PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE OFFICIAL WHO THE HELL'S STILL NOT WATCHING NFL UNTIL OCTOBER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitt25

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
jonsnow-imready.gif

Edit: More specifically, October 9th, since game 4 is an October game without TB.

Don't care if I'm alone in this, and there will be a struggle not to watch any Pats football for another month, but my will is strong, my spirit is strong, and I can find plenty things to keep me busy (Madden probably being one of them. No, not the new one).

200x200px-ZC-66def6ac_tom-brady-peace-sign-o.gif

Last edited:
jonsnow-imready.gif

Edit: More specifically, October 9th, since game 4 is an October game without TB.

Don't care if I'm alone in this, and there will be a struggle not to watch any Pats football for another month, but my will is strong, my spirit is strong, and I can find plenty things to keep me busy (Madden probably being one of them. No, not the new one).

Never understood the logic of depriving yourself when absolutely no one will notice or care.

jonsnow-imready.gif

I'll be watching because i want to see the pats go 3-1 or 4-0 and make goodell look like a fool by winning without the GOAT.

Have fun with that. I'm sure the NFL front office, their affiliates, or sponsors give a ****. I'll watch because I'm legitimately interested in what Garoppolo will look like. I also look forward to the *****ing on here by people saying the game is FIXED!1 while watching every second of it. Ahhh... feels like football season is upon us. :)

Never understood the logic of depriving yourself when absolutely no one will notice or care.

No one cares that I'm a vegetarian, and some people think I'm depriving myself doing that, too. No one cares that I only support Nintendo systems, and I'm probably depriving myself of never playing Xbox/PS games. No one cared that I originally kept a flip phone up until 2014 and I was depriving myself of all the smartphone features.

In other words, I still do what I want, even if people don't notice/notice/make jokes/whatever. They don't pay my bills, so why should I care about them not caring? Lol.

Hell, TB doesn't care about me not watching in support of him, but I'm doing it anyway. Because I want to.

I'll be watching. But, I'll be using streams of the game to watch. My TV won't hit anything NFL related this year. I don't want them earning one second of air time, one click, or a single impression from me.

Bingo.

Always wondered why people said they were going to boycott games. From an emotional standpoint I understand it. But in reality the NFL isn't going to miss a few turned off TV sets in the Boston area, especially since this whole ordeal will have only increased the total ratings for Patriots games.

Bingo.

Always wondered why people said they were going to boycott games. From an emotional standpoint I understand it. But in reality the NFL isn't going to miss a few turned off TV sets in the Boston area, especially since this whole ordeal will have only increased the total ratings for Patriots games.

Millions of TV sets turned off in the Boston area would be missed. The reason the NYFL did what they did, and Kraft went along with it, is because they know people with your attitude will never stop watching. Enjoy the next episode, and know that you are as responsible as anyone.

I'll be watching. But, I'll be using streams of the game to watch. My TV won't hit anything NFL related this year. I don't want them earning one second of air time, one click, or a single impression from me.

So will the OP.

So will the OP.

Was waiting for this comment to appear, actually, because I remember the last thread where someone just keep saying, "You'll be watching" to everyone who said they wouldn't. All I have to say is it's clear you'll be watching (good for you). So why try and tell me I'll be watching, too? Do you know me in real life? Do you wanna skype me on gameday to see if I'm watching? Don't answer. Not a real question.

No one cares that I'm a vegetarian, and some people think I'm depriving myself doing that, too. No one cares that I only support Nintendo systems, and I'm probably depriving myself of never playing Xbox/PS games. No one cared that I originally kept a flip phone up until 2014 and I was depriving myself of all the smartphone features.

In other words, I still do what I want, even if people don't notice/notice/make jokes/whatever. They don't pay my bills, so why should I care about them not caring? Lol.

Hell, TB doesn't care about me not watching in support of him, but I'm doing it anyway. Because I want to.
Well if you really don't care to watch the patriots don't watch but to act like you are making a sacrifice for the greater good is silly.

Well if you really don't care to watch the patriots don't watch but to act like you are making a sacrifice for the greater good is silly.

Sir, when did I say I was making a sacrifice for the greater good? None of the other examples I gave were a sacrifice for the greater good, either (Not in being vegetarian, either. I'm not a vegetarian because I care about animals.) I simply made a thread asking who else isn't watching. Nowhere does my opener sound like I'm trying to become ************ and nail myself to a cross for all of Pats Nation.

Sir, when did I say I was making a sacrifice for the greater good? None of the other examples I gave were a sacrifice for the greater good, either (Not in being vegetarian, either. I'm not a vegetarian because I care about animals.) I simply made a thread asking who else isn't watching. Nowhere does my opener sound like I'm trying to become ************ and nail myself to a cross for all of Pats Nation.
I guess I must have misinterpreted "it will be a struggle not to watch but my will is strong, my spirit is strong"

Hurley: Roger Goodell, NFL Are Betting On Public's Apathy -- And Winning
The bottom line is this: People get upset because Roger Goodell doesn’t hold himself accountable. But that’s only the case because the country is not forcing him to be held accountable. The owners won’t hold him accountable, not while their wallets get stuffed with billions of dollars they never even needed. The players can’t hold him accountable until their well-intentioned union manages to claim some actual power. The only way Goodell can be held accountable is if the people actually force it to happen. But people get mad — for a month, a week, a minute — and then move on to the next thing. There is, after all, football to be played on Sunday.

So if you don't care what anyone else thinks and you're doing it because you choose to, then why are you making a topic about it?

Was waiting for this comment to appear, actually, because I remember the last thread where someone just keep saying, "You'll be watching" to everyone who said they wouldn't. All I have to say is it's clear you'll be watching (good for you). So why try and tell me I'll be watching, too? Do you know me in real life? Do you wanna skype me on gameday to see if I'm watching? Don't answer. Not a real question.

That wasn't me in the last thread. I just don't understand why someone who truly doesn't care enough to actually watch the games has to make a thread on an internet message board announcing as much. To me, psychologically speaking, it indicates that you'll probably end up watching the games at some point. Otherwise, if it really doesn't matter to you, why take the time to post about it then defend yourself consistently in consecutive posts? Hell, if you're not going to watch, why are you even here at all? Nothing against you (you seem like a pretty cool guy from what I've gathered), but it would seem that posting on a football forum when you're not actually watching football would be a waste of time and energy.

So if you don't care what anyone else thinks and you're doing it because you choose to, then why are you making a topic about it?

Because he's still interested in football. Psychologically speaking, this will more than likely lead to him watching football before #12 comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes