PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti - funny to read some of the e-mails sent to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary said:
“You’re appalling. You used to be passable as a baseball guy, but your football analysis is pathetic. Take an early retirement buyout, Tony, while you can still type.”
Tony Massarotti said:
I would if I could.

Sounds like a cry for help.

LOL. This guys an idiot. Hes just taking all that **** from our fans? lol.

I disagree. I give him credit for having the gnads to poke fun at himself. I respect him more now than I did before.

LOL. This guys an idiot. Hes just taking all that **** from our fans? lol.

if you read his last week article you would be pissed too..he started with something like "let me get this off my chest, i think the patriots are going to lose and lose big"...

It is great, at least he shows a sense of humor. His pick was wrong, so what?

Sending an email to a columnist is a cry for help, it is almost as bad as posting on a internet forum... nevermind. To each his own, anyone who has lived outside of a major media market understands how lucky we are to have a diverisity of opinion. Most newspapers in NFL cities are nothing more than an extension of the team's media relations department. Ball washing homers.

I like the different opinions, and I like it more when they pick against the Pats and get it wrong! but please take a chill pill, calling someone names like a four year old because they picked against the Pats, remember to "Stay classy New England"

Last edited:
That's really funny. I can't believe that many people wrote such nasty things to him. It sounds like he's used to it, though.

He should be ashamed that he was so wrong, but there's no reason to be ashamed of picking against the hometown team. His job isn't to pick the Patriots every week; it's to pick who he think is going to win.

The other thing about these writers is the "I told you so" factor. These guys go out and make insane, outlandish predictions and if they are wrong (like Shaugnessy with his Sunday article where he said "The Chargers are simply too good"), then they write the next article as if they never said anything. But if they happened to be right, then they will write their next 10 articles about how smart they are for having gotten it right when everyone else got it wrong.

if you read his last week article you would be pissed too..he started with something like "let me get this off my chest, i think the patriots are going to lose and lose big"...
I remember reading an article about the 8 pro bowlers and, lack of talent on the Patriots side. Saying the Patriots would have to play their best game to have a shot in it. I think I read it. And this is funny to see him taking it all in. Not many people would do that, for example...Borges.

It's hilarious, he's obviously witty and he handled it beautifully. I've only read a few of his articles because it seems he can't analyze football all that well. But you've got to love his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes