PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When the Redskins release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TealSox

either Clinton Portis or Willie Parker, how long will the thread be of Patfans.com calling for that player to be brought in for a look and is such a thread necessary with Fred Taylor on the team.

Personally, I have faith that Willie Parker has one more good year in him, yet not in a full time role. As for Portis, I'll be surprised if he gets more than 100 carries this season no matter where he plays.

Redskins are looking to be the new Raiders. Ironically, the Raiders were one of the teams trying to acquire McNabb, who will be leading the Skins this season at his advanced age while the Campbell comes to Oakland. Then you have that monstrous contract they gave (malcontent) Haynesworth, all the while, their safeties haven't proven to be of any value over what Stanford Route and Derrick Gibson provided while they were in Oakland. Need I even mention their owner and compare him to Al Davis?

Well I wanted to look at Parker a while back. I still think he has one or two more good years in him as well. I would pass on Portis though.

When the Redskins release either Clinton Portis or Willie Parker, how long will the thread be of Patfans.com calling for that player to be brought in for a look
If/when that happens, I'd say the over/under on how soon that thread is started is about 90 seconds.

to answer the ops question, it will be a huge thread. Maybe not as big as the jets suck thread though. :D

I agree with Kontra. I really wanted BB to grab Parker this offseason. I think he has atleast 2 years left, and would be perfect in this offense. But then, who do you cut? Morris? I like Morris' running, but the guy has got to stay healthy.

Clinton Portis is growing old and not as what he used to be. Plus, the guy is a nutcase off the field!

Portis is there to stay because of the contract. Slow Willie P will likely be the odd man out. LJ is more talented and hasn't had to do much the last 2 years. Ryan Torain is a Shanny favorite who's the darkhorse.

My money is on LJ to phase out Portis with Torain sprinkled in and Slow Willie P in the unemployment line with Brian Westbrook.

I wanted LJ when he was cut by KC last year and as a FA this offseason. I think saying he's done is a little premature. I expect him to be a very good pickup for Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe