PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your pats favourite game ever(Superbowl victories not considered)

patriot 84

Rookie
Reaction score
So guys here is a nice one for you:

What's your favourite pats game ever? the only you have the best memories of?

Well,my favourite one is the Bledsoe's 70 passes against the Wikins in 1994 of whom i'm still looking to add to my pats video library,particularly considering that we were 20-6 down at Halftime,followed by the snowy 59-0 trashing of the Titans at Gillette in 2009 and the Conference semifinals foggy victory over the Steelers at Foxboro in January 1997(28-3) in which Curtis Martin really became of age scoring a hattrick of td's including a 78 yards td run.

Say your's favourite now.
GO PATS!!!

Hey whats happening. First post here.

My favorite Patriots game was the second AFC Championship they won in Pittsburgh. I *hate* the Steelers more than any other team in sports, so it was particularly satisfying. Loved Brady shredding them and loved Harrison's INT TD and that it was in their stadium. I also love that Steelers fans are still pissed about it. That was a great playoff run.

Honorable Mentions:
-The Vikings game you mentioned. I live in Pennsylvania and I somehow got WBZ in on my radio and caught the whole thing.
-Late 90s game vs Buffalo when they called pass inteference on the hail mary and then Bledsoe hit Coates for the TD on an untimed play.
-Both Colts wins in the playoffs. Manning hadthe records those years but couldn't get it done outside in January.
-And lastly the other AFC Title win in Pittsburgh. Great game but esp when Drew came back in to help win. I was always a Drew guy so it was awesome.

Hey whats happening. First post here.

My favorite Patriots game was the second AFC Championship they won in Pittsburgh. I *hate* the Steelers more than any other team in sports, so it was particularly satisfying. Loved Brady shredding them and loved Harrison's INT TD and that it was in their stadium. I also love that Steelers fans are still pissed about it. That was a great playoff run.

Honorable Mentions:
-The Vikings game you mentioned. I live in Pennsylvania and I somehow got WBZ in on my radio and caught the whole thing.
-Late 90s game vs Buffalo when they called pass inteference on the hail mary and then Bledsoe hit Coates for the TD on an untimed play.
-Both Colts wins in the playoffs. Manning hadthe records those years but couldn't get it done outside in January.
-And lastly the other AFC Title win in Pittsburgh. Great game but esp when Drew came back in to help win. I was always a Drew guy so it was awesome.

Typical Pats fan to hate the Steelers!
Well,i have in my video library the Steelers playoff wins you mentioned,i once remember Gino Capelletti during a radio play by play broadcast going "i always cheer to a Pittsburgh loss!"....nothing else to say on that.

Well,about the late 90's game against the Bills,as i live near the Aviano armed forced base,i got that one trough AFN ATLANTIC 106 fm,connect whit Patriots Rock Radio Network,and finishing late in the night,but i still recall Gill Santos screaming UNBELIVABLE!UNBELIVABLE!UNBELIVABLE!!! after Coates scored and me cheering in bed whit my headphones set on.....UNBELIVABLE INDEED IT WAS!!!

For me, it's the 2004 (technically 2005) Divisional Game against the Colts.

Manning has record setting year, and he has three receivers with 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs each. Unheard of stuff.

Meanwhile we're missing Richard Seymour and Ty Law. Who do we have covering this prolific passing attack, undrafted rookie Randall Gay starting and wide receiver Troy Brown covering the slot.

That's right, and we all know the outcome, 20-3 Pats. I still find that to be absolutely UNBELIEVABLE and the game that has a special place in my heart.

12/22/86 - the epic MNF back-and-forth battle between the Marino Dolphins & Grogan Pats, the latter fighting for the division title, their only route to postseason. It was dramatically entertaining through the last game-winning drive. The broadcast frequently cut to a would-be playoff qualifying celebration by the Bengals. I will never forget how Esiason and Collinsworth went from unrestrained glee to funereal grimness :p

WBZ was my out-of-state lifeline for non-TV coverage in the 90s as well; I could usually catch the second half of a late game, though it was weird hearing Gil & Gino occasionally overlaid with Arabic love songs ("Habibi! Aaaaah, ahh, aaaahhh, haaaaabiiiibiiii!" :p)...

For me, it's the 2004 (technically 2005) Divisional Game against the Colts.

Manning has record setting year, and he has three receivers with 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs each. Unheard of stuff.

Meanwhile we're missing Richard Seymour and Ty Law. Who do we have covering this prolific passing attack, undrafted rookie Randall Gay starting and wide receiver Troy Brown covering the slot.

That's right, and we all know the outcome, 20-3 Pats. I still find that to be absolutely UNBELIEVABLE and the game that has a special place in my heart.

From a Broncos fan, this is one of the games I best remember. (aside from Pat-Bronco clashes) I remember Brady and Co. stomping the crap out of the Colts, while Manning just looked so helpless and confused out there. It was the game that first started shaping my opinions of Manning & Brady, in respect to each other. It's not a fully rational way to form an opinion, but still... watching Manning struggle so completely and utterly, after all the regular season hype, is why I have a hard time celebrating the Broncos getting him in free agency. The Patriots just made them look silly that day.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back