PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weis asked by Pats to sit in coaches box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Weis is full of crap!
The Pats have moved on and he needs to move on. He just loves the name dropping for recruiting purposes.
Not unreasonable or they may have offered him a spot in the press box and he just "added" so he could help. Or it may have gotten lost in translation.

Like you said, they've moved on. Honestly, I think Urban Meyer may be of more assistance now, we're running a lot more bunch and tight formations than we did when Charlie was here.

Personally, I think Weis is full of crap!
The Pats have moved on and he needs to move on. He just loves the name dropping for recruiting purposes.
If Weis really did say the Pats asked him for help, then yeah I agree, he's full of it. He loves playing up the Patriot connections, I'm sure it helps him with his program.

No way do I see Belichick asking anyone outside of his own coaching staff their ideas on specific gameplans. He has a defensive and offensive coordinator, no one needs to run to Weis for help.

There is absolutely no logic for him to lie and put his job at Notre Dame in jeopardy by telling lies that might be refuted. How can you call him a liar when you really dont know. At least I said, in my comments, that I REALLY DONT KNOW IF IT IS TRUYE, OR NOT. How can yousay otherwise unless you were in on the , alleged, conversation between the Pats and Weis?

That may be true, but I wasnt there, so I have no idea if the invitation was extended, or not. Apparently you know more than I, or anyone else in this fourm knows. Please enlighten us.
Where did I say I know more than anyone? The first thing I wrote was "If Weis really did say the Pats asked him for help..." If. That means that IF the story is true, then I think Weis is full of it.

Are you saying that if the story IS true, that Weis is full of it?

That makes no sense.

If the story IS true, how can he be full of it?
If it's true that Weis actually said the Patriots asked him for help. That's the part I'm not sure is true, or if the writer just got something mixed up.

Dale Arnold is reporting a story (and I missed the article he was reading from) that says Weis was asked by the Pats if he wanted to sit in the coaches box for this game. He declined (and they said since he works in Indiana it was obvious he would). They then went on to talk about how he has done it before since leaving.

This story reminds me of the two guys who talk about Guinness Stout.

Brilliant ! Brilliant !:woohoo: :eat3:

Now Weis can improve his prospects in recruiting by reminding potential recruits who aspire to becoming future NFL players (100% of them), that he STILL HAS contacts in the Pros.

Not only will they learn under a pro coach, pro techniques; he can help them provide valued references with his pro contacts.:p :p

BB helps Weis, as a friend, and will get probably get inside info on Notre Dame players as a result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore