PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1-5 scale, how worried are you we will lose?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How nervous are you about the Ravens game this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been bouncing between 2 and 4 most of the week. Settled on 3 for the poll, though I'm actually feeling closer to 3.5.

I don't think the Pats will beat themselves. At least, I hope not. The Pats' offense is very strong and versatile with the 2TE attack, though I'm always concerned that some DC is going to "solve" it at some point - just hope it's not till next season (if ever). The Pats defense (as long as they don't let down or panic) seems adequate to keep the Ravens "normal" game from outscoring the Pats offense.

That said, I still feel like the Ravens have the ability to go all-in and pull a game for the ages out of their butts, especially their defense, though their offense can "click" as well.

Pats "A" game vs. Ravens "A" game = white-knuckle Pats win.
Pats "A-" game vs. Ravens "A+" game = close Ravens win
Pats "B" game vs. Ravens "A" game = clear Ravens win.
Pats "A" game vs. Ravens "B" game = clear Pats win.

The Pats need to execute to near-perfection (for them) on both sides of the ball and hope that the Ravens make a couple mistakes, or it will be a long, tense afternoon.

Generic "any given Sunday" worry.
But deep down, I have felt pats are going to
nuke em. peaking, healthy, hungry, refuse to lose attitude.
No-huddle, quick release, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker.
Thick run stopping LBs are no match

Early measure to watch, how soon do Raven's players
lie on the ground, faking injury
to try and catch their breath?

Pleasant idle daydreams:
Raven floodgates then open on their attitude about Flacco,
frustrations exploding after years of impotent offense.

1st quarter, Ray gasping from attempts at pass coverage,
on the sidelines, reaching for the O2.

A fun post-game clip of Ray's vent after his bad, very bad
last day.
Pats ran up the score, showing us
so much disrespect.
Because football is about respect,
and we have been dis-repected,
and that is not respectful.

Suggs begs BB post-game to come to NE, grabs him, refuses to let go.
Offers to do an Uggs ad.
:rocker:

Been bouncing between 2 and 4 most of the week. Settled on 3 for the poll, though I'm actually feeling closer to 3.5.

I don't think the Pats will beat themselves. At least, I hope not. The Pats' offense is very strong and versatile with the 2TE attack, though I'm always concerned that some DC is going to "solve" it at some point - just hope it's not till next season (if ever). The Pats defense (as long as they don't let down or panic) seems adequate to keep the Ravens "normal" game from outscoring the Pats offense.

That said, I still feel like the Ravens have the ability to go all-in and pull a game for the ages out of their butts, especially their defense, though their offense can "click" as well.

Pats "A" game vs. Ravens "A" game = white-knuckle Pats win.
Pats "A-" game vs. Ravens "A+" game = close Ravens win
Pats "B" game vs. Ravens "A" game = clear Ravens win.
Pats "A" game vs. Ravens "B" game = clear Pats win.

The Pats need to execute to near-perfection (for them) on both sides of the ball and hope that the Ravens make a couple mistakes, or it will be a long, tense afternoon.

OTOH (and here I go into manic mode, again)

It's possible that the Pats 2TE attack is even more unstoppable than I think and that the defense will have the Ravens offense as well-diagnosed as they did the Broncos and will execute every bit as well as they did against the Broncos. A blowout by the Pats would be very gratifying, might make both NFC teams a bit nervous and would likely help a lot of TEs get overdrafted in 2012.

I'm moving up into the 3.5 to 4 zone

4 hours 24 minutes

It's game day, a four is par for the course for me.

Holy crap I am worried as hell. To me this game is all about Brady. If he isn't on, we are effed

When was the last game the pats won without getting a turnover on defense ?Iam not questioning your post..just wondering about that stat. Makes it paramount we get a turnover or two ..

We only had one game this year that we did not force a turnover and we won, vs the Jets.
Last year we beat Baltimore without forcing a turnover.

going all the way back to 2007, we have had a total of 10 games without forcing a turnover and are 6-4. 6-4 without getting a turnover is remarkable, but the fact that there have only been 10 games in the past 86 that we haven't forced a turnover is mind boggling.

Holy crap I am worried as hell. To me this game is all about Brady. If he isn't on, we are effed

You're worried because you think the game depends on Tom Brady?

As long as the Pats play their game, it's going to go well. They're peaking at the right time.

Last edited:
1-2. I'm feeling very confident in a big win -- something like 30-13.

The defense has been gelling and this is not a great offense with a weak Flacco feeling the pressure. Spikes and Chung look fresh, and the D-line is feeling it.

Brady will pick them apart in the short/mid game with the Welker, Gronk, Hernandez.

Every one is motivated, but Brady is super-motivated. Lewis always is too, but the MLB can only do so much compared to a QB.

I'm pretty worried right now :( .

Let's go Patriots !

We only had one game this year that we did not force a turnover and we won, vs the Jets.
Last year we beat Baltimore without forcing a turnover.

going all the way back to 2007, we have had a total of 10 games without forcing a turnover and are 6-4. 6-4 without getting a turnover is remarkable, but the fact that there have only been 10 games in the past 86 that we haven't forced a turnover is mind boggling.
That is an unbelievable stat of 10games without a TO. Is this a trend across the league ?

We've had three disasters in a row. Ravens, Giants, Jets.

If the trend continues, we lose today.

I hope Brady's nerves of steel that made him the post-season winner in his early career have returned.

Im actually less worried than before. I dont know if that is good or bad. Im sure if they get off to a slow start then im going to be pulling my hair out though.

About a 4. Ravens tend to play to the level of their competition and I expect them to be on their game today. Pats have not played a good team in weeks either. The ravens have a great D and if they can put pressure on Brady it will be a long game. I think they can win but defense wins championships as they say so I may have to lean slightly toward the ravens this game.

Iam at 10 now. By gametime who knows :(

I guess I look at this game differently than some other fans do; 'worried' never entered my mind prior to seeing this thread.

If the Pats lose, they lose; I still got to enjoy a great ride and a very good season. Is there some terrible fate that is going to befall me if they lose that I am not aware of that I should be concerned about?

The Patriots have won three championships. On average a fan of any team should be expected to see a championship once every 32 years, with the first coming 16 years after rooting for that team. In the last decade I've witnessed what should happen in a lifetime, eighty years. I'm playing with house money at this point.

Worried? No. I'm hoping that they'll win and I believe they have a good chance to do just that; I'm cautiously optimistic of a victory. What is it that I'm supposed to be worrying about?

Exactly how i see it. I would add that i think this is the start of another run where they are in this position for the next 4-5 years. They will win some and lose some, but ultimately come away with more Lombardis. Hopefully 1 will be this year.

This about sums it up for me:

:scared:

Actually voted #3 on the list...

As much I love the late game, I am glad they are playing early so we can get it over with. My anxiety was low all week, now it is high as ever..lol...Now I am unsure about what is going to happen.

#3. A little. Mostly because it's for the AFC Championship, and I think Suggs is not above taking a shot at Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes