PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why we should be routing for the Colt's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike last year, this year I have a direct interest in the game. I want the Bears to win, hopefully by something like 35-3. I detest the Colts. I dislike Manning and his whining mannerisms on the field. I dislike the Manning family for the Eli drama. I dislike the way the media fawns over the Mannings (not Peyton's fault, but Peyton winning a championship would make sports tv unbearable to watch and that's just about the ONLY thing I watch on TV when working out/doing chores). I detest Colts fans and their irrational bashing of Belichick. I detest Polian and his attitude that whatever helps the Colts is good for the NFL. I detest Vinatieri for not being honest about simply not wanting to be back with the Pats, and instead making it seem like he was forced to take the Colts offer. I sure as hell do not want him to get a fourth ring at the Pats expense.
It's embarrassing the way the Pats lost last Sunday and the Colts winning would make it a perpetual embarrassment. Nothing the Pats could do in the future would ever make up for that (well, maybe winning 4 in a row, but that's not likely). If the Colts lost though, that embarrassing game would just be a historical footnote.

I like this Bears team. I have much more respect for how they won, than for what the Colts did. The Colts simply ran their offense against a tired, talentless defense whose coaching staff made NO adjustments. The Bears defense toughed out a gritty first half against a talented offense and won the game in spite of their not too bright QB. I don't understand why some people feel that Peyton winning would mean that the Colts will not be competitive next year. Their defense is fairly young and Harrison's skills don't appear to be fading. If the Colts won this year, all next year it would be "can they repeat?". The media would NOT abandon the Peyton hype machine, it would just get worse. "Peyton not getting the monkey off his back" is a redundant story that I find far more tolerable than "how many rings can Peyton win before he retires" or "will the Colts repeat" or "are the Colts now in the Pats head" or "are the Colts or the Pats the team of the decade".

I will be rooting for the Colt's at the Super Bowl and here is why. First and foremost, I still hate the Bears for SB20. Not that we lost, but the whole Super Bowl Shuffle, disrespecting their opponents, and putting the Fridge in to score instead of Walter Peyton. I can't stand Ditka, as a coach or an announcer.

This is Manning's chance to win the SB. If he can get this last monkey off his back and win, I think that it will be such a burden off him and a releif that I don't think he will have the desire as much. If the Colts win they will be one and done, just like the Steelers, Buccaneers and Ravens. I'm tired of dealing the the Colts in the post season so, let them win it and the fade away. Then Manning will live off that one SB victory for the rest of his career, just like Brett Favre ( another one and done champion. I also admire Manning for putting the record straight and calling the Patriots "classy" after we took a week of crap from the Chargers.

That's one thing unique about Brady. Since he won it early in his career, he got a taste and desire for it that will never go away. I already can't wait for next year

No thanks - I sleep well knowing manning does not have a superbowl victory.

Unlike last year, this year I have a direct interest in the game. I want the Bears to win, hopefully by something like 35-3. I detest the Colts. I dislike Manning and his whining mannerisms on the field. I dislike the Manning family for the Eli drama. I dislike the way the media fawns over the Mannings (not Peyton's fault, but Peyton winning a championship would make sports tv unbearable to watch and that's just about the ONLY thing I watch on TV when working out/doing chores). I detest Colts fans and their irrational bashing of Belichick. I detest Polian and his attitude that whatever helps the Colts is good for the NFL. I detest Vinatieri for not being honest about simply not wanting to be back with the Pats, and instead making it seem like he was forced to take the Colts offer. I sure as hell do not want him to get a fourth ring at the Pats expense.
It's embarrassing the way the Pats lost last Sunday and the Colts winning would make it a perpetual embarrassment. Nothing the Pats could do in the future would ever make up for that (well, maybe winning 4 in a row, but that's not likely). If the Colts lost though, that embarrassing game would just be a historical footnote.

I like this Bears team. I have much more respect for how they won, than for what the Colts did. The Colts simply ran their offense against a tired, talentless defense whose coaching staff made NO adjustments. The Bears defense toughed out a gritty first half against a talented offense and won the game in spite of their not too bright QB. I don't understand why some people feel that Peyton winning would mean that the Colts will not be competitive next year. Their defense is fairly young and Harrison's skills don't appear to be fading. If the Colts won this year, all next year it would be "can they repeat?". The media would NOT abandon the Peyton hype machine, it would just get worse. "Peyton not getting the monkey off his back" is a redundant story that I find far more tolerable than "how many rings can Peyton win before he retires" or "will the Colts repeat" or "are the Colts now in the Pats head" or "are the Colts or the Pats the team of the decade".

That pretty much sums it up.

If the Colts get embarassed in the Superbowl it makes their win over NE virtually meaningless, and also any time a Colt's fan brings it up to me I can remind them of the thrashing they got from the bears to silence them.

Peyton Manning gets a ring and in the eyes of all NFL writers he will be undeniably > Tom Brady, trust me you don't want Manning to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe