PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's startin at FS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbsownscoles

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Who thinks Meriweather takes the job right from the start?

He certainly could. A lot of it depends on how the Samuel situation shakes out. If Samuel isn't there, then Wilson will probably move outside and start along with Hobbs (Scott, James, Gay, etc. as backups). Then Harrison and Meriweather would start at safety, backed up by Hawkins, Sanders, etc.

If Samuel stays, then he starts alongside Hobbs outside, backed up by the same group. At FS, it would be a battle between Meriweather and Wilson, with the loser then battling for a nickel spot.

If Asante isnt with us next year then I would have to expect Geno goes to CB leaving Meriweather as the starting FS. If Samuel, by a miracle, resigns with us then I guess we'd see what happens. Lets wait till training camp.

Last edited:
I say wilson but with his health issues it could be merriweather pretty quick. there is no need to rush let him develope we will need him plenty this season I am sure.

To me the best case scenario is a healthy Geno and Rodney starting, with Meriweather being brought along in sub packages etc.

I think Wilson will be the opening day starter, but I wouldn't be suprised if Meriweather moves into more of a starting role as the season progresses, especially if Wilson can't regain his 2004 form.

If Asante is not there, that's a rather gaping hole in the secondary, one that can be aided with a better pass rush from Thomas, Vrabel back outside in spots, etc...

But I think his prescence back there is critical. Also having to count on Wilson/Gay to stay healthy for the whole year is something I'd rather not think about.

I believe that the Patriots actions this offseason indicate that they believe Samuel will be back for at least this year.

But that is just a guess, so I could be totally wrong.

if BB gives open competition..i think Meriweather will beat him out right away..Meriweather is a very good player..a hard worker while Geno has been questioned about working hard sometimes. I know hes gonna give it his all but based on talent..i say Meriweather

Gino is going to have to earn a starting spot no matter where it is. If he sleeps through meetings and isn't motivated it'll be a long (contract) year for him.

Gino is going to have to earn a starting spot no matter where it is. If he sleeps through meetings and isn't motivated it'll be a long (contract) year for him.

i think he'll be prepared..its contract time..someones gonna need a Safety..he wants to get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3