Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will get the game ball against the Jets?

• Brady

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seymour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samuel

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Wilfork

• Caldwell

• Dillon

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Watson

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Brown

• Maroney

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with this Titans hype lately?

Winning five games in a row in the NFL can drum up some excitement. Add in VY at QB and who's to say the Titans aren't a competely different team than that of two or three months ago?

And how are the Jaguars that special?

They're just as inconsistent as we are. The Jags can crush the Colts one week then lose to the Texans the next. They're oozing in talent at some positions, however they have holes in their roster (QB).

Defeating both of these decent-to-good teams would do a lot for our confidence going into the playoffs.

Winning five games in a row in the NFL can drum up some excitement. Add in VY at QB and who's to say the Titans aren't a competely different team than that of two or three months ago?

Vince Young? What's so special about Vince Young?

Now you tell me.

Actually WE are not the New England Patriots. THEY are the New England Patriots, WE are their loyal fans. Please make the correction. Thank you. :D

NEM...Your such an *****....But we love ya anyway..l..

Vince Young? What's so special about Vince Young?

Huh? What's so special about VY? What kind of question is that? Ohh yeah that's right, for some strange reason you don't follow college football (or the Titans either apparently).

Huh? What's so special about VY? What kind of question is that? Ohh yeah that's right, for some strange reason you don't follow college football (or the Titans either apparently).

I could care less about what he did at Texas.

In the NFL, he has a 65.9 QB rating. 'Nuff said.

Do you know who the three of the last four QBs drafted #3 overall were?

Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Heath Shuler.

since when do we worry about the jags. that is the most inconsistent team so far this year. even worst than that 12-4 record they had last year, if the pats fall flat on thierfac eagainst this team. then we really dont belong in the playoffs

You really have a problem. I would seek help if I were you. One should NEVER let any other get so much on his nerves..but because you keep bringing it up, I love it. Keeps the legend going. Thanks. :D

BTW, I have initiated more posts, and been involved in more posts regarding topics that are NOT about the OC than you will ever have in your lifetime. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

Yeah, I have a problem...it's called having a soul and giving a care about others, but I know you can't relate to that, being a 'legend' and all. From your POV it must be a major problem for us mere mortals to get upset when somebody wishes another harm. You know what? It's a good 'problem' to have, and I'm glad most people do.

For the sake of the good people of Phoenix I hope your act goes as far as this message board and no further. If not, seek help.

I could care less about what he did at Texas.

In the NFL, he has a 65.9 QB rating. 'Nuff said.

It seems as though your into every stat expect win-loss record. Only a fool would deny that VY hasn't played a significant role in the Titans' turnaround. Here is an example of the difference VY alone makes...

http://play.rbn.com/?url=/nfl/nfl/o...includes/2006_week14_recap&rpcontextwidth=500

Do you know who the three of the last four QBs drafted #3 overall were?
Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Heath Shuler.

Ok... so VY is automatically going to turn out like Heath Shuler because he was picked in the same draft position some ten odd years later?

It seems as though your into every stat expect win-loss record. Only a fool would deny that VY hasn't played a significant role in the Titans' turnaround. Here is an example of the difference VY alone makes...

http://play.rbn.com/?url=/nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2006/nflcom/w14/titans_texans_short_300k.rm&rpcode=nfl&rsrc=nflfilms1&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/2006_week14_recap&rpcontextwidth=50

An "exciting" QB who "makes plays" on his feet.

Just like the "highly regarded" Michael Vick who has lead his team to so many championships over his tenure.

Ok... so VY is automatically going to turn out like Heath Shuler because he was picked in the same draft position some ten odd years later?

Joey Harrington was a "great" QB in friggin' college. He was picked 3rd because he was supposed to be "great" in the NFL.

So just because Young was your deity at Texas (something that can skew perception, too) means jack to his success in the NFL. He's a bottom-of-the-barrel QB in the NFL until he can prove otherwise.

I keep trying to remember that none of the Pats SB teams were really dominate during the season. They could play up or down to the level of the competition and won alot of close ones. That being said, I chose inconsistent.

What scares me the most is that in past years we've gotten healthier as the season ended. This year our injuries seem to have happened late in the season.

An "exciting" QB who "makes plays" on his feet.

Just like the "highly regarded" Michael Vick who has lead his team to so many championships over his tenure.

So now we're making championships as the standard? I thought my post was whether the Pats can beat two talented teams in a row to end the season.

Joey Harrington was a "great" QB in friggin' college. He was picked 3rd because he was supposed to be "great" in the NFL.

So just because Young was your deity at Texas (something that can skew perception, too) means jack to his success in the NFL. He's a bottom-of-the-barrel QB in the NFL until he can prove otherwise.

I guess Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb were bottom-of-the-barrel QB's at the beginning of their NFL careers too.

I voted for "other" but I don't know who it will be. The Pats always seem to have someone who comes out of the woodwork to have the game of his life when they most need it. Maybe Thomas? Maybe Faulk after being injured for two weeks? Maybe Hobbs for getting 2 INTs when they pick on him all day but he does a great job? Who knows? As long as no one wearing green gets a game ball, I don't care who it is!! GO PATS!!

Hmm, am I seeing things. Suddenly this old poll of mine has come forward, but while the title is correct for the old poll (Which team are we?), the poll itself is showing the poll I posted earlier today (Who will get the game ball against the Jets?). Must be a glitch. Rather confusing, huh?

The next poll should be "Will Patters lock his own broken thread? Yes. No. Other." :D

Laurence "The Predator" Maroney will be the player of the game. 120 yards rushing, 50 yards receiving.

Attachments

• pred low.001.jpg
    pred low.001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 18
Victor Hobson will make several big plays, and this time the refs won't screw up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe