PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 11 vs. Miami, a must win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be the one to say this, but if the Pats can't beat the Fins this weekend, they obviously don't have a shot to win the SB even if they were to slip in as the #6 seed......and that being the case, I'd start to look ahead to next year and seeing that they play for a draft position - maybe a stud Left Tackle from the Big XII to protect a QB on a reconstructed knee.

I fully expect the Pats to beat Miami next week, but to call it a 'must' win or they won't make the playoffs is an over reaction. Even if the Dolphins win, the AFC East would be Jets and Dolphins 7-4, and the Pats 6-5. That's one game behind with five left to play, so no, this does not qualify for the definition of a 'must' game - though I'm sure the networks will hype it as such.

Well, it's really 1 1/2 games behind with 5 to play, because of tiebreakers. Throw in the Colts have the breaker over us, and we don't have the easiest schedule, this game is pretty darn important.

disagree...first of all, i've been telling folks here not to push the panic button since opening day...but the fins play no teams outside the division with a winning record...we've got the cards and the steelers...i don't think it's just hype...and. we're not the only team in the wildcard mix...

i really think we're toast if we lose next week...making the playoffs after a loss would be like drawing an inside straight flush on the river card...possible but not really all that likely

Phins have 4 road games and 1 home game after next week.

So, this being the NFL, that has to be considered a tough go.

I know that, even with a loss, I'll be thinking the Patriot chances are somewhat better than desperate.

As I said, there's one last wildcard spot left, and 3 main teams in contention for it. Miami, Baltimore, New England. All three teams have tough schedules coming up.

Keep in mind that the AFC playoff contenders are going to have to beat each other up along the way.

(10-0) TEN: NYJ, @DET, CLE, @HOU, PIT, @IND
(7-3) PIT: CIN, @NE, DAL, @BAL, @TEN, CLE
(7-3) NYJ: @TEN, DEN, @SF, BUF, @SEA, MIA
(6-4) IND: @SD, CLE, CIN, DET, @JAX, TEN
(6-4) BAL: PHI, @CIN, WAS, PIT, @DAL, JAX
(6-4) MIA: @NE, @STL, @BUF, SF, @KC, @NYJ
(6-4) NE: @MIA, PIT, @SEA, @OAK, ARI, @BUF
(6-4) DEN: OAK, @NYJ, KC, @CAR, BUF, @SD
(5-4) BUF: CLE, @KC, SF, MIA, @NYJ, @DEN, NE
(4-6) SD: IND, ATL, OAK, @KC, @TB, DEN
(4-6) JAX: MIN, @HOU, @CHI, GB, IND, @BAL
(3-6) CLE: @BUF, HOU, IND, @TEN, @PHI, CIN, @PIT

This is a good post. Plus, some of those NFC teams will still be clawing for a playoff berth.

I suspect that Indy will continue playing well and grab a spot, though nothing's guaranteed. But the Ravens still have the NFC East ahead and may very well finish the season @ .500. I don't see Denver/SD being a factor in the WC hunt.

Furthermore, as much as has been made of Miami's soft remaining schedule, 5 of their next 6 games--and all within the division--are on the road, including @ NE who will have had 10 days preparation for all that Wildcat goodness.

Curious...aren't the Pats a dropped pass and a coin flip from being 8-2??? Seems like we're just a shade away from hoping the Titans drop two so we could be the #1 seed. I think we'll get in and win at least one game. As far as the SB is concerned, the f'n Giants looks very tough and very physical and poised to repeat.

Phins have 4 road games and 1 home game after next week.

So, this being the NFL, that has to be considered a tough go.

I know that, even with a loss, I'll be thinking the Patriot chances are somewhat better than desperate.

As I said, there's one last wildcard spot left, and 3 main teams in contention for it. Miami, Baltimore, New England. All three teams have tough schedules coming up.

I'd rather be wrong than right on this one, so I hope you're the one who's right.

And, normally I'd say that sunday's game is the kind of game that the pats win...money game, season on the line, traditional opponent. But, we've had two money games in the last three weeks, against the dolts and jests and...well...

I know some say its to early and anything could happen, but a loss next week to the dolphins, no division and then throw in a loss to the steelers the following week..NO PLAYOFFS..

Its been fun this yr, but its been a different year.. If you read the herald and the globe, they cant emphisze enough on how the game against Miami is important.. I think the Dolphin game safe to say is our season , its a truly must win..

Isn't every game important and a must win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back