PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were the two best offenses in Patriots history, one of them the best in NFL history.

Disingenuous stats are disingenuous. Is that one of the best offenses in Patriots history if Gronk isn't healthy all year? So maybe, just maybe, his injury had something to do with their struggles?

Plus, saying 2011 was the second best Patriots offense so bluntly is an affront to legitimate history.

Last edited:
It was a bit more than a couple missed plays and injuries to have such lackluster performances from elite offenses.

Yes but injuries in 42 (Brady high ankle sprain, Faulk out, Stephen Neal out) and 46 (Gronk) and missed plays (Asante pick, Welker drop) had a lot to do with it.

With that said, the Giants deserved to win. They played better and made the players when it mattered. Period.

When you state things separately that is not comparing them so you start out whacky here
Otherwise the numbers I posted are legitimate.
How is 11 almost 1 a game by the way? Isn't 25 per game 400? Are you saying smith has 400 yards of PI?

I'll take your last ignorant comment as frustration that you have no good argument. Otherwise I'm done with you. Say whatever makes you happy

Every year its the same thing from you: "i have zero factual or analytical support but the pats will win easily and youre all idiots for not seeing it. And here are some irrelevant incoherent stats i found. And now youre presenting relevant information so im done with you." About the only good thing about a pats playoff loss is knowing youll be silent for the next 6 months

Love how the media is trying to play this...nightmare matchup for them. Nightmare? Huh?

Of the 2 other possible opponents:

Colts
Bengals

which would have been a worse match up for the Patriots than the Ravens?

Looks like Eugene Monroe and Timmy Jernigan are practicing for the ravens tomorrow.

Every year its the same thing from you: "i have zero factual or analytical support but the pats will win easily and youre all idiots for not seeing it. And here are some irrelevant incoherent stats i found. And now youre presenting relevant information so im done with you." About the only good thing about a pats playoff loss is knowing youll be silent for the next 6 months
Why is it necessary for you to be a ****?

Colts
Bengals

I feel that anyone who says that either team would be a worse matchup than Baltimore is not being truthful.

Since 2001, the Patriots are 11-1 with a +13.4 PPG differential and a +12 turnover margin against all non-Ravens teams in the post-season.

Against the Ravens in the post-season (since 2001), the Patriots are 1-2 with a -10.3 PPG differential and -7 turnover margin.

Against the Ravens in the post-season (since 2001), the Patriots are 1-2 with a -10.3 PPG differential and -7 turnover margin.

Not that the numbers are great without them, but all 2009 stats should be removed from this comparison.

You also need to add in the disclaimer that these are all playoff home games.

Not that the numbers are great without them, but all 2009 stats should be removed from this comparison.

True, numbers do not reflect context %100 of the time. 2009 was such an odd start to a playoff game IIRC.

Colts
Bengals

Yeah, I don't think it's even close, I was routing hard for Pitt. I'm surprised at how many people on this forum are not too worried about the Ravens.

You also need to add in the disclaimer that these are all playoff home games.
Remove the stats?

That's like going to vegas and having an ace down and getting a 3, then proceed to tell the dealer they have to throw that card out and give me another. This is Football there is no mulligans.

Remove the stats?

That's like going to vegas and having an ace down and getting a 3, then proceed to tell the dealer they have to throw that card out and give me another. This is Football there is no mulligans.

Not really an applicable analogy. Stats - particularly in this instance - are used to provide context and predictive value. Not only is the 2009 game non-predictive, it actually sullies the data and makes it less accurate.

Remove the stats?

It's like saying "Brady's not that great in the playoffs. If you take away 2001-2004, he's average".

I think 2014 stats are much more relevant for comparing these teams than a game 5 Januarys ago.

Like 2014 Common opponents (CIN, IND, SD, MIA)

Pats: 4-1, 169 points for, 97 points allowed
Ravens: 1-4, 114 points for, 117 points allowed

I saw a comment on another board and I think it is a good one:

The Patriots might not have wanted to play the Ravens this weekend... but the Ravens are exactly what they need.

Great way to look at it. Against that team it's time to get tough and punch them in the mouth before they do it to you. The Ravens need to feel a lot of pain this weekend. It's a lesson that this team has needed badly for the last several years and it will do them good.

I hope they beat up on the ravens. I'll be very sad if they don't. I get depressed when they lose.

Not sure how they'll overcome the DL etc. But at least they know what the problem is. Quick passes over the middle? Maybe Manieri can catch some short passes.
Is the Ravens DL that much better than the Detroit DL, cause I was told they were going to tear us a new one.

Is the Ravens DL that much better than the Detroit DL, cause I was told they were going to tear us a new one.

The Jets and Chiefs did the tearing, instead of the Lions. What's your point?

The Jets and Chiefs did the tearing, instead of the Lions. What's your point?
My point is the Lions have a formidable DL and they were handled.

Can't wait til we beat up on Baltimore this weekend, I'm sick already of all this" Ravens have the Pat's Number talk" I'm going to be especially happy to see the look on Suggs ugly, smug face after they lose!!!!

It could possibly crack the screens of many TVs across the nation...

My point is the Lions have a formidable DL and they were handled.

And other DLs were not handled. We can add the Dolphins and Bills DLs to that list. Again, what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents