PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

146 Yards in penalties. Were the Colts that clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also looked like there was a wicked block in the back on Rodney Harrison during Addai's TD run. I hope those officials are reprimanded or punished in some way. That was the most poorly officiated game I've ever seen.

Did you even WATCH the game? Harrison was blocked by his OWN MAN on the Addai run. Watch the freakin tape.:rolleyes:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, there were bad calls on BOTH sides. The holding call on Lilja was one of the worst I've ever seen and Mathis/Freeney basically got TACKLED on every other play.

The two long PI calls were questionable, which accounted for most of the yardage, but other than that, I thought it was pretty evenly reffed.

*shields head from the inevitable onslaught of "you SUCK, your a worthless TROLL, etc" posts that are sure to come.*:D

The holding call on Lilja was one of the worst I've ever seen

I'm assuming you meant to include "called against the Colts" at the end of that sentence. Given the small sample size, I would have to agree with you.

Seriously, and I mean this in the spirit of friendship, don't complain about any calls against the Colts. You will not be taken seriously.

BTW...it was pretty clear holding on Lilja. You might want to get another tape to watch. Or maybe you got a bad feed from CBS. It has been known to happen.

Did you even WATCH the game? Harrison was blocked by his OWN MAN on the Addai run. Watch the freakin tape.:rolleyes:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, there were bad calls on BOTH sides. The holding call on Lilja was one of the worst I've ever seen and Mathis/Freeney basically got TACKLED on every other play.

The two long PI calls were questionable, which accounted for most of the yardage, but other than that, I thought it was pretty evenly reffed.

*shields head from the inevitable onslaught of "you SUCK, your a worthless TROLL, etc" posts that are sure to come.*:D

Well, Phil Simms didn't agree with your version. Boomer Esiason doesn't agree with your version, and the game film doesn't agree with your version. Neither did ESPN's blog, or any other media outlet I've seen.

No, Harrison pushed down another Pat, not the other way around, it did look as if someone pushed Harrison from behind and the only person behind him was a colt.

Yes, the refs did an amazingly bad job during the whole game, it just happens that 80% of the bad calls went against the Pats

No, one of the defensive PI calls was questionable, the other was blatantly wrong. The offensive PI call was also blatantly wrong.

That's right, hide your head in the sand just like the rest of the NFL.

Signed,
THE EFF U CREW:D

The PI call on Hobbs was awful. Not only was it OPI but prevented him from making a INT. Just awful, I have no idea what the ref thought that he saw to make that call.

I'm assuming you meant to include "called against the Colts" at the end of that sentence. Given the small sample size, I would have to agree with you.

Seriously, and I mean this in the spirit of friendship, don't complain about any calls against the Colts. You will not be taken seriously.

BTW...it was pretty clear holding on Lilja. You might want to get another tape to watch. Or maybe you got a bad feed from CBS. It has been known to happen.

Yeah, you're right, I guess. This IS patsfans.com, afterall. It's not like logic and reason are the order of the day here.

It's all conspiracy theories, paid off refs, the league is out to get the pats, Polian is EVIL and Dungheap SUCKS around here. Which, I'll admit, is not a lot different than Indystar.

Oh well.........:D

Yeah, you're right, I guess. This IS patsfans.com, afterall. It's not like logic and reason are the order of the day here.

It's all conspiracy theories, paid off refs, the league is out to get the pats, Polian is EVIL and Dungheap SUCKS around here. Which, I'll admit, is not a lot different than Indystar.

Or Colts.com. Make any ant-colt comment over there and you are gone.

Being a homer myself, I have nothing against a stong lean to the home team on that teams fan site. But that one is absurd.

The calls were wrong. Horribly wrong. Whether it's because the officials blow or any other reason doesn't change the underlying issue. The calls were atrocious and stacked against the Patriots. You deny even that much, so that pretty much kills your credibility given how blatantly bad the calls were.

you are forgetting the 55 yard catch by Moss, and him getting speared blatantly by a colts player

im pretty sure that's still a penalty... at least for 31 other teams.

Not really what I meant. When you have a 146-25 yd edge in penalty yards, it makes little sense to complain about a 10 yard holding penalty. Holding penalties are dicey quite a bit of the time, but the one in question was definitely holding. Not the worst case I've ever sense, but certainly not the worst call in history that you are making it out to be.

There are lots of good points to be made about this game. Unfair penalties assessed against the Colts is probably not the place to go.

I would have loved to have seen that, plus the first three plays of the game. Another lame game played into the Pats/Indy game. I have the Sunday Ticket and the ticket was not on as it was broadcast locally. Maybe not a huge deal, but I want to see EVERY play.

It happened to us as well out in Southern California (SD/MIN finish cut off the beginning). We didn't get the broadcast until approximately 12:30 left in the first quarter. @#$&!!!!!!!! Years ago this wouldn't happened with Sunday Ticket. The NFL, networks, and DirecTV need to rectify this situation. Inexcusable to happen to the biggest regular season game ever.

It's funny to hear a Colt fan complain about our O-Line holding them, lol. Does he even watch his own team ? One of my favorite non-calls was on an Addai run, and Simms talks about how he makes the defender miss a tackle, meanwhile, the defender is flailing with one arm trying toget Addai, lol. It was Ty Warren, and you can see his jersey is ripped after the great BLOCK (teehhe)>

It happened to us as well out in Southern California (SD/MIN finish cut off the beginning). We didn't get the broadcast until approximately 12:30 left in the first quarter. @#$&!!!!!!!! Years ago this wouldn't happened with Sunday Ticket. The NFL, networks, and DirecTV need to rectify this situation. Inexcusable to happen to the biggest regular season game ever.

Usually if the local feed is not the game that is supposed to be broadcast due to the lateness of the earlier game ( 1pm game goes past 4 and the late game started) check the 700 channels and they usually will put it there until the local channel picks it up. It's annoying but that's what you get for $300 Sunday Ticket..

Prior to yesterday in 8 games, the Patriots were called for 37 penalties for 305 yards (4.6 per game for 38 yards average).
Yesterday they got called for 10 for 146, nearly half their total in 8 previous games........and more than they got called for in games against NYJ,Buff,Cinn,Dal and Wash- combined!!!!(136)
In statistics, they call that an outlier, and that pretty much sums it up....

Last edited:
they held quiet a bit..1 really stuck on to me before the Colvin recovery/int whatever its called

either our DL or Colvin got held blatantly as he took off to the right side..would've been an easy sack but hold..clearly saw the hands on jersey stretching it around the neck.

1 of the funnier penalties was "Offense #72..Leg Whipping"

i saw the replay and wow. ..i laughed but i am worried about our tackles against "good ends"

we got Schobel next..we got Suggs-Pryce..Kearse-Cole..Taylor..Strahan-Osi

thats not an easy list of fast DEs..i know we did well against Taylor and Schobel but i dont expect that kind of success everytime.

This is what will determine how far we go..our OL. Performance against Colts..that wont cut it.

Usually if the local feed is not the game that is supposed to be broadcast due to the lateness of the earlier game ( 1pm game goes past 4 and the late game started) check the 700 channels and they usually will put it there until the local channel picks it up. It's annoying but that's what you get for $300 Sunday Ticket..

Actually have tried this trick successfully in the past, but for some reason couldn't find it on the 700-series channels. And yes, it's very annoying considering the money I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket and the importance of this game. Thanks, nonetheless. Wish it would go back to the days where the game would be available on both local TV and NFL Sunday Ticket.

You clearly didn't watch the game.

It was NOT a fairly reffed game. But I wouldn't expect YOU to say any differently...

All I can say is you have got to be kidding me? 145 yards to 25? You ought to be ashamed of yourself. The score was 24 to 10 to 10 you certainly have to agree with that. Please do not respond. It's not even necessary.
As you said, "the two long P.I.'s". They changed the game sir!
P.S. Harrison pushed Gay, but they way I understand a block in the back was legal and superbly obvious on the Addai run, watch the tape again and look at Seau.
Why is it you guys always need the refs? You are a decent team. Kicked our butts up here last year and then two clunkers in a row by the refs. How much does Pollian pay? It makes it too obvious.
The Pollirefs tried to steal it from the Steelers in 2005. Pollian must have been livid.....Say wait a minute! Weren't the Pats favored by 5 and won by 4? Good job Guyido!
DW Toys

Ask yourselves...what is the motive? Why does the refs and goodell hate the pats so much? Why the big conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News