PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1-5 scale, how worried are you we will lose?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How nervous are you about the Ravens game this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am pretty nervous, wondering how others feel.

I'm at a 5 :(

2.....earlier in the week I think I would have said 4, but the Ravens seem a bit out of whack if you will.

It wouldn't matter who the opponent is. This could be the Dan Orlovsky-led Indianapolis Colts, and I'd still be unable to concentrate and obsessed with game predictions.

After the events that have ended our seasons since 2004, I don't know how anyone could not be worried. I am confident in these guys, but I've learned never to get too confident in a sport that is often decided by the way an oval ball bounces on a single play.

Last edited:
Just curious....for those who are answering 4 or 5, what is making you feel so worried!! :eek:

2. If we play the way we are capable, then we should win. It will take an excellent game for the Ravens to beat us. It can happen, but if we play them 10 times, i feel we win 7 of them.

Also, nice choice list to choose from. A good range and tones expressed.

Just curious....for those who are answering 4 or 5, what is making you feel so worried!! :eek:

I answered 4. Frankly, I am scared of their defense. I am worried Brady is going to get rattled early, start throwing just a little less accurately, and boom. We're screwed.

I pray to Tebus that this doesn't happen.

Note this is anxiety speaking, not reason. I also think our OLine is the best it has been in a long time, Brady is playing great, our defense is clicking. Rationally, I should be at a 2 or 3. But I am a Boston sports fan.

I think a 1 is as irrational as a 5.

in this moment i'm at nr 2 - sunday evening when meeting will start i don't know...

For any fan brand new to the NFL who doesn't know what the "any given Sunday" rule is, they would need look no further than some of the season-ending Pats games since '04 to get a pretty good grasp on the concept.

But, I still think they'll win this one.

5 because any given Sunday. I just can't be confident ever since that Jets loss.

Last edited:
I was a 5, but once Rex Ryan guarenteed a Raven's win I became a 1.

Any given Sunday also applies to the Ravens.

We are going to win this game, maybe a close one, but nontheless a win. Lets hope they do this for Myra

It wouldn't matter who the opponent is. This could be the Dan Orlovsky-led Indianapolis Colts, and I'd still be unable to concentrate and obsessed with game predictions.

After the events that have ended our seasons since 2004, I don't know how anyone could not be worried. I am confident in these guys, but I've learned never to get too confident in a sport that is often decided by the way an oval ball bounces on a single play.

Aside from the 5, I agree 100%. I'm more of a 3 or 4 depending on my mood or a new breakdown I read. :)

I am worried that they will get to TFB! And that the D won't hold up! But other than that...

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

Last edited:
I'm at a #1 here. I will bet my entire life on the Patriots winning this. How do you stop Gronk, Welker, Hernandez and Branch?

I'm at a #1 here. I will bet my entire life on the Patriots winning this. How do you stop Gronk, Welker, Hernandez and Branch?

I was like that last season against the Jets, that worked out well...

The paradox of a clutchFive would've been interesting, like having a clutch panic attack.

Last edited:
I am pretty nervous, wondering how others feel.

Great poll because it's worded so well. You pretty much capture the range of feelings that I have before different games. This week I'm feeling "a little anxious" and that's how I voted. I think we win, but I'm definitely anxious. Last week was definitely "hope we don't beat ourselves."

Happily, I haven't had the "Oh crap the sky is falling" feeling in a long time...in fact, the only time I've had it before a game since 2002 was right after Tommy went down in 2008; and, even that didn't last very long. (Of course, I also had it right after the catch that we do not mention was made in the game that we do not discuss.)

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes