PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could easily see them using the SD 2nd rounder as trade bait for Shepherd or Taylor.

The way some people here complain you would think this team has as many needs as Miami.

That was a very good trade IMO. We have 2 picks soon and either we like a lot of remaining players, or we weren't sold on any of the remaining guys.

And Brad Cottam goes off the board. . . .

KC takes Brad Cottam, TE, Tennessee

I really, really like the draft the Chiefs are having.

terrible trade

They get SD #2 next year....but That should only move them up a few spots as SD will be drafting at the end of the round.

5th rounder is marginal as well at the end of the round, 50/50 to even make the team.

There are only so many available spots to be won on this team.

very dissapointing with Avril on the board still.

This is the talk last year after they got the niners pick.. That pick has the ability to move us up 32 spots.. Will it, maybe not.. But who thought we were going to get a #7..

Stop the complaining, especially when you have 2 more 3rds..

If you look at the trade this way. We basically got a 2 for moving back 3 spots.
We got a 3 to move back and gave up a 5. We got a 2 and a 5. Gave up a 3.

Great way to view it.

We moved back 3 spots in round 1, at no sacrifice to us: picked up a 3rd, which we just gave to SD - net of zero.

We gave up a 5th yesterday to NO, and got it back today from SD - net of zero.

We got a 2009 2nd - for basically NOTHING!!

And Avril is still available if they want him

Well basically they punted. Even though it's a second rounder next year, they didn't move up much. I'd rather have seen them try to move up to take Godfrey who only went just before their own pick. Or even Justin King from Penn State. If either of these two players turn out to be good, this was a bad trade.

Shawn Crable. Like it. Crable and Vrabel. :)

SHAWN CRABLE, OLB, MICHIGAN

Shawn Crable.

Great pick. fits atheir physical profile for an OLB. Tall and athletic. Special teams value. A bigger and quicker version of Pierre Woods.

Shawn Crable. I've got 1 right so far.

The way some people here complain you would think this team has as many needs as Miami.

And the way some people here defend every single move the team makes, you would think they were dating Belichick.

Well I like the Crable selection. Fills a need and he's a pretty good athlete

Good pick .. i really like Crable and fits the prototype perfectly, captain, leader of the line etc. Height and speed for a pass rusher .. should get some snaps next year if and when we spell AD/Vrable

There's your OLB. Shawn Crable.

Curious to see what some of those who watch a lot more film etc think about the guy - seems like everyone is excited, he seems to have the size and speed off the corner, does he have the ability to drop into coverage with good feet and hips?

I like the picks so far Mayo and Crable are two of my favorite players in this draft way to go PATS.

So this is it. BB finally understood the need to draft LBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back