Welcome to PatsFans.com

146 Yards in penalties. Were the Colts that clean?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATSNUTme, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

If we hadn't have won the game, I wouldn't ask this question in a public forum. It would sound like excuse making.

Also, I want to say that I was impressed with the Colts. They are much better than I thought. They out hit us for almost 3 quarters of the game and looked like they were playing a faster speed than the Patriots.

However having said that, I'm wondering how the ref's can call all those penalties on the Patriots and so few on the Colts. Most of the penalties on the Patriots were deserved. But 3 or more were not.

Also, there were 2 or more flagrant penalties on the Colts that were not called. Were the ref's biased againts the Patriots? It sure seemed to be that way.

My avatar may be correct after all.:D

Hopefully the next time that they play the refs will keep the yellow flags in their pockets and let two very good team slug it out.

2. Dr Pain

Dr Pain Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A blind ref would not have only hit the Patriots, this was a dirty ref. I just read the Phil B blog at Indy star http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/ below are a couple of quotes from him

“The Patriots didn't benefit from at least a couple questionable calls, not to mention a couple more that could have gone their way.”

“8:36 - Refs called Randy Moss for pushing off on a jump ball. Sure the Patriots fans will have a field day with this, and rightfully so. Hate to say it, but looking at the replay, this was another bad call. Moss has pushed off a lot in his career, but this wasn't one of those times. If anything, he just kept Tim Jennings behind him with like a basketball move, like you would do when rebounding. That's at least two bad calls that favored the Colts. I'm not including what could have been defensive holding on Gary Brackett, who had an arm around Faulk. “

3. LoveDemPats

LoveDemPats Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We need a clearl list of the bad calls.

Starting with the freak'n coin toss that was flipped twice. the first time, it came up heads and that is what the pats called.

Unbelievable.

There were a bunch of bad calls. Not just two or three.

4. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Three PI calls (2 D, 1 O) accounted for huge chunks, but Indy did a good job of getting under the Pats skin and got them to commit some stupid ones. I was kind of surprised but things were a little chippy.

5. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -2

I missed the coin toss. Are you serious?

6. Dr Pain

Dr Pain Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about an out of bounds Colts catch being called in forcing the Patriots to challenge it. The refs were right there. So was Saint Dungy who didn’t do the right thing at all and tried to hurry up.

7. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +962 / 17 / -8

#3 Jersey

I can think of at least six:

* The Moorehead "completion" that the Pats had to challenge
    * Non-call of off. PI against Dallas Clark v. Rodney Harrison in the end zone.
    * Def. PI against Asante Samuel
    * Def. PI against Ellis Hobbs (that should have been off. PI on Reggie Wayne)
    * Non-call of holding against Brackett v. Kevin Faulk (the one that had Tom Brady p***ed)
    * Off. PI against Randy Moss

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I would have loved to have seen that, plus the first three plays of the game. Another lame game played into the Pats/Indy game. I have the Sunday Ticket and the ticket was not on as it was broadcast locally. Maybe not a huge deal, but I want to see EVERY play.

9. RoughingthePasser

RoughingthePasser Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just watched all the film.

There is clearly bias toward us.

There was a tom of holding by their Oline-just ask any of our guys.

The Colts arent for real. They cheat more than we do.

10. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is quite a list.

Can anyone imagine that this pattern of turpitude
    emerged from simply a regretable series of honest errors?

11. Arrrr

Arrrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

haha, the def pi where he KNOCKED him down? yeah bad call man.

12. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is why this BS officiating in Pats-Colts games can't be ignored any longer. It was the worst I've seen in this game. And since we won and are still complaining, it will get people's attention. But since we are the Pats nobody will care.

13. QuinielaBox

QuinielaBox Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In Indy and Denver, the Patriots do get screwed by the referees. I sincerely hope we crush Indianapolis 42-3 in Foxboro in January.

14. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, I saw that too..Dungheap was about 3 feet away standing there with his arms folded...doing nothing. Way to go LOSER

15. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Think about all the bad teams the Patriots we have had to put up with over the years (thread on Stupor Bowl). Now, fast forward to maybe the best Patriot team in its history. This team is the one who sets a record for most penalty yards in a game? I don't think so, only with help from the zebras.

16. abejarano12

abejarano12 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have always felt that the ref look for thing to call flags on the Patriots when the Colts and Pats play.

17. RPMCanes

RPMCanes Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Also looked like there was a wicked block in the back on Rodney Harrison during Addai's TD run. I hope those officials are reprimanded or punished in some way. That was the most poorly officiated game I've ever seen.

18. markd

markd On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think the one on Asante was right- it looked to me like he knew he was beat, and was saving a TD. All the others though. . . lets just say I'm glad my heart is healthy. ;-)

19. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

The last should have been Defensive PI ... The defender is clearly holding Moss' (right?) arm down.

20. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought the Samuel call was a good one as well, there was enough restriction to prevent the receiver from going for the ball.

However, did anyone else see the play where Colvin had his helmet taken off AFTER THE WHISTLE? He was looking at the ref like "are you going to call that?" Then just went and picked up his helmet and went back to the huddle, showing excellent restraint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.