PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Re-Sign Graham Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Throughout this forum, I'd estimate that 70% of the posts related to Graham sound as if he will not be re-signed. This is our year to draft his replacement, etc. Why this assumption? Let's just re-sign him!

Specific question: What kind of salary do you think he will command? It can't be that high, can it? I don't really have an idea of his fair market value at all --- help! (e.g. I would be happy to pay him $2m to $2.5m per year.)

Add me to the Grahambo bandwagon (can play bongos and will sing as required ...) :D

shakadave said:
Throughout this forum, I'd estimate that 70% of the posts related to Graham sound as if he will not be re-signed. This is our year to draft his replacement, etc. Why this assumption? Let's just re-sign him!
I hope we do too, but let's face it - our re-sign rate isn't real strong . . .

Yeah if he goes who will Brady butt heads with before every game???

BelichickFan said:
I hope we do too, but let's face it - our re-sign rate isn't real strong . . .

I don't agree - I think we re-sign whomever we want to re-sign, as long as salary does not exceed the value for that player (as established by BB/SP).

I think Graham is an excellent Patriot player with blocking skills second to none for a TE in the NFL. He catches the short ball very well and can certainly get downfield and make big catches as well. The only knock on him that I can recall was a little lack of confidence early on and of course ability to stay healthy all year.

Re-sign him please.......what a pefect bookend to Watson.

Put me on the list too. IMO, he's easily our best all around TE.

Certainly he wuld be a great one to hang onto...absolutely!!! He's a devastating blocker and getting better with his hands...Yes..definitely keep him...

Add me to the "resign Graham" movement. He's a great blocking TE, makes most catches in short routes, team player and phenomal head-butter. Resigning Graham makes solid sense. On a side note: I'll miss Fauria and wish him well in Washington. Class act, sorry to see him go.

If your waiting on me your backing up.

fgssand said:
I don't agree - I think we re-sign whomever we want to re-sign, as long as salary does not exceed the value for that player (as established by BB/SP).
History shows that what a player thinks he can, and usually does, get it most often more than what Belichick will pay. See Woody, Tebucky, Washington, Givens, McGinest, etc.

He's a great blocking TE and doesn't get enough credit for it. Some of his hits have been devasting and have opened up big plays for other guys. Other than that he's just an average recieivng threat.

So what's that worth on the free market? Will Graham demand that he be paid like a re-signed 1st round draft choice? The Patriots certainly won't pay that much for him.

The good news is that I think that Graham knows what he is - and while he might be tempted to test the free market, I question whether other teams will dramatically overpay for him the way they have for Givens, McGinest and others.

The Pats should put out a re-sign report, sort of like the injury report. Of course, it would be purely fictitious... sort of like the injury report.

I guess Graham would go in the P column. It's hard for me to see a TE of his caliber go. The only reason he's not knocking on the elite TE door in terms of pass-catching, is he's so willing and able to block - and play fullback if you ask him to.

He seems like a Patriot to the bone. I'm on the bandwagon too - until, of course, it turns into the Ty Law/David Givens/Adam Vinatieri/[your favorite player here] express.

It is what it is,

PFnV

BelichickFan said:
History shows that what a player thinks he can, and usually does, get it most often more than what Belichick will pay. See Woody, Tebucky, Washington, Givens, McGinest, etc.

I submit - Brady, Seymour, Light, Neal, Dillon, Vrabel, Bruschi, Colvin, Branch (very soon) to name just a few.

My point is that we will sign the players that are the absolute most important to the core of this team.

The losses you listed were either way overpaid (Givens, Tbucky,Woody) or had their best years behind them for sure(Willie, Ted W).

fgssand said:
I submit - Brady, Seymour, Light, Neal, Dillon, Vrabel, Bruschi, Colvin, Branch (very soon) to name just a few.
There's some validity to that although Brady and Seymour are different as they're in a different category totally. Branch still is not re-signed. Light, Bruschi, signed below market value.

BelichickFan said:
There's some validity to that although Brady and Seymour are different as they're in a different category totally. Branch still is not re-signed. Light, Bruschi, signed below market value.

Bruschi did for sure but I'm not so sure about Light. He could a pretty good chunk of change for a good but not great LT. A lot of Pats fans think he is overpaid.

PatsFanInVa said:
The only reason he's not knocking on the elite TE door in terms of pass-catching, is he's so willing and able to block - and play fullback if you ask him to.

This is very true. Graham's pass catching rep has been hurt by the fact that he is such a good blocker. He doesn't get that many opportunities in the open field because it is very tempting to keep him in to block. Maybe this will change if the O-line can stay healthy.

zippo59 said:
A lot of Pats fans think he is overpaid.
Those that do need to look at what totally unproven LT are getting.

Feep_FLA said:
Add me to the "resign Graham" movement. He's a great blocking TE, makes most catches in short routes, team player and phenomal head-butter. Resigning Graham makes solid sense. On a side note: I'll miss Fauria and wish him well in Washington. Class act, sorry to see him go.
couldnt agree more on all points

I think they'll re-sign him. He'll hardly break the bank. I'd say he'll prob. get Bubba Franks type money. He's a comparable player. Didn't he re-sign with the Pack recently? Anyone know the numbers?

I'd think he could be had for close to that. Its not like he's gonna command Heap-type numbers.

(Though Snyder could pull another Archuleta and needlessly make him the highest paid TE in football...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back