PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats are doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pat

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Wow, did this board turn in a hurry. I realize all fans overreact to wins and losses, me included, but come on guys. ths is not the 1st time the Pats have started off the season sluggish. This is what BB coach teams do, they plod along gutting out wins the first 5 or 6 weeks, and than when BB and staff see what type of team he has, and adjusts his gameplans, and the players catch on to the system, they gell, and always finish strong down the stretch. This was the way, in 2001, 2003, 2005. Only in 2004, did they start out strong and just roll through the league.

People bring up the 31-0 loss to Buffalo in 2003, but that was no big deal. the Redskins loss 2 weeks later was worse. Remember that was a SPurrier lead Redskins team. That Pats team started 2-2, and really there first few wins were not great performances. (Except the Philly game 2). By midseason they seemed really stong and finsished great. Last year the Pats were pleying at an extremely high level going into the playoffs after a sluggish start.

This is not a Pats fan looking at things threw red,white and blue Pats glasses. This has been the pattern with the Pats since BB got here. I fully expect a few mre dud performances than around late Oct., early Novembe you will see the team just start rolling. The WR and QB will get in synch, the secondary will get their assignments down, the pressure on the QBs will increase, etc.

Hell even in 2000 when they were 5-11, they were a strong team down the stretch.

Doomed No, But is not getting easier.

Bengals
Dolphins........... We always struggle against the dolls.
Bye
Bills ........... Played us tough.
Vikings ........... Not great not a push over
Colts ........... Used to be a given.
Jets........... Well you know
Packers ........... Finally
Bears ........... Who knows
Lions ........... We need more of these.
Dolphins........... .....
Texans ........... We definitely need more of these.
Jaguars........... Hmmm
Titans........... Keep them coming

Last edited:
Peter Pat said:
Wow, did this board turn in a hurry. I realize all fans overreact to wins and losses, me included, but come on guys. ths is not the 1st time the Pats have started off the season sluggish. This is what BB coach teams do, they plod along gutting out wins the first 5 or 6 weeks, and than when BB and staff see what type of team he has, and adjusts his gameplans, and the players catch on to the system, they gell, and always finish strong down the stretch. This was the way, in 2001, 2003, 2005. Only in 2004, did they start out strong and just roll through the league.

This is not a Pats fan looking at things threw red,white and blue Pats glasses. This has been the pattern with the Pats since BB got here. I fully expect a few mre dud performances than around late Oct., early Novembe you will see the team just start rolling. The WR and QB will get in synch, the secondary will get their assignments down, the pressure on the QBs will increase, etc.

Hell even in 2000 when they were 5-11, they were a strong team down the stretch.

Good post. The Pats suffered their first loss of the season, to a team who has their number no less, and many are whipped into a frenzied hysteria. It's one game, albeit ugly, but one game. After three games, no team is what it will be in November or December. Some teams will improve, others will falter. No matter the outcome I think it's still too early to be standing on the ledge. Concern is one thing - panic is another.

Love your point about how the team finished 2000. Now that's perspective!

A win next week and nearly everyone will be saying how great this team is.

miamipat said:
A win next week and nearly everyone will be saying how great this team is.

Agreed, for fans its either world champs, or the worse team in the world, there is never any in between or any gray. Right now I am living in NY surrounded by jets fans who think there eam can now win the AFC east. ( I guess they forgot they lost at home to an AFC east team just a week ao.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore