PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1-5 scale, how worried are you we will lose?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How nervous are you about the Ravens game this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty nervous, wondering how others feel.
You should have included confident that the pats will win, which i am. While i realize the Ravens can/could win. if the pats come out like they did last week they Should win the game.

Last edited:
How can you say that with the pats horrible defense? With flacco deep throws, the pats would be lucky to hold the ravens than 28.

The defense isn't horrible anymore. With Spikes and Chung back and McCourty at FS some of the time, they'll be just fine. And Flacco is a bum.

I think it will be very close as it usually is but we will come out with a win. I say it'll be less than 7 points though.

I may be an outlier but I voter 1) No worries. Of course I could be wrong! The perspective that I am considering is based on the fact that a lot has been made of the fact that we did not beat a "winning" team. Several of these "loser" teams are "losers" because when they had us on the ropes, we fought back and knocked them out.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Pats win by 14 or so. Ravens won't score more than 20. My only worry is that the Pats screw themselves over.

Have any of the recent Conference championship games been one sided or easy in the recent past ? Almost all of them become very close in most occasions so 14pt win is highly unlikely

How can you say that with the pats horrible defense? With flacco deep throws, the pats would be lucky to hold the ravens than 28.
Are you kidding? You need to check your stats... When was the last time Flacco threw for 4 tds???

You should have included confident that the pats will win, which i am. While i realize the Ravens can/could win if the pats come out like they did last week they Should win the game.

That would be 1, the 'no worries' answer.

Have any of the recent Conference championship games been one sided or easy in the recent past ? Almost all of them become very close in most occasions so 14pt win is highly unlikely

8 of the last 22 conference championship games were won by at least 14 points. Not so many recently, but it's not completely unheard of.

8 of the last 22 conference championship games were won by at least 14 points. Not so many recently, but it's not completely unheard of.

Are you kidding? You need to check your stats... When was the last time Flacco threw for 4 tds???

Flacco leads the league in deep throws...the patriots give up the most deep throws...

Just because they stopped tebow doesn't meant the pats defense can stop a somewhat established qb.

Flacco leads the league in deep throws...the patriots give up the most deep throws...

Just because they stopped tebow doesn't meant the pats defense can stop a somewhat established qb.

Ummm Ok. You are right... The Ravens are a passing team.

Ummm Ok. You are right... The Ravens are a passing team.

Not a passing team, but just like tebow they will surprise you with long pass every couple of downs.

The pats defense could get burned if they underestimate flacco.

The Patriots have given up the most 20+ yard plays, but not many 40+ yard plays. Does anyone have a breakdown of the 20+ yard plays we've given up? I'd bet the majority are short plays going for big gains because we had a major tackling issue.

That would be 1, the 'no worries' answer.
Just cause i'm confident doesn't mean i don't have some worries....What if the pats don't come out firing on all cylinders? Ballless is a tough team, Flacco could get hot....who knows. These are the things that keep me up at night, besides working the third shift. :D

Here is how worried I am.

I guarantee a victory.

Not really worried at all. I live (Yeah I know, but right across the bridge from Louisville KY, so I am not some country boy.) in Indiana, about an hour and a half from Indy.

I voted "Not worried at all", I have already taken a vacation day for Feb. 6th at work, because I know I am going to Indy on the 5th to watch the Patriots win in Mannings' back yard.

I am going to LOVE rubbing it in all these damn Colts fans faces :rocker:

I'm suprisingly confident. I think we match up well against the Ravens and I think this really is the year. I also think the constant questioning of the defense this season is a good thing, because it gives them extra motivation. You look at the 2001 season, nobody gave them a chance to beat the Greatest Show on Turf. I recently saw the SI 2001 season preview and they predicted the Pats to be last in the AFC East and ranked them 23rd overall. In 2003 the "team hated their coach" and nobody gave them a chance after that start to the season. 2004 was the season they were trying to prove you could go back to back and build a dynasty in the salary cap era. And 2007 was spygate, and the quest to prove the haters wrong. I honestly believe if it wasn't for spygate, that team wouldn't have gone 16-0 in the regular season. I think that extra motivation really helped them go to another gear when they needed to. So I think we have seen the Patriots play best when they are doubted or they have something to prove, and with the disrespect this defence has recieved, I really think they have something to prove.

Just cause i'm confident doesn't mean i don't have some worries....What if the pats don't come out firing on all cylinders? Ballless is a tough team, Flacco could get hot....who knows. These are the things that keep me up at night, besides working the third shift. :D
You should try listening to some Beethoven to pass the time. :D

Last edited:

Because there are enough grizzled vets around who are sick of getting close (warren, Ellis) coupled with enough grizzled vets who have been there and want back in, coupled with some young guys who are tired of hearing the stories

If the DL reproduces last weeks effort, this will be a blowout ....
- ravens on the road suck
- ravens are good at taking away a single primary offensive threat. Pats will be wide open all game because of the fact that the pats have 4 guys who can all be primary targets in a playoff game
- because history does not repeat itself

Around 2-3, first incomplete pass or sack and I am at 5. Even if Rice scores on the first play again I won't be nervous until the offense messes up.

I'd lay 2-1 or 3-1 odds on a Pats win. I think that puts me at about 3.5 on your scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News