PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We play in China next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.
R_T26 said:
Plus who wants to play in front of a bunch of communists.

To qoute Patsgirl_DK (though her response was to another message)

"Well you....you stupid Americans :D"

Maybe next time I'll drop the smiley... and substitue the word "Americans" to a more specific description.

Last edited:
SVN said:
BB: "it is what it is"

No, more like ...

BB: "China? %$#@& CHINA?! %&$@#!!!!!!!

Patsgirl_DK said:
Only downside: One team would lose a home game. They probably wouldn´t pick the Patriots to do this since the Pats haven´t had any problems selling all the tickets.
This China thing is a pre-season game anyways. Hopefully we lose a home pre-season game! I'd be all for it.

SaCaCh said:
No kidding...We will be there for less than a week, it's not like people are dropping in the streets of Beijing every day lol.
Sars! Bird flu!

You are all going to hell.

Better that we bow to our future overlords now. Better sooner than later.

SaCaCh said:
No kidding...We will be there for less than a week, it's not like people are dropping in the streets of Beijing every day lol.

It would go a long way to solve overpopulation :D

I go to China 3 to 4 times per year. Actually, I'm going there tonight from Australia, where I am now. The flight from Seattle to China is about 12 to 13 hours. It's really not all that bad if you can sleep on planes and you don't look at your watch every 10 minutes. Knowing that the guys don't go to Asia all that often, as long as the Pats had a week or so to really recover once they got back, they'll be fine.

It would make more sense to send west coast teams to Asia and east coast teams to Europe for exhibitions. The Pats have really embraced Chinese fans, though, as their Chinese-language website proves. Seattle has alot of Asians, as well, so I guess that makes them a logical choice, too.

Now there are other issues. When do they do this, which two games. We will miss alot of training camp practices either way. If its the first two preseason games then they will miss alot of training camp here and people won't be able to go and see them. If its the last two then do we really want them running around the world just before the season starts?

I'm sure the OL and DL are already salivating about the chance to have some of the best Chinese food in the world

Of course over there they just call it "food"

It makes sense though to think of the NFL prospects that could come out of China - in that country if you're a one in a million type of person there's still a thousand more people EXACTLY like you!

JoeSixPat said:
I'm sure the OL and DL are already salivating about the chance to have some of the best Chinese food in the world

Word is that BB has only agreed to this because it gives Sullivan extra incentive to work hard and make the team.

denverpatsfan said:
I don't like this one bit. Next year will be a tough year. Don't we also play 4 road games on the west coast? Plus this bs trip.

That's why wee need to pay Branch for this year and win it now. We ain't making the playoffs in 2007.

No it is 2008 that we rack up the frequent flyer miles.

personally I think its a bit stupid, what ever happened to quality not quanity

The Pats could play in Spain!

My wife is from China. She has been here 4 months.

From my limited experience, their appetite for American and Western goods is absolutely huge. People will forego food to own a cell phone. It is a huge status symbol to wear anything with the Nike swoosh on it. Everything else is cheap knock-off Chinese goods and they all know it.

Downtown in her native city on Sunday is like the start of the Boston Marathon. Shoulder to shoulder front to back as far as you can see. People lined up to use the bathrooms at MacDonalds and KFC because they are the only clean bathrooms in the area. People taking busses to the city to shop and have an icecream at McD's

QQ...the chat server...similar to Yahoo....has over 9 million customers and counting.

Tapping into that population base is only sound business.

Also, the Chinese love to gamble.

Yes, I was wrong. It is 2008 that we get stuck with the worst schedule ever in the NFL. At least I can road trip from Denver easily that year.

So I guess this does make sense for Bob Kraft to sell more Pats jerseys overseas.

Maybe he will use the money to re-sign some players instead of letting them all go to other teams...

I think we'll pound China. I mean really just totally steamroll them. Football is such a new sport there, I'd be surprised if they're even as good as a college team. Will they really have two tackles who can keep out a blitzing Colvin and Jarvis Green? How long will their rookie center stay on his feet when Wilfork pushes on him?

China's passing game will be underdeveloped at best. They'll probably have to run most of the time, kind of like many high school teams. We can put 8 in the box all day. And when they do pass, Rodney might cause some of their receivers to make a pu-pu platter if you know what I mean. When Bruschi gives a war yell, opponents won't understand and will get scared.

When New England has the ball, Brady might almost be in danger of getting confused from seeing so many receivers open. After a dumpoff pass to Ben Watson, who'll really stop him? Will China really have an answer when our O-line opens up holes for, say, Heath Evans to come barreling through? Dillon will run like a young Chairman Mao.

Plus, isn't it likely China's playbook will be one they found in some dusty old 1960s volume from Time/Life Books? Their team might never even get up from their initial bows. I'm not saying every play will be an 80-yard touchdown, but won't we be in danger of breaking 100 points before it's time to play a stall game in the 4th quarter? Will writers blast us for poor sportsmanship?

I don't see why Vrabel is so opposed to going. To me it sounds fascinating.

;)

It's great news for me since I live in Seattle and the team might be here practicing for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore