PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Aqua4Ever04 When You Need Him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevagus said:
I don't think Miami did so poorly. take away the miller pass and things could have been totally different. Either way, we have things to work on but I'm not disheartened. Probably the best D we will face all year.

Best D? What about the Phins D vs. the Steelers backup QB?!?!?!

MrTibbs said:
Best D? What about the Phins D vs. the Steelers backup QB?!?!?!

Tibbs, please. After the superbowl everyone here got on BenR because of his low passer rating during the big game. Now, somehow, people find him to be some indespensible cog? The steelers are all about running the ball and defense and if you know the steelers then you'd know that simple fact. The dolphins failed. but let's not make it out to be more than it is. not to disrespect the patriots, but I do think the Steelers D is better than anything the fins will see from the patriots.

Chevagus said:
I don't think Miami did so poorly. take away the miller pass and things could have been totally different.
Gosh, that's many many many times the case. IF IF IF there wasn't that ONE ONE ONE play. BUT that one play is why a team loses. It's the nature of the game. IFs ........ don't count for anything.

Chevagus said:
Either way, we have things to work on but I'm not disheartened.
Good for you. A good fan should always support their home team and look for success.

Chevagus said:
Probably the best D we will face all year.
Well, there is another thread to discuss this, but if you are realistic, the Steeler's corners were really pretty bad. Especially #24 (Taylor I think). They played off giving Miami 5 yards almost any time they wanted to throw a quick out to the receivers. Why the Dolphins didn't keep taking advantage of that until the Steeler's corners had to come up and play the receivers tighter is a big mystery to me. You might wonder about that. If you don't take advantage of what the defense gives you, it's going to a long disappointing season. Not only that, but there were at least two horrible misses by #24 in run support and probably any number more that I missed. The Steeler's are going to have to do something about that.

Chevagus said:
Tibbs, please. After the superbowl everyone here got on BenR because of his low passer rating during the big game. Now, somehow, people find him to be some indespensible cog? The steelers are all about running the ball and defense and if you know the steelers then you'd know that simple fact. The dolphins failed. but let's not make it out to be more than it is. not to disrespect the patriots, but I do think the Steelers D is better than anything the fins will see from the patriots.

As a Pats fan, I have to agree that the Steelers D is better than ours (Unless we prove otherwise). I would love to have Polamalu and Porter on the Pats, I think the Pats have a better D-Line (Maybe the best in football), but the Steelers LB's are pretty awesome, Porter and Farrior are 2 of the best LB's in football, and Polamalu is one of the top safeties in football. Their defensive coordinator comes up with some awesome gameplans too. Overall, the Steelers have had a top 5 defense the last 2 years.

Of course major injuries killed our defense last year, but I think the Pats have to make a statement to the NFL that they still have a top 5 defense also. Offensively, I think we have more weapons than the Steelers. But I love the smashmouth offense the Steelers play, run, run, run, play action pass to a young stud TE. Though this is the new NFL, lots of parity, and who knows if the Steelers can repeat, it should be very interesting.

Well last year the Panthers, Broncos and Seahawks all lost their first game. I think we'll be okay.

Poor Aquaman......

He said if Culpepper returned to 2004 form, he'd take him over Brady.

Fortunately, it looks like Daunte is exhibiting his all new 2006 form.

Being the arrogant ass that I am, let's evaluate.

Miami game breakdown:

QB- Some nice moments, but overall did just what I expected. Once again, Daunte has not mastered the cerebral/fortitudinal part of the game.

RB- Brown will probably break 1000 yards at a clip of 3.5 yds. a carry. Antowain Smith reincarnated. Strangely good ole Antowain's alive and kickin.

TE- McMichael was non-existant

WR- Booker had his moments Chris Mos.. oops Chambers really stepped up didn't he. He looked awful. Welker is truly a good football player. Reminds me of a white Troy Brown.

OLine- Awful as expected

Dline- Looked good initially but wore down very quickly.

LBs- I think they went a quarter and a half before they called Thomas and Crowder's name. Played decent after.....but Thomas is starting to look old.

Secondary- Charlie Batch threw for three TD's. What more can be said.

ST- Decent. Once again Welker is a huge part of that.

I know it's early......but any loss by a divisional rival at ANY point in the season is important.

Last edited:
400 posts of crap.

'nuff said.

R

njpatsfan said:
400 posts of crap.

'nuff said.

R

When someone uses the term 'nuff siad,' it just illustrates the fact that they have no evidence to suport their opinion or statement.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
When someone uses the term 'nuff siad,' it just illustrates the fact that they have no evidence to suport their opinion or statement.

BTW, just a reminder to update your sig. The 'Phins are in sole possession of last place right now.

