on mine as well. With more to come for sure...;)

I'd target Bryant soon, as he's seems like the best to back up Wilfork.

OMG . . . is it possible BB actually won't draft a TE (Jermichael Finley just went off the board)? :eek:

Scandrick (#55 on my board)
Avril (#16)
Kellen Davis (#64)
Goff (#59)
McGlynn (#62)
Thomas Brown (#72)

all would make sense right now.

in your opinion,why crable and no avril?

Similarly to what everyone else is saying, I think a lot of it has to do with size. Avril is 6'3" and already about 260. Crable is 6'5" with the possibility to gain a good deal of weight to his frame and bulk up to 265 or so (he's at about 240 now). Of course, size isn't the only thing here; if it were, they probably would have selected Avril. But, off of the read ups on NFL.com, they have similar games at the moment (hell, they both "compare to" Shaun Phillips). They are both slightly limited at the moment in their pass rush repertoire, have some limitations in coverage and can be forced off the line of scrimmage and engulfed at this point in time.

Neither one at the moment can be an every down LB, and that, to me, is why the upside of Crable (who would conceivably get sturdier by getting up to Avril's current weight) would set him apart from Crable (who is probably more work to fix his shortcomings in the ground game).

And now the pikers on ESPN are dissing Wes Welker. :mad:

Avril Avril Avril please Avril here, i am so scared the Colts or lions will take him.

Bye Avril...who next?

Avril Avril Avril please Avril here, i am so scared the Colts or lions will take him.

I'd rather he go to the Lions than the Colts.

He probably wasn't being targeted by the Pats anyway, if that makes you feel better. Crable's a very similar project right now, with probably a little more upside.

Avril after picking Crable seems like overkill to me.

Besides, if Millen likes you, that's gotta be like Kryptonite to a good program...maybe the FO saw something we didn't.

I wouldn't mind seeing Justin King here.

It still hurts on my madden roster I turned Lamar Woodley to cliff avril, I'm definitely gonna keep tabs on his and Crables careers.

It has to be defensive back or o line, No more linebackers worth taking here.
Or if there is somebody enlighten me on one.

It sounds like the Pats are going to pick . . . I can hear the JEST fans booing now.

KEVIN O'CONNELL, QB, San Diego State

Did not see that one coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick