PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your reaction if Drew Bledsoe win a Super Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeSixPat said:
But it seems like some go to great lenghts to villify the guy, and in particular point to the fact that he spoke up & stood up for himself with his coaches after coming back from his injury to regain his starting job as evidence that he was effectively some kindof a team cancer.

Truthfully, if the Bledsoe backers would just let the legend die, this would have all passed some time ago, and I wouldn't give a flip whether he wins the thing or not.

And the whole "spoke up & stood up for himself" nonsense? Please. He can speak up for himself to the coach. Coach says sorry, we've made our choice. That should be the end of the matter. It's not an invitation to now go talk to the owner and feed your dissatisfaction (off the record) to Borges and Cafardo.

I'm not saying he was a team cancer. I'm just saying the "good soldier" stuff is bull.

That's just not the case IMO and I certainly think we were better off with Bledsoe than we would have been with a lot of QBs over his tenure with the Patriots - including Rick Mirer.

Nice strawman. Forget Mirer. There were plenty of other QBs of that era who outperformed Bledsoe.

I just want people to see Bledsoe for what he is. He isn't all that great, and he isn't all that classy. He is at best a good quarterback (at times in his career very good), but rarely good in clutch situations. He has poor mobility, his fundamentals have been shaky, he holds the ball too long, he doesn't read the field well, and he's too stubborn to take what the defense gives him. To succeed in the NFL, he needs a good line, good running game, and reliable receivers - a criteria that can be said for any average quarterback in the league.

Wow! What a great thread. It really has brought the old debate back, hasn't it?

My reaction if Drew wins the SB will be shock. What AFC team is going to lose to the AAA NFC? There are still 5 AFC teams that should be able to beat anyone from the NFC.

Beyond that, my happiness for Drew would be overwhelmed by the putrid talk we'd have to endure about TO, Glenn, Tuna, America's Team, etc. It would make me sick. In fact, I hope Dallas doesn't make it to the SB, because we'd hear that garbage for two weeks. Of course, if the Patriots had to listen to that garbage, they'd bite their tongues, then go out and kick butt like they've always done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back