PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour and Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if the Patriots had Richard Seymour and Clay Matthews they wouldn't have Rob Gronkowski & Vince Wilfork + a host of other players.

...most obviously Nate Solder!

We probably would have the best defense in the NFL if not for these two boneheaded decisions. How come nobody ever mentions this?

In the upper right hand corner, above the stickied threads there is a box that says "Search this forum".

I am guessing that if you went there and typed in "Seymour" and if you typed in "Matthews" you just might get more than one or two results to your search.

Just to set the record on that trade...

#23(1) in 2009:
traded to Balt(Michael Oher) for:
- #26(1)
- #162(5)

#26(1) and #162(5) in 2009:
traded to GB(Clay Matthews) for:
- #41(2) used to acquire D. Butler.
- #83(3) used to acquire B. Tate
- #73(3)

#73(3) in 2009:
traded to JAX (Derek Cox) for:
-2010 #44(2)
-232(7) used to acquire Julian Eddleman

#44(2) in 2010:
traded - along with 190(6) - to Oak(Lamarr Houston, and Travis Goethel) for:
- #42 used to acquire Rob Gronkowski

----

So to recap...
NE trades #23(1) in 2009 for Butler, Tate, Eddleman, and Gronkowski (+190 in '10)

Last edited:
Fail troll is fail.

We probably would have the best defense in the NFL if not for these two boneheaded decisions. How come nobody ever mentions this?

who tipped your rock over?

Pretty sure people mention this non stop.

Just to take the bait a little... who would be playing RT the last 4 weeks if seymour was here? for that Matter NT as well? Ron brace?

Just to set the record on that trade...

#23(1) in 2009:
traded to Balt(Michael Oher) for:
- #26(1)
- #162(5)

#26(1) and #162(5) in 2009:
traded to GB(Clay Matthews) for:
- #41(2) used to acquire D. Butler.
- #83(3) used to acquire B. Tate
- #73(3)

#73(3) in 2009:
traded to JAX (Derek Cox) for:
-2010 #44(2)
-232(7) used to acquire Julian Eddleman

#44(2) in 2010:
traded - along with 190(6) - to Oak(Lamarr Houston, and Travis Goethel) for:
- #42 used to acquire Rob Gronkowski

----

So to recap...
NE trades #23(1) in 2009 for Butler, Tate, Eddleman, and Gronkowski (+190 in '10)

Laying it out like that it's really disappointing Butler and Tate haven't performed to expectations. All that needed to happen to shut people up would have been Wallace instead of Tate and this would have been a super trade no questions.

I think the questions sometimes are not about BB trading down and creating great value... but with the picks themselves. But in reality I can' fault him on the Tate and Butler picks tho... at the time we thought we got basically 2 1st round talents with a 3rd and a 2nd.

I agree. In the end, we missed on Butler and Tate. We could have had Wallace.

Laying it out like that it's really disappointing Butler and Tate haven't performed to expectations. All that needed to happen to shut people up would have been Wallace instead of Tate and this would have been a super trade no questions.

I think the questions sometimes are not about BB trading down and creating great value... but with the picks themselves. But in reality I can' fault him on the Tate and Butler picks tho... at the time we thought we got basically 2 1st round talents with a 3rd and a 2nd.

Trolling%20Lines.JPG

I'd take Gronk alone over Matthews any day.

I agree. In the end, we missed on Butler and Tate. We could have had Wallace.

This is where i think people get confused sometimes about the trading down for value system. There were good players where we picked when we traded down... we just picked poorly on those occasions (even tho people didn't think so at the time)

You pick Jarryus Byrd FS or Sean Smith CB at 42 and Wallace WR or Johnny Knox WR at 83 everyone would be saying what a genius move trading downs is.

Just because at those spots we picked poorly doesn't mean trading down/out for value isn't a good idea. It just so happened those picks were duds. i still believe trading down gives this team the best chance to succeed for years to come as we can absorb the misses of butler, tate e.t.c because we have enough picks in the bank to hit on players like chung, vollmer and gronk... with still having competant players like spikes cunningham and the like in the wings. (not to mention Hernandez but i am really focusing on the 1st 2 rounds here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes