PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crable's a guy who could play teams and be a situational pass rusher now while he bulks up and works on fundamentals and ability to hold his ground in the running game. He's got the height to put on twenty (or so) more pounds.

Holy ****! Two LBs in the first three rounds!

This is a lousy trade. So they move up about 15 places in next year's draft and get a 5th rounder this year who probably won't make the team. I like the day one trade but I don't get this one.

Some people will just never be happy... Looks at the value of this trade. There was NO loss for the Pats here if their guys were already off the board. We move up 15 or so spots AND add an additional pick? And that's not good enough?

Wow...

Where do you guys want to go here?

Have to admit I'm intrigued by Zuttah. 83 is up Pats at 94. I'm very happy thus far.

I think BB can now spread out and go basically wherever.

in your opinion,why crable and no avril?

Where do you guys want to go here?

Have to admit I'm intrigued by Zuttah. 83 is up Pats at 94. I'm very happy thus far.

I think BB can now spread out and go basically wherever.

I don't know enough about a lot of these later round guys to pick specifics, but I'd like to see in our last five picks:

2 OL (one makes the team, adds depth)
Blocking TE
WR (maybe get lucky late like Saints did with Colston)
P (to compete with Player)

Doucet, Morgan, Zuttah, Douglas. 4 guys I really liked just went back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

Because Avril is our binky, not Belichick's. The team picked the top OLB on their board, probably the highest OLB on their board for 20 or 30 picks.

With only 9 picks until our next pick, maybe they figured Avril would still be on the board and Crable wouldn't...maybe it's a pipe dream that we take another OLB, but who knows. Crable's physical size is also very impressive, iirc Avril was only 6'1" or so, Crable at 6'5" has a lot of room to put on weight and still be athletic.

I like the Crable pick still am hoping for avril now that morgan and molden are gone.
I only saw a few Michigan games this year but i believe in the notre dame game especially i was pretty impressed about him always being around the play.

Yes, that's why personally, I would not have traded the #69 into nrct year, but bb will have a surprise for us at #94 or I would have give the 5 or 4 to move up from 94.

Doucet, Morgan, Zuttah, Douglas. 4 guys I really liked just went back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

Last edited:
With only 9 picks until our next pick, maybe they figured Avril would still be on the board and Crable wouldn't...maybe it's a pipe dream that we take another OLB, but who knows. Crable's physical size is also very impressive, iirc Avril was only 6'1" or so, Crable at 6'5" has a lot of room to put on weight and still be athletic.

Avril's almost 6'3", but I think you're right. They probably figure it's going to be a few years before Crable will need to step in as a starter with Vrabel, Thomas, Hobson, and Woods ahead of him. In that time he can learn and bulk up to what they like to see in OLB.

Take a chance with Manningham if he gets down that far id say, despite the drug problems, if we can take Merriweather 1........we can take this guy in 3.

How are you all guys?

Redsox did there money last night, that HR sucked after near perfect game.

Ben

I only saw a few Michigan games this year but i believe in the notre dame game especially i was pretty impressed about him always being around the play.
Good point. I wonder if Weis was asked about Crable.

For that matter, I wonder if Meyer was asked about Jerod Mayo.

Crable is one of my favorites -- mentioned him several times. Unfortunately, others here weren't so high on him. When will the band wagoners and critics arrive?

IMO, this is one of the best draft's in Patriot's history. Now all they have to do is earn their keep...

And another board binky, Tom Zbikowsi, goes to the Ratbirds. :(

I'm calling Red Bryant - dl - Texas A&M if still on board.

Bruce Davis to the Steelers.

Exactly.

Avril size suggests that he would best fit inside for the Pats, and they filled that need with MAYO. Crable fills the roster spot vacated by Colvin at OLB. In two years with a lot of weight room work, he could be a starter for us at OLB, specifically on Vrabels side.

Pats have drafted the #5 (Mayo), the #29 (Wheatley) and the #47 (Crable) on my Pats board. pretty good.

ok here we go. I would like Highsmith, Connor for LB and Godfrey for CB is the too much too ask for :rolleyes:
Highsmith does not fit here. Too small for a 3-4 linebacker. Pure speed linebacker type. He is more of a Colts or Bucs type scheme guy.

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents