PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 comp picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWorldChamps

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
As far as i know, comp picks are awarded based on salary and playing time, (and are offset by our FA signings) right? does it have anything to do with position? im asking because of AV... if you look only at salary and playing time, i'd expect a very low comp pick for him (6 or 7)... if you include position, where he got a record-setting contract, then we could get a 3 for him...

anyone have an educated guess for AV's comp pick? based on my limited knowledge, i think it would be a 6, but im no expert on comp picks.

never mind... found this, by dabruinz...
Miguel -
I used AdamJt13's pages to approximate what I thought the Pats would get.

Mel Mitchell and Reche Caldwell would off-set the signings of Andre Davis and either Tim Dwight or Matt Chatham or Christian Fauria.

The Pats, unless they sign someone big, would be in line for comp picks for Ashworth, Givens, Vinatieri, and Chatham. Based on the salaries:
David Givens - 4th round pick
Tom Ashworth - 6th round pick
Adam Vinatier - 6th round pick
Tim Dwight or Matt Chatham or Christian Fauria - 7th round pick

Again, these are just prelimindarly predictions. Things could change and will depending on whether the Pats sign anyone else.

Givens, the gift that keeps on giving. We got him for a 7th. Got several productive years and now (assuming no ofsetting FA signing) we may get a 4th round pick for him.
Wicked pissah!

PatsWorldChamps said:
never mind... found this, by dabruinz...
Miguel -
I used AdamJt13's pages to approximate what I thought the Pats would get.

Mel Mitchell and Reche Caldwell would off-set the signings of Andre Davis and either Tim Dwight or Matt Chatham or Christian Fauria.

The Pats, unless they sign someone big, would be in line for comp picks for Ashworth, Givens, Vinatieri, and Chatham. Based on the salaries:
David Givens - 4th round pick
Tom Ashworth - 6th round pick
Adam Vinatier - 6th round pick
Tim Dwight or Matt Chatham or Christian Fauria - 7th round pick

Again, these are just prelimindarly predictions. Things could change and will depending on whether the Pats sign anyone else.
Sorry to say but these projections are wrong because we lost 8 guys and gained 2, net 2 of those picks will be better (as of now).

jct said:
Sorry to say but these projections are wrong because we lost 8 guys and gained 2, net 2 of those picks will be better (as of now).

JCT -
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can only get compensation for up to 4 players lost. And they don't bump up other picks to compensate for your team losing more players.

BTW, the Pats signed Reche Caldwell, Eric Warfield, Tebuckey Jones and Mel Mitchell. However, Warfield and Jones do not qualify as they were released. The Pats LOST David Givens, Adam Vinatieri, Tom Ashworth, Matt Chatham, Andre Davis, Tim Dwight, Christian Fauria, and Michael Stone.

Stone probably will not qualify as he got a veteran minimum contract and last year the lowest qualifying contract was around 700K. So, the off-sets would be Caldwell and Mitchell against Chatham and Fauria, more than likely.

That does leave 5 players in Givens, Vinatieri, Ashworth, Davis and Dwight. However, as I said earlier, you can only get compensated for 4 players and any extra don't bump up others.

DaBruinz said:
JCT -
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can only get compensation for up to 4 players lost. And they don't bump up other picks to compensate for your team losing more players.

BTW, the Pats signed Reche Caldwell, Eric Warfield, Tebuckey Jones and Mel Mitchell. However, Warfield and Jones do not qualify as they were released. The Pats LOST David Givens, Adam Vinatieri, Tom Ashworth, Matt Chatham, Andre Davis, Tim Dwight, Christian Fauria, and Michael Stone.

Stone probably will not qualify as he got a veteran minimum contract and last year the lowest qualifying contract was around 700K. So, the off-sets would be Caldwell and Mitchell against Chatham and Fauria, more than likely.

That does leave 5 players in Givens, Vinatieri, Ashworth, Davis and Dwight. However, as I said earlier, you can only get compensated for 4 players and any extra don't bump up others.
The following lists the players who will be included in the 2007 compensatory pick calculation for the Patriots
Will the contracts/production/offseason honors of Michael Stone, David Givens, Tom Ashworth, Christian Fauria, Andre Davis, Tim Dwight, Adam Vinatieri, and Matt Chatham outweigh the contracts/production/offseason honors of Reche Caldwell and Mel Mitchell)?
We lost 8 and gained 2 we will recieve as of now the maximum 4 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back