Aqua... need to update your Signature

Miami Dolphins: Proving the lovers wrong in 2006!
0-1 (0-0) (t) 4th
Next: Buffalo Thursday 9/17 1:00pm

:p

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
he changed his name to Black&gold4Ever06

Now THAT is effing funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chevagus said:
are you kidding me? go to cnnsi or espn and see who thought the fins would win. Hardly anyone. If you check my previous posts, you'll see even I was unconvinced. but let's not go talking like somehow the fins were routed. they led into the 4th.

How do YOU spell ESPN???? What are your talking about? On their pre-game pick page, 8 ESPN writers picked the game. FIVE of those eight picked the Dolphins to win the opener against the Steelers.

If you are going to come here and say stuff, at least be truthful.

Bostonian1962 said:
How do YOU spell ESPN???? What are your talking about? On their pre-game pick page, 8 ESPN writers picked the game. FIVE of those eight picked the Dolphins to win the opener against the Steelers.

If you are going to come here and say stuff, at least be truthful.

Actually, I was going by Scouts but your point is well taken. However, if you look at both sites it would be a pretty even split.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Get a life PacPhin, your entire existence on Earth is spent on football message boards.

Last edited:
Re: Poor Aquaman......

Slagathor said:
He said if Culpepper returned to 2004 form, he'd take him over Brady.

Fortunately, it looks like Daunte is exhibiting his all new 2006 form.

Being the arrogant ass that I am, let's evaluate.

Miami game breakdown:

QB- Some nice moments, but overall did just what I expected. Once again, Daunte has not mastered the cerebral/fortitudinal part of the game.

RB- Brown will probably break 1000 yards at a clip of 3.5 yds. a carry. Antowain Smith reincarnated. Strangely good ole Antowain's alive and kickin.

TE- McMichael was non-existant

WR- Booker had his moments Chris Mos.. oops Chambers really stepped up didn't he. He looked awful. Welker is truly a good football player. Reminds me of a white Troy Brown.

OLine- Awful as expected

Dline- Looked good initially but wore down very quickly.

LBs- I think they went a quarter and a half before they called Thomas and Crowder's name. Played decent after.....but Thomas is starting to look old.

Secondary- Charlie Batch threw for three TD's. What more can be said.

ST- Decent. Once again Welker is a huge part of that.

I know it's early......but any loss by a divisional rival at ANY point in the season is important.

I agree with all your points 100%. I would like to add that their db's were horrendous. They should have been flagged on several plays....

It is early and the fins may still turn out to be a legit playoff team but, it's good to see them take it on the chin there first game. Does anyone think that this is a SB team? I think not!!!

You mean poor Aquaboy don't you?

As with many "yahoo" fans (no matter the team) he has/had an overinflated view of how "good" his team is. You know the type the "my team will beat them 35-0" despite having little or no valid reasons for the supposition. Happens every season on virtually every team's board. Some football fans are not living in the real world. There's nothing wrong in hoping for the best in your team, but unrealistic expectations are something else again.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Poor Aquaman......

The Miami Dolphins are a football team that will not qualify for the AFC Playoffs. As for the Dolphins fans on this message board:

Demented
Delusional
Deranged

and now defeated!

Chevagus said:
Actually, I was going by Scouts but your point is well taken. However, if you look at both sites it would be a pretty even split.

The bottom line is, the Dolphins are a team with a lot of talent, a favorable schedule, and an excellent coach. They are not going anywhere, unless their QB proves he's nothing without Moss. That could happen, but one game is not enough of a sample. I respect your team.

This whole thread is based on a faulty premise. The Culpepper of 2004 was no better or different than the Culpepper of 2001, 2005 or now. He will always put up good numbers against crappy teams, because he is a one trick pony with a good deep ball. Take away his deep ball, and he can't do anything right. Never could.

Did anyone notice that he was inaccurate on SCREEN PLAYS last night. He threw the ball at people's feet in the first half, was inaccurate in the end zone, and threw the ball blindly in the 2nd half.

HE HAS ALWAYS PLAYED THAT WAY. THE BIG STATS WERE AGAINST POOR TEAMS. HE STINKS UNDER PRESSURE.

HE WAS A CHOKER IN 2004 AND IS A CHOKER NOW.

SAME GUY!

In 2004, every QB had their best year ever. The pass interference rules had been changed and secondaries could not cover anybody. That year was a fluke, and it was a reflection of the rule changes to favor offenses. The defenses have adjusted, and no QB will ever have another year like that until the rules committee messes around again.

If you don't let Culpepper throw deep passes, he will never beat you. Ever.

Stop pretending there are two Culpeppers. It proves that you don't understand Culpepper. He has always been a one trick pony. I don't care which year you want to point to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents