PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When many of us said we wanted a Quarterback that was a reverse of what we had as a starter in 2020 .....

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Belichick finally listened to our pleas!

We asked him to have a quarterback that was a reversal of what the starting quarterback did in 2020 so he went out and got M-A-C to compete for C-A-M in camp - what he didn't realize is when we asked for a reversal we didn't mean the first names,he took it the wrong way :haha::D

Here is the question I have:

Keep Newton, as a surprise as somebody that opponents did not prepare for due to his different style of offense?​
Get a traditional QB as the backup, so the rest of the offense does not have the need to play a different style in case of injury?​

In my opinion Cam was an extremely inexpensive upgrade, well worth the investment at a time when the Patriots were looking at going into a season with Hoyer and Stidham as their only options at QB. Considering the options at that point it was a great add at an excellent value.

We are now one year down the road. To me the best option would be to say sayonara, and add a backup that would not require a retooling of the offense in case of emergency.

The only quarterbacks I wanted the Patriots to acquire were Jones or Garoppolo. I think Jones could be a Cousins level quarterback here.

I've said for a while now that I think Lawrence is the only All-Pro/MVP quarterback in this class. Wasn't high at all on the Wilson/Lance/Fields trio. I think their ceiling is Goff/Dalton/2011-2014 Newton level. So guys who are perhaps Pro Bowl level but never top 10.

The only quarterbacks I wanted the Patriots to acquire were Jones or Garoppolo. I think Jones could be a Cousins level quarterback here.

I've said for a while now that I think Lawrence is the only All-Pro/MVP quarterback in this class. Wasn't high at all on Wilson, Lance or Fields. I think their ceiling is Goff/Dalton/2011-2014 Newton level. So guys who are perhaps Pro Bowl level but never top 10.

I think his ceiling is higher than cousins. That’s how i feel about the kid. I compared him to matt ryan. We shall see.

I've said for a while now that I think Lawrence is the only All-Pro/MVP quarterback in this class. Wasn't high at all on the Wilson/Lance/Fields trio. I think their ceiling is Goff/Dalton/2011-2014 Newton level. So guys who are perhaps Pro Bowl level but never top 10.
Jones will have a significantly better career than Kirk Cousins. You can bookmark me on this.

Jones will have a significantly better career than Kirk Cousins. You can bookmark me on this.

Agree consistent coaching and an offense that will play to his strengths are critical for his development..

Here is the question I have:

Keep Newton, as a surprise as somebody that opponents did not prepare for due to his different style of offense?​
Get a traditional QB as the backup, so the rest of the offense does not have the need to play a different style in case of injury?​

In my opinion Cam was an extremely inexpensive upgrade, well worth the investment at a time when the Patriots were looking at going into a season with Hoyer and Stidham as their only options at QB. Considering the options at that point it was a great add at an excellent value.

We are now one year down the road. To me the best option would be to say sayonara, and add a backup that would not require a retooling of the offense in case of emergency.

I see no reason why we shouldn't keep Cam for as long as he's useful. He definitely plays differently than Mac does and could come in for the occasional mind**** snap to put the D on its heels.

Yeah I'm in the keep Cam camp for now...Gotta get through all of TC first, then decide...Stid would be the #3 or trade bait...Dolegala to the PS again, especially if the PS/IR/PUP rules are similar to last year's I hope...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back