PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your name is Woody Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
You're a billionaire, so that's cool, but you're also a giant idiot, and you're the Jerry Jones of the AFC (the no o-line one). Actually, you're much, much worse than Jerry Jones, because he knows more about football then you do. So as far as NFL owners go, you basically fail, and now you have a decision to make.

To keep Rex Ryan beyond 2014, or to fire him and maybe have him get the job in Buffalo or something?

The Jets have played the cream of the crop for NFL elite quarterbacks with no relief, and they've kept all the games close, and closer and closer as they want on.

They came up short but they'll probably go on some little tear now against inferior QB play.

Also, 1-6 lulz

If I was a billionaire and owned a real football team, I'd also make myself gm and want to meddle in team affairs. So I can't really blame him/them. But of course I'd never hire Rex and iDzik.

To answer your question = I would keep Rex Ryan as the head coach. Although many here will not agree with me, one of the bigger issues I have with the firing of coaches in the professional sports arena is the fact that many cases see an inferior coach brought in as a replacement.

If Johnson is going to bring in John Gruden, Bill Cowher, etc---then yes...I would consider a change. If he is going to bring someone in who is the same or worse as Ryan, which is often the case, then it's a no-brainer. I think you keep the coach who is more established, even if he isn't seeing current success at the moment.

What the NY Jets need the most is a capable quarterback, and some talent surrounding him. Having poor QB play and a lack of offensive weapons isn't going to get them anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back