PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The collapse of the pass defense

I really misjudged you guys. I’m very disappointed in you.

I figured you’d be all over the Bill’s kids angle at least a full page earlier.

what’s the matter with you? GDT not keeping your skills sharp?
I looked up "GDT." It stands for "Gas Decay Tank." Oddlly enough, I have one right here in my living room. Got it for my gas problems and it's worked wonders.

As for Bill's kids. The defense blows: they're largely in charge of it. QED (look it up?). What's the BFD with our humble observations?

2019 defense was one of their best in the entire in BB era and were coached by "Bill's kids" along with Mayo. They then lose half of their defensive starters and your take is that they never could coach and should be let go. Logically I assume you want Mayo jettisoned as well since he is part of same unit.
No. Mayo is a legit, deeply experienced NFL guy. There is rational, empirical reason to believe he can contribute. Bill's kids are just Bill's kids. No one can honestly argue they'd have their jobs if they were not. I actually don't mind Bill giving them a shot, but it hasn't worked. The defense blows, strongly suggesting they blow too. If it were anybody else, they'd be gone, I think. Surprised this is a controversial view frankly.

No. Mayo is a legit, deeply experienced NFL guy. There is rational, empirical reason to believe he can contribute. Bill's kids are just Bill's kids. No one can honestly argue they'd have their jobs if they were not. I actually don't mind Bill giving them a shot, but it hasn't worked. The defense blows, strongly suggesting they blow too. If it were anybody else, they'd be gone, I think. Surprised this is a controversial view frankly.

So when the defense was #1 in the league last year did that strongly suggest they were exceptional coaches? The team lost half their starters this offseason but that should not be taken into consideration I imagine. No doubt they had a hiring advantage being BB's kids but having been around his thinking for so many years seems like an asset to me and since the league is filled with coaches who got their job by who they know it means little to me. But I understand that you are in the "everything and everyone sucks" camp so please carry on.

So when the defense was #1 in the league last year did that strongly suggest they were exceptional coaches? The team lost half their starters this offseason but that should not be taken into consideration I imagine. No doubt they had a hiring advantage being BB's kids but having been around his thinking for so many years seems like an asset to me and since the league is filled with coaches who got their job by who they know it means little to me. But I understand that you are in the "everything and everyone sucks" camp so please carry on.
I praised Mayo, so I'm prima facie not in the "everyone sucks" camp. I am beginning to suspect that you might suck, but I, for example, do not. See?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back