PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1960 Boston Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a treasure. Thanks. They turned over about 90% of that lineup in a few years, but Holovak as coach was really a boost. lol Geno played DB WR and kicker Colclough was a fine receiver too. I only remember from 61, too young to remember that team.

I do remember my father ordering me to watch Ted Williams in 1960, though. I knew the Pats had a team and that was enough for me. Feck the Giants!

That was fun and funny to watch. Thanks for posting it.

Found this on you tube, the 1960 team highlight film. I love the helmet design and the style of the video direction is pretty funny. My want to see it before they take it down.

WOW! That is a find.

I just sent the video link to my 88 year old dad up in Massachusetts who covered that team from 1960-1965 for various wire services. He always fondly remembered the press luncheons in Kenmore Square and had great stories about Babe Parilli and, of course Geno. I'm sure it will bring a heartfelt smile to him.

The incredible Dynasty we have experienced the past 16 years is truly a "pinch me, I must be dreaming" experience for people like my father, and for me - who grew up in the early 70's when the Pats were simply awful and third rate.

Thank you so much.

Bob Dee coached me when I was with the Quincy Giants in the fall of 1969. He was a great Pats player of the 60's. It was so cool to be coached by him.

Damn, you played for the Quincy Giants ? I grew up in JP,Dorchester and Quincy. I was 16 in 1969 and me and my hoodlum friends used to scale the brick wall, dodge the guards and sneak in to see y'all play. Odds are pretty good i saw you play. Sorry for kinda stealing from you by not paying to get in.(not really) Did you ever down brewksis at Dee-dee's in Wollaston? Bob Dee was one of the original owners. When I was old enough to get served(think drinking age was 18 for awhile there), that was one of my main hangouts. Lotta good times there.The main bartender was this huge hairy dude named "Bear".

A Shmessy sighting!!!...whew, I was getting worried....

I became a fan in 1967 (11yrs old). I remember a good portion of the team came to the Joyce Kilmer Elementary School in West Roxbury to sign autographs, I got Jim Colclough's and became his biggest fan. That video got me looking back at the rosters of those 60's Patriots teams to see how many names I could remember. Who knew that Marty Schottenheimer played linebacker for the Pat's in 1969? I didn't.

"1960"

I was born 33 years later. . .

That is really interesting

RIP#40, did you go to CM?

I wonder how realpatsfan feels about the hat logo or that the color red always takes a hit, tatoos, film, fabric. That old film clip had the uniforms almost Denver Orange.

f
Damn, you played for the Quincy Giants ? I grew up in JP,Dorchester and Quincy. I was 16 in 1969 and me and my hoodlum friends used to scale the brick wall, dodge the guards and sneak in to see y'all play. Odds are pretty good i saw you play. Sorry for kinda stealing from you by not paying to get in.(not really) Did you ever down brewksis at Dee-dee's in Wollaston? Bob Dee was one of the original owners. When I was old enough to get served(think drinking age was 18 for awhile there), that was one of my main hangouts. Lotta good times there.The main bartender was this huge hairy dude named "Bear".
I didn't know Dee owned a place in Wollaston, but we did stop at a bar on the beach after practice a lot. The name 'beachcomber' comes to mind, but I could be wrong.

I also have a strong association with Dorchester. The projects I referenced were the Franklin Field projects and my first 12 years of teaching was at the Oliver Wendell Holmes JHS, not too far from that same field.

Thanks.

For once I feel on the younger side... :D

Bob Dee coached me when I was with the Quincy Giants in the fall of 1969. He was a great Pats player of the 60's. It was so cool to be coached by him.
Holy Cross Crusader and Patriot, along with Tom "The Blur" Hennessy from Brookline.

Billy Sullivan seemed like a joker back then too.

f
I didn't know Dee owned a place in Wollaston, but we did stop at a bar on the beach after practice a lot. The name 'beachcomber' comes to mind, but I could be wrong.

I also have a strong association with Dorchester. The projects I referenced were the Franklin Field projects and my first 12 years of teaching was at the Oliver Wendell Holmes JHS, not too far from that same field.
The Beachcomber? In my younger days I staggered out of there many a time. Yeah,I lived in Fields Corner for awhile.

Holy Cross Crusader and Patriot, along with Tom "The Blur" Hennessy from Brookline.
Tom's brother Bill coached me at BHS. I also coached with Hank Cutting at Archbishop williams who was also a Crusader in the early 60's. In those days the Cross would be playing Penn State and Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes