PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Things to look forward to after the bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
1. Tom Brady is the greatest Quarterback of all time and the best in the game today. No disrespect to Packer fans. And knowing this, you know his bye will be all about improving even at an elite level of play like his. Bill Belichick outside of Vince Lombardi, is the next best coach in my eyes to ever step on a field... Give these two a bye with great talent around them and it could be very fun moving forward.

2. Running-Back Rotation - No one seems to talk about how BenJarvus Green-Ellis is one of the most valuable running backs in the NFL. His consistency, hard nose running and production level in and out of the backfield is very good. He doesn't fumble and is very good in or outside the numbers. Makes a difference on the NFL's best offense. With Kevin Faulk returning, the LSU and Patriot legend has so many ways of beating defenses especially on third downs. He is great at draws, screens and catching passes in the flats. Goalines are his specialty as well and brings some experience to that rotation. Danny Woodhead, the elusive all purpose weapon, once healthy will get more looks with Kevin being in the some of the same packages. Could spell alot of yards and touchdowns being many one on one situations to arise. Stevan Ridley - this guy who also played at LSU is a down hill, quick type of back who when given opportunies looked very good ... this rotation has the potential to take over games moving forward

3. Wes Welker, Deion Branch - Wes Welker for his size, route running, toughness, accelaration and hands make him pound for pound the best pure receiver in the game. And you know he is already dominant in the slot, now he has to be contended with on other areas of the field. Deion Branch, the former Superbowl MVP is still clutch, very smart, athletic, great at running routes and getting open. When some forget about him, he makes plays and can run after the catch as good as many in the NFL. Keep him and his ability in mind.

4. Chad Ochocinco - One of the best of his era, possible Hall of Famer and certainly the best Bengal Wide Receiver of all time can he finally step up and take over a game when called upon. Well I think the answer is yes, don't let him fool you into thinking that he lost a step or is getting old because neither is the case... Its all about him getting his mind right.

5. Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez - Rob Gronkowski is in conversation with Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten. Aaron Hernandez is compared to Dallas Clark with Jeremy Shockey's size.. Together with great hands and alot of talent make them the best Tight End duo in the NFL and they are back together again.

6. Offensive Line - Though a few mishaps, for the most part this offensive line has been dominant both in the run and pass. With guys like Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Sebastian Vollmer, Dan Koppen, Nate Solder, Matt Light and etc.. as they get healthy, should make it near impossible for defenses to get to Tom, after the bye.

7. Albert Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork - This duo is starting to dominate with one who is the best in the game not named Ndamokuh Suh/ or Haloti Ngata and the other who when healthy and motivated, is one of the best defensive players in the league. As Albert continues to get healthy, he continues to show why he was aquired and why he was former defensive MVP candidate. He draws triple teams, pushes offensive lineman into the Quarterback and into the running back on running plays. He is starting to do this on a consistent basis now as he continues to get healthy. Vince Wilfork on the other side simply demands attention and when not intercepting passes is stuffing runs and creating lanes for not just Linebackers but pass rushers like Anderson, Ellis and Andre Carter. After the bye week, look out.

8. Linebacking core - Jerod Mayo is top 5 Linebacker in this league coming back to team alongside another monster. Brandon Spikes, who is explosive and brings both intensity and power to go along with instincts during run and passing situations. Brandon Spikes shows that he can be a factor and a dominant player in the NFL. Not only that, but Dane Fletcher who as this squad gets more time together on the field, will look more and more impressive each time. Dane Fletcher, like the two mentioned above is extremely scentful to the ball and when focused and the switch is turned on can be highly effective.... Rob Ninkovich is no slouch either

9. Secondary - Four corners make a square, which should mean a trap. And in Devin McCourty, Leigh Bodden, Ras-I Dowling, and Kyle Arrington, you certainly have talent teams wish they had but its all about health and execution. Despite Devin McCourty's struggles this season a rookie season like last year is no fluke. This guy is talented and can play extremely well against many top flight receivers but just hasn't had the support and because of it, teams are constantly picking on him. But as Leigh Bodden, a very crafty and talented veteran has time to finally get healthy for the first time this season should take ALOT of pressure off of Devin. Not only that but Ras I Dowling, gifted rookie is versatile should contribute as well. And Kyle Arrington has turned the completly turned the page, as he leads the team and NFL in interceptions showing flashes of play making ability. Topple this with the impressive Pat Chung at safety, and you could be looking at a very strong unit moving forward.

10. Julian Edelman - this guy at one point in time was only behind Devin Hester in average of yards for punt returns. Do not forget about him.. all that needs to be said. He can be a very dangerous contributor and weapon to special teams and to the offense depending on his health and the health of others that he replaces.

Thanks for reading and stay optimistic..

thats what I call a positive post.....

....but i like it

1. Tom Brady is the greatest Quarterback of all time and the best in the game today. No disrespect to Packer fans. And knowing this, you know his bye will be all about improving even at an elite level of play like his. Bill Belichick outside of Vince Lombardi, is the next best coach in my eyes to ever step on a field... Give these two a bye with great talent around them and it could be very fun moving forward.

2. Running-Back Rotation - No one seems to talk about how BenJarvus Green-Ellis is one of the most valuable running backs in the NFL. His consistency, hard nose running and production level in and out of the backfield is very good. He doesn't fumble and is very good in or outside the numbers. Makes a difference on the NFL's best offense. With Kevin Faulk returning, the LSU and Patriot legend has so many ways of beating defenses especially on third downs. He is great at draws, screens and catching passes in the flats. Goalines are his specialty as well and brings some experience to that rotation. Danny Woodhead, the elusive all purpose weapon, once healthy will get more looks with Kevin being in the some of the same packages. Could spell alot of yards and touchdowns being many one on one situations to arise. Stevan Ridley - this guy who also played at LSU is a down hill, quick type of back who when given opportunies looked very good ... this rotation has the potential to take over games moving forward

3. Wes Welker, Deion Branch - Wes Welker for his size, route running, toughness, accelaration and hands make him pound for pound the best pure receiver in the game. And you know he is already dominant in the slot, now he has to be contended with on other areas of the field. Deion Branch, the former Superbowl MVP is still clutch, very smart, athletic, great at running routes and getting open. When some forget about him, he makes plays and can run after the catch as good as many in the NFL. Keep him and his ability in mind.

4. Chad Ochocinco - One of the best of his era, possible Hall of Famer and certainly the best Bengal Wide Receiver of all time can he finally step up and take over a game when called upon. Well I think the answer is yes, don't let him fool you into thinking that he lost a step or is getting old because neither is the case... Its all about him getting his mind right.

5. Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez - Rob Gronkowski is in conversation with Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten. Aaron Hernandez is compared to Dallas Clark with Jeremy Shockey's size.. Together with great hands and alot of talent make them the best Tight End duo in the NFL and they are back together again.

6. Offensive Line - Though a few mishaps, for the most part this offensive line has been dominant both in the run and pass. With guys like Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Sebastian Vollmer, Dan Koppen, Nate Solder, Matt Light and etc.. as they get healthy, should make it near impossible for defenses to get to Tom, after the bye.

7. Albert Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork - This duo is starting to dominate with one who is the best in the game not named Ndamokuh Suh/ or Haloti Ngata and the other who when healthy and motivated, is one of the best defensive players in the league. As Albert continues to get healthy, he continues to show why he was aquired and why he was former defensive MVP candidate. He draws triple teams, pushes offensive lineman into the Quarterback and into the running back on running plays. He is starting to do this on a consistent basis now as he continues to get healthy. Vince Wilfork on the other side simply demands attention and when not intercepting passes is stuffing runs and creating lanes for not just Linebackers but pass rushers like Anderson, Ellis and Andre Carter. After the bye week, look out.

8. Linebacking core - Jerod Mayo is top 5 Linebacker in this league coming back to team alongside another monster. Brandon Spikes, who is explosive and brings both intensity and power to go along with instincts during run and passing situations. Brandon Spikes shows that he can be a factor and a dominant player in the NFL. Not only that, but Dane Fletcher who as this squad gets more time together on the field, will look more and more impressive each time. Dane Fletcher, like the two mentioned above is extremely scentful to the ball and when focused and the switch is turned on can be highly effective.... Rob Ninkovich is no slouch either

9. Secondary - Four corners make a square, which should mean a trap. And in Devin McCourty, Leigh Bodden, Ras-I Dowling, and Kyle Arrington, you certainly have talent teams wish they had but its all about health and execution. Despite Devin McCourty's struggles this season a rookie season like last year is no fluke. This guy is talented and can play extremely well against many top flight receivers but just hasn't had the support and because of it, teams are constantly picking on him. But as Leigh Bodden, a very crafty and talented veteran has time to finally get healthy for the first time this season should take ALOT of pressure off of Devin. Not only that but Ras I Dowling, gifted rookie is versatile should contribute as well. And Kyle Arrington has turned the completly turned the page, as he leads the team and NFL in interceptions showing flashes of play making ability. Topple this with the impressive Pat Chung at safety, and you could be looking at a very strong unit moving forward.

10. Julian Edelman - this guy at one point in time was only behind Devin Hester in average of yards for punt returns. Do not forget about him.. all that needs to be said. He can be a very dangerous contributor and weapon to special teams and to the offense depending on his health and the health of others that he replaces.

I didn't read it. It was too long. If I wanted to read that much I would pick up a book.

Pretty spot on except for #2, BJGE for many of us talk about how valuable he is for the reasons you note.

I didn't read it. It was too long. If I wanted to read that much I would pick up a book.

I didn't read this, because it was friggin' stupid.

My 15 things to look forward to.

10 regular season games
1 first round bye
3 playoff games

and 1 Jets implosion.

im looking forward to seeing hayneswoth at 100% on one of carters sacks 3 guys where blocking haynesworth if he plays like that come playoff time the pats will get ring #4

This should be printed on the front page of the Homerville Times.:D I have a lifetime subscription:rocker:.

Who Cares?! Sounds Great NEPettyOfficer!
My Father was a Petty Officer On USS Missouri Peace Treaty Signing WWII. lol

Plus the Jets will be 3-4... :)

It's not that you typed this. It's hitting the submit button that makes you look bad.

Last edited:
That was like reading a bed time story. Thank you very much.

Except for the part about Ochostinko who is on pace to produce fewer catches, yards and TDs than Brandon Tate put up last season, the offense and the coach entries were correct, especially if Vollmer isn't done.

The defensive stuff was pure fantasy. The d-line hasn't shown us a lot yet, except for Vince and Andre Carter. The LBs are a mediocrity so far, particularly with Mayo's injury, and the DBs are awful against any quarterback whose coach gives him the green light to throw the ball past five yards. (Seriously, Sanchez and Romo have the shortest leashes for any veteran QBs we've seen since Tony Eason.)

Fortunately the next game is against Ben "The Punching Bag" Roethlisberger and a terrible/injured offensive line. Stop Mendenhall, kick a field goal, win the game. The Steelers will add to the Patriots' defensive confidence.

Don't get me wrong, this Patriots team can run the table if all the cylinders fire. But let's be cautious about Ocho giving this team anything at all, and not overlook the fundamental weaknesses of this defense until they hold a team or two under 300 yards and 17 points/game.

Last edited:
Nicely done, helped me forget half the material posted in the "adios ocho ola moss" thread, including my own.

enjoyed the optimism, tnx for the effort Pettyofficer

Nice optimism but if our coaching staff was this happy we'd betting ourselves up for a final record of 5-11. While we are one of the best teams in Football right now we still have a lot of work to do. The league is more competitive than ever, which is crazy to say that in a year that Peyton Manning hasn't even put on a pair of shoulder pads yet.

Don't be so quick to praise our entire team. Whenever people do this their next post is usually an "It's the end of the world!!11!" type post.

This should be printed on the front page of the Homerville Times.:D I have a lifetime subscription:rocker:.

You mean this isn't this week's edition........ :D

From one homer to the next......... Great post.

Other than cringing at the stuff on secondary, edelman, and ochocinco, it got me pumped up. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